Replies

• junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 165 (more like 170-175 though)
    CW: 128
    GW: 125
    Body shape: If I check one of those online calculators each will say something different from Apple, Banana, Hourglass.... haha. My bust measurement is more than 10 inches bigger than my waist, but not even close to my hips. One body shape calculator actually said my measurements didn't result in any of their shapes! Really I think inverted triangle describes me best :) I have lean legs, small hips/butt, carry some weight in my stomach area, and have a large chest and wider shoulders.

This is my shape to the tee!!! So frustrating when you have skinny legs, no butt, no hips and wide shoulders and big boobs. LOL I also go straight down, really no waist line. My hips and waist are only like 3 inches difference. No matter how thin I get, my measurements are always like that. So weird.
  • Pattunia
    Pattunia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and I'm not apple/pear shaped really, just.. average I guess? I put on weight evenly all over my body so it takes a lot of weight gain/loss (relative to my own weight) for any differences to show. E.g. I've gained around 26lbs since autumn 2011 and have only gone up one dress size.

My SW was 154lbs, my CW is 143 and my GW is probably between 123-127lbs.
  • saranprice
    saranprice Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my SW is 240 and my goal weight is 200. I just started and eventually I'd like to get down to 180 but I'm taking my goals in steps :)

I have an hourglass shape and am proportionate, meaning my weight doesn't gather in one specific area; it gathers evenly all over. My pant size is an 18 and my goal size is probably a 14!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 16/18/20 depending on the style of clothing, brand, what store I buy it in and if I've had enough water that day, haha. I'm hoping to get down to a 12/14.

You won't have ANY trouble with this... I'm 5'6 165 and right now in comfortable 10's.

SW: 228 (ish)
    CW: 165 + 31% BF
    GW: 130 and around 20% BF (will re-*kitten* as I get closer)
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 1/2 " and started at 208. CW 164 and goal weight of 140. I am pear shape and would like to get down to approx 130-135. By the way, I will be turning 52 soon. :smile:
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. I would say that I have an hourglass shape.

SW: 180/185ish
    CW: 145
    GW: Be healthy and fit; not so much about a number any more

I have to say that I have become less concerned with reaching a specific number. For me, it has become more about becoming fit and healthy. I want to set a good example for my children. I let myself go after having my kids and decided it was time for a change after getting on the scale at the doctor's office and it read 185! It was a real eye opener. I had allowed my self to get comfortable with my unhealthy weight. It took seeing that large number on the scale to get me motivated and to get into shape.
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. My starting weight was 148. I'm naturally a relatively slim build, but after not exercising and constantly eating whatever I wanted for a few years, I started packing on some extra weight. It was especially present in my thighs, butt and stomach.

I'm now down to 122-126 or so. I am pretty happy with my weight as is. If I continue to build muscle as I am trying to do, I'll be okay with it going up. I just want to know it's muscle and not fat.

If I wasn't working out and just wanted the scale to reflect my desired weight, it would be about 120. Definitely no lower. I want to ensure I maintain a healthy BMI, and anything much lower than 120 wouldn't really be healthy for my height.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ht - 5'8
    Age- 33
    SW- 255 (ouch)
    CW- 194 (for over three mths)
    GW- 175 (or somewhere in that range)

My shape is slight pear. Never had a stomach I gain weight in my boobs and thighs. I lost the boobs and now im firming the hip/thigh area since it refuses to leave the party. I can get in a size ten but i can move in a size 11/12. Hoping for a comfortable 10 at the end of it all.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow congrats.
    I am 5'6.
    SW: 258lbs
    CW:243.5lbs
    GW:120-140lbs

I started out wearing 1x-2x shirts and sweatpants and 18 size jeans. I still wear those but they are loser and one pair of pants almost falls off me and I also fit into a size 14 and juniors 17 jeggings. which 6 months ago I couldn't even fit into a size juniors 19. And now I also fit into an xl shirt way better then I did before lol

I am kinda in between body shapes so i can't really tell but before all my weight gain I was more of a pair shape and I was rocking it lol :) I know I can do it!!!

Good luck to everyone else on there goals!!!
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 242
    CW: 170
    GW: 154

Goal is to get to a healthy BMI which for me is 154lbs. Once there I will re-evaluate.

Clothes sizes:
    Trousers: Started at UK22-24 or US20-22 and now UK12 or US10
    Tops: Started at UK22-24 or US20-22 and now UK14 or US12

Am still carrying weight on my stomach and thighs... and loose skin isnt attractive but it is what it is.
    Shape - not really sure as I can't tell. I think I am smaller on the top but clothes sizes would tend to indicate otherwise. Still have real problems working out what I look like as I just think I look like a beach ball.
  • Kateboyd37
    Kateboyd37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    H: 5' 6"

SW: 205
    CW: 196
    GW: 140

I currently wear a size 14 on top and 16 on the bottom. I'm pear-shaped with broad shoulders/fairly proportionate.

Current measurements are:

Bust: 41
    Waist: 35
    Hips: 44

I have a muscular build and a large frame so my goal weight of 140 will put me on the thinner-side
    of a size 8 in a dress, and size 10 in trouser while still leaving me with some boobs :O)
  • nmmom2
    nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 152.5lbs. In 2005 I weighed 195lbs, at the suggestion of my doctor I went on South Beach. I dropped to 165lbs in a year and that is where I had been stuck at ever since. In February 2013, I participated in the Standard Process Purification Program (detox) with my chiropractor. I dropped to 154lbs. I went from a size 8 to a 6. That was the jolt my body needed to shed those pounds. I swim 3xweek, walk 5xweek and eat clean. I started MyFitnessPal and C25K a week ago and have finally dropped to my current weight. I hate counting calories, but this has made it very easy. I am currently running intervals 3xweek in addition to my other exercising.

I know the number on the scale is not the most important thing. It is the way my clothes fit, but I will admit I obsess over the scale. My friend asked me how low I wanted to go on my weight and I honestly could not answer that question because I don't know when I will be happy with my weight and how I look.

My Current Goal is 147lbs.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    5'6"
    SW 195 lbs
    GW 135 lbs
    Pear shape
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    H: 5'8"

SW: 238
    CW: 219
    GW: 180 atm but subject to change

I carry muscle and build easily. Between 170 and 180 is usually a size 9 for me. I tend towards a straight up and down body type, not much of a waist line which is why Junior sizes seem to fit me better when I'm smaller. I currently wear a size 17.
  • terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 33 years old. My SW was 155lbs, CW is 131lbs, GW is 125lbs. As for body shape, I don't know how to describe... but I tend to carry my weight around my middle? I'm not as concerned about the number as I am about the tone and how I feel/look in my clothes. Even though I'm only 6lbs away from my GW, I still have a long way to go until I have everything tightened up the way I would like.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    42 years old and 5'8" tall. My starting Weight was 183 and my Goal Weight is 140 (long term) I am focused on toning and building muscle...the scale number is a nice goal, but not the big picture for me! I started my journey in August of last year, and doing pretty good so far. I am ready for summer and the warmer weather because I get super active outside. I started at a size 14 and am down into some 10's now.....
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    SW: 170
    GW: 130
    Height: 5'6"

Body Shape is b/w straight up & down and/or inverted triangle
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    SW: 210+
    GW: 145
    Height: 5'6"
    body shape: pear, ugh...
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    SW:208 (size 16)
    CW: 137 (size 4-6/XS-S)
    GW: 130
    5ft 6inches tall
    Apple shape
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I am 5'6''. I would say that I am more pear shaped...I have a ghetto booty.

SW: 142
    CW: 142
    GW: 132