Paleo Diet/Way of Life

Options
12345679»

Replies

• montgod1
    Options
    Hello, im thinking of started the paleo way of eating. is anyone willing to be my friend and let me look at there food diary?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious and terrifying and frustrating, all at the same time. Recent trend I've seen (my observations, but not trying to accuse anyone): Paleo folk tend to act as elitist as crossfit folk. Anyone else see this? Please bear in mind, this is a generalization or stereotype; I know not everyone acts this way. Does anyone else see this? If you feel strongly about crossfit, do you really think it's so much better than serious, consistent weight-lifting? Or for the diet, if you're paleo, do you really find this better than people who eat "clean" (whatever your definition is) and at a deficit?

Basically, I want to know if I should feel shame and guilt when these jerks tell me that lifting is nothing next to crossfit and my attempts at healthy eating are nothing next to Paleo.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious and terrifying and frustrating, all at the same time. Recent trend I've seen (my observations, but not trying to accuse anyone): Paleo folk tend to act as elitist as crossfit folk. Anyone else see this? Please bear in mind, this is a generalization or stereotype; I know not everyone acts this way. Does anyone else see this? If you feel strongly about crossfit, do you really think it's so much better than serious, consistent weight-lifting? Or for the diet, if you're paleo, do you really find this better than people who eat "clean" (whatever your definition is) and at a deficit?

Basically, I want to know if I should feel shame and guilt when these jerks tell me that lifting is nothing next to crossfit and my attempts at healthy eating are nothing next to Paleo.

Always feel shame because clearly, you're doing it wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Always feel shame because clearly, you're doing it wrong. :flowerforyou:

I'm on it! Thanks!
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    steve098 wrote: »
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    You're never going to transform any restrictive diet into a permanent lifestyle change. It's definitional.

All these diets fail for one reason or another five years out. Weight is regained.

Studies show this.

Paleo will prove to be no different.

Has a zippy name- I'll give it that.

It's not your fault, however.

Our culture works against you with non-sensical food commercials and encouraging a false understanding of how your body works.

Even some doctors are taken in by this basically "stomach as a gas tank" belief.

And ALL carbohydrates- that are absorbed- wind up in the blood as 95% glucose with a little fructose and galactose thrown in.

There HAS to be a way where people can eat what they want and not have to worry about gaining weight.

Just makes sense, doesn't it?

Hilarious, slightly condescending post.

Poor little dumb me but "it's not my fault"

What's not my fault - that I eat fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, and don't eat wheat because it gives me a massive gut ache.

I don't find it restrictive at all and if you opened my fridge at any time you would find a huge assortment of healthy real food.

What's not your fault?

Well, raise you hand if you believe that:

-we have to eat a morning meal to support our glucose

-we have to eat a morning meal to have the fuel on board to power us through the day

-we have to eat a morning meal to get the metabolic machinery going as it has been sleeping- just like we were. Just as we are woken up by a crowing rooster, our metabolism has to be woken up by cereal packaged in colorful boxes

-if we don't eat SOMETHING in the morning, we will suffer from rebound hyperphagia in the afternoon, and REALLY gain weight.

OK.

Who raised their hand to what questions?

You Neanderthals in the back, don't be shy now!

No one said anything about a "morning meal." Quit littering the thread with unrelated irrelevant poo poo.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    If all the nutritionists and dietitians took a five-year vacation, the world would not know the difference.

Is that being cruel?

Ignore this poster. Known fraudulent account using a stolen profile picture. :)

That is consistently posting spam.

I think he's flagging ya'll as Abuse. I guess I'm next.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    syren527 wrote: »
    So...my diet has been like a rollercoaster ride. It has had it's ups and it's downs...and now I am looking for a change in my eating habits.

So you're looking for....another diet.

How is this going to help you?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    i would say try to replicate a way of eating that has been around for over 10,000 years, not extinct. it is only in the very recent history of people that we have started eating overly processed foods, grains, etc. and have gotten extremely obese as an american culture.

This is not correct, humans have been eating grains for at least hundreds of thousands of years.

Obesity doesn't correlate with grain consumption, as there are many calorie-restrained cultures who eat grain-heavy diets and remain thin. Obesity correlates with excessive eating.

• LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Mine is an easy choice not to eat grains. Wheat in particular makes me feel ill. I follow a diet of fresh foods and I cut out any food that has me doubled up with pain. Paleo seems to be the closest to my style of eating. There are some great recipes available.

Mongod1, there is a Primal/Paleo Support Group on this site that you may enjoy. The people there will help you.