While We're Waiting for Pinned Topics to Come Back - All those useful links we post and repost

Options

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    @Olivia, I can only speak for myself, but to me it was an issue of making sure that a sticky contains correct information rather than confusing information, not the rotation policy itself. Thanks for making the new change!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    @Olivia, I can only speak for myself, but to me it was an issue of making sure that a sticky contains correct information rather than confusing information, not the rotation policy itself. Thanks for making the new change!

This, definitely. Some of the rotated stickies were helpful. The "super helpful" thread was most certainly not helpful. Thanks for listening to us and for making changes to try and make us all happy. I know it isn't easy!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Olivia wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    2749922-I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS.jpg

Hey folks - we are simply trying to honor many requests we have had to rotate sticky topics rather than keeping some in perpetuity. We heard you though and are adding a main sticky in each category; previous stickies are at the top, new ones we will rotate through are lower down on the list. Most of these should be live by now, the rest will be done by end of day.

Thank you!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The new list is great... however... that super helpful thread has been added to it and I really don't think it's a "must read"
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    The new list is great... however... that super helpful thread has been added to it and I really don't think it's a "must read"

LOL I noticed that too. Oh well. At least it isn't replacing the spot of a more useful thread. We can just continue refuting the bad info in that thread as it comes up. Pick your battles I gues. :smile:
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

LOL I noticed that too. Oh well. At least it isn't replacing the spot of a more useful thread. We can just continue refuting the bad info in that thread as it comes up. Pick your battles I gues. :smile:

All I can think of is Big Gay Al from South Park... I'm Sooooooooper thanks for asking!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Please tell me the confession thread was added as a joke.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Olivia wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    2749922-I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS.jpg

Hey folks - we are simply trying to honor many requests we have had to rotate sticky topics rather than keeping some in perpetuity. We heard you though and are adding a main sticky in each category; previous stickies are at the top, new ones we will rotate through are lower down on the list. Most of these should be live by now, the rest will be done by end of day.

Thank You! Really!

And this^^^.

Concur. A sticky should contain useful information. It should not be a popularity contest. Those should remain in the Chit Chat forum.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    I am curious if any mods are actually following this. If they are, why are they not providing some sort of response? Obviously, this is an issue that matters, especially to the more knowledgeable members. Which is important, because if MFP experts aren't providing guidance, especially to new members, then it falls on the experienced members to help guide through the pages upon pages of nonsense that others suggest. The only reason I stuck around this site was because of the wonderful information and discussion that is included in threads like the ones linked, especially when I, like so many others, was completely clueless when I started.

The more cynical part of me thinks that it may be a ploy for people to buy the premium service. After all, if you can't seem to stop failing and none of the free information works, why not try the service with special nutrition advice and blog posts?

I'm pretty sure you're not being cynical. This site's slowly falling apart with stuff they're not fixing while pushing the new paid service.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Why in heaven's name was the Confessions thread added to the Must Read list? That thread is a glorified chit chat thread. WTF

I'm thinking it was a "haha" from the powers at be because @usmcmp kept requesting it in the nominations thread before it was nuked.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Well, it's definitely better now than before.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Why in heaven's name was the Confessions thread added to the Must Read list? That thread is a glorified chit chat thread. WTF

I'm thinking it was a "haha" from the powers at be because @usmcmp kept requesting it in the nominations thread before it was nuked.

haha I did suggest it. I figured they were making ridiculous unhelpful threads a sticky, so I was going to make sure the worst ones got attention.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »

haha I did suggest it. I figured they were making ridiculous unhelpful threads a sticky, so I was going to make sure the worst ones got attention.

Roflmao
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    What happened to the maintenance recomp thread??? I want to show it to a non-MFP friend of mine and it says "discussion not found"?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    What happened to the maintenance recomp thread??? I want to show it to a non-MFP friend of mine and it says "discussion not found"?

What happened? More like 'who'!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

It was closed for cleaning. It will be back up later when the mods are through with it.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

They hid it to clean it up. It will be back and hopefully I can get back to helping people find a way to make it work well for their situation.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

What happened? More like 'who'!

8o4aq2uttrx8.jpg