5' 6"-5'8" ladies what's your SW, GW and body shape

Options

Replies

• mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, starting weight 191 and goal weight 154 (maybe 144). I'm a large frame hourglass.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8

Started at 185 in March....I am now 163. I am not sure what body shape I am. I am pretty sure it is b/t straight and hourglass, I also have a small body frame.

I started at a tight size 12 and I am now almost an 8. I lost most my weight in my torso so far, but I have a long torso.

My goal is anywhere from 135-140.
    Between straight and an hourglass, with a longer torso is called a "vase" I believe.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, my SW was 162 and I'm currently at 158. 130-135 is goal. I'm hourglass shaped I believe, but right now I feel like a pear!
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am 25 years old. 5'6"

SW: 130
    CW: 124-125
    GW: 115

I'm a pear shape unfortunately. But that also means I've noticed a lot of weight loss in my hips and butt. I've lost an inch in my hips over the course of three weeks!

I started this journey after trying on some old bathing suits. I figured I was way too young to not be rocking a bikini because of insecurity over the way I look. I'm trying to get more toned definitely and hopefully down to a size 2. I'm a solid 4 right now. I've heard that at 20% body fat you can actually see your muscle definition. I'm definitely aiming for that!.
  • chloeshotmom
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    34 y/o
    3 months post partum
    I was size 2 before and now im size 8-10
    Goal weight 115lbs
    I think im pear shape.
  • jlwhit04
    jlwhit04 Posts: 5
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    SW: 164 (this was a few years ago, I've been under 150 for over a year)
    CW:143
    GW: 135

I'm pear shaped. And I recently found a workout I love....aerial arts! Actually looking forward to a workout is definitely new for me :)
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Feel free to add me and add some extra support / accountability.

Height: 5'7"
    SW: 164... then 168. It was a hard starting week haha.
    CW: 152
    GW: 145

I'm an hour glass shape, and currently resting in that uncomfortable place where size 8 pants are too big but size 6 pants are a little too snug.
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". My starting weight was 180-ish pounds and my goal weight was 140. I am pear shaped.

I ended up beating my goal and weight just a little under 135 now.

CONGRATS!!
  • jollyrj2
    jollyrj2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'8"

Shape: Not sure? Hourglass-ish...

HW: 204 Prego
    CW: Prob 148 - stopped weighing myself but my clothes feel much better and last weigh in a while back was 150 (didn't update MFP)
    Lowest Weight: 127 as an adult
    GW: a STRONG 135

Started a heavy lifting program last week - looking forward to seeing the changes happen to my bod.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Im 5'6", I weigh 148 pounds and I'm roughly hourglass, I have a large bust - 34dd. I wear a size 2 in jeans or a 27 and a dress size 4. My goal is to get back to between 128 and 130 and then maintain it. I'm noticing from reading these posts that weight really really varies a lot, and also that I'm friggin heavy for a size 2 lol.... I'm working on building muscle but I'm definitely not super muscular so I'm wondering now why I'm so darn heavy for my size if other people at my weight and height are a size 6 - anyone else have this going on with their body?
  • jollyrj2
    Options
    5'8"

CW: Prob 148 - stopped weighing myself but my clothes feel much better and last weigh in a while back was 150 (didn't update MFP)

Started a heavy lifting program last week - looking forward to seeing the changes happen to my bod.

Oh and should add that I'm currently a size 8 and looking forward to being in a size 4/5 again.
  • jollyrj2
    Options
    Im 5'6", I weigh 148 pounds and I'm roughly hourglass, I have a large bust - 34dd. I wear a size 2 in jeans or a 27 and a dress size 4. My goal is to get back to between 128 and 130 and then maintain it. I'm noticing from reading these posts that weight really really varies a lot, and also that I'm friggin heavy for a size 2 lol.... I'm working on building muscle but I'm definitely not super muscular so I'm wondering now why I'm so darn heavy for my size if other people at my weight and height are a size 6 - anyone else have this going on with their body?

You have larger breasts which contribute to the weight factor.. ;) You might be very petite in the lower half? I'm large busted too - 36DD ..there's a lot of weight in our chests!
  • shyroxxy82
    shyroxxy82 Posts: 11
    Options
    Height: 5'9
    SW: 178
    CW: 165
    GW: 140-150

My Shape is hour glass. i have always had a very small waist, but very round plump booty and very nice legs. I was a fitness model for 4 years, then 6 years ago i got married and started having kids. There went my body LOl but Im getting it back, and plan to start fitness comps again next year... Im currently in a fitness Bootcamp 3 days a week, and Gym 2 days a week. I have a PT 3 days a week I hired for the next 6 months... I have been at this for 4 weeks now and iam down 14 pounds. 23% Body Fat and wearing a size 8. I want to get back into a 3-5....My husband is a Bodybuilder and really inspires me to keep going. My kids are my inspiration in life and I want to set a good example for them to stay healthy. my kids are already on swim teams and run with me and daddy...
  • shyroxxy82
    shyroxxy82 Posts: 11
    Options
    5'8"

Before My kdis and during my fitness modeling years, (just 5 years ago) I was at 134lbs and 17% Body Fat and im 5'9" and I was mush smaller than you are now. So i find t hard to believe your at a size 2 jeans. When i got preggo i went up t 200 lbs cause i was so lean and fit from fitness modeling, i had alot to gain. My body was loving all the carbs i craved LOL
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    39 Female
    5'8
    SW: 282 Size 24 Jan 2013
    Lowest Weigt: 130 size 6 before 4 pregnancies
    CW: ? 255 size 18/20 ( NSV picked up a size 16-18 yesterday and they fit perfectly)
    1GW: 199
    UGW: 185 then reassess, probably close to 160
    Not sure of my body shape
  • resilient86
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 213 lbs
    CW: 213 lbs, size 18, XL shirts
    GW: 135-145 lbs

I have a square or athletic build (broad shoulders, not so curvy in the hip area). I just joined MFP so I'm looking for new friends as well! :drinker:
  • amyrcathey
    amyrcathey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5' 7"
    SW: 175
    CW: 173
    GW: Well, this months gw (by July 1st) I would like to be 166 lbs. But my
    ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT is around the 130-140s.

Current body shape is like a squarish apple- broad shoulders, heavy torso and naturally slimmer (but now flabby) legs.
    Goal physique? I want to be slim- never skinny! I want that muscle definition! I want to reduce the flab that is so stubbornly surrounding my body.. I want to be an "after" pic.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i am 5'8", 200lbs, and i dont know what i would consider my shape to be. i am pretty proportionate. I do have big boobs so that is where a lot of my weight comes from lol. My goal weight right now is 150. :)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". I am an apple shape when I'm bigger as I put weight on on my tummy, but when I'm thinner I'm pretty straight up and down with broad shoulders.

I started at 210lbs and was a UK size 20 (US size 16). I am now 149lbs and am a UK size 12 (US size 8) although my trousers are getting very loose so I may soon need to size down to a UK10 (US6).

I'm not sure what my goal weight is at the moment! I was aiming for 154lbs, but obviously I have passed that. I am looking roughly at 140lbs now, but I will stop when I think I look and feel "right".
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    SW-176.8
    CW-170
    GW-134
    I have an hour glass figure.