What type of milk do you drink?

Options

Replies

• caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to lighten up! I don't drink milk much, but when I do its fat free, why? Because it has less calories then whole milk.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    jorgetun83 wrote: »
    OKfarmgal wrote: »
    I drink whole raw milk from our local dairy. Before that I drank the milk from my goats. Best milk you'll ever have!!

I drink "whole", milk, supermarket one.

I would love to try raw milk, but it seems it's illegal to buy it around (Michigan), I know there are workarounds for that, but I almost feel like buying drugs, and I suspect it's easier to get those, lol.

Raw cow milk tends to be heartier than supermarket milk (or is it just the cows around here?). I suspect it has a higher fat content, but yes, you need to try it somehow. It tastes great!

I love milk.. raw, supermarket, full, skim, half skim, cold, warm, you name it. Just talking about it makes me feel all fuzzy.
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    jorgetun83 wrote: »
    OKfarmgal wrote: »
    I drink whole raw milk from our local dairy. Before that I drank the milk from my goats. Best milk you'll ever have!!

I drink "whole", milk, supermarket one.

I would love to try raw milk, but it seems it's illegal to buy it around (Michigan), I know there are workarounds for that, but I almost feel like buying drugs, and I suspect it's easier to get those, lol.

Raw cow milk tends to be heartier than supermarket milk (or is it just the cows around here?). I suspect it has a higher fat content, but yes, you need to try it somehow. It tastes great!

I love milk.. raw, supermarket, full, skim, half skim, cold, warm, you name it. Just talking about it makes me feel all fuzzy.

I'll figure it out. I know some local farms let you "rent a cow", and allow you to have the milk for a price (and yet you are not buying the milk, I love this law twisting workaround). I guess I should try that method.

I will ask around in my local farmer's market as well.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Full fat, filtered Cravendale milk for me, sometimes half fat if it is on offer. I hate skimmed milk and soya milk never mixes well in hot drinks, whilst almond milk does not seem to work well in hot drinks for me either.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Can't believe the number of flagged posts in here... this whole system is going to allow people to flag posts for the slightest of things.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk. I use it to make my protein shakes.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I recently reintroduced cow's milk. In small amounts. Like, half a cup with my oatmeal. For the calcium, mostly, as I have problems with calcium intake due to having a deficiency in it for so long. I can't drink it in large quantities, though, or it makes me even more constipated than I normally am (lol tmi, but harsh reality for some of us).

So, I discovered almond milk. And it's pretty good. I realize it's not actually "milk", but it works as a decent substitute. In recipes where it doesn't, I use soy milk. But I don't like soy milk as much. I noticed they have cashew "milk" now, too. I'm afraid to try it, but I might.

I think I would stillb uy them if they were called "almond water" or "soy water". Although "milk substitute" could work, too. I don't know. I drink them because they're easier on my stomach.
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Grass fed whole milk.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options

I think I would stillb uy them if they were called "almond water" or "soy water". Although "milk substitute" could work, too. I don't know. I drink them because they're easier on my stomach.

Actually, where I live nut milks are not called milk. It's called "almond drink" for example. When I first joined MFP I was reading about these milks and wondering what the heck they are. I actually thought they were milk, flavored with nuts - like chocolate milk. Took me a while to realize it's the exact same thing as the nut drinks we have.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    2% or whole milk typically. I've made almond and soy "milk" at home, and sometimes I'll get coconut milk as well. Just depends on what it's for. When my youngest is sick I try and keep milk out of the house as she will continue to use it an exacerbate her mucous issues. :|

I think someone must be really pissed off and on a flagging spree tonight, because it's not just this thread where people are getting flagged for dumb things. Then again maybe being able to see them and call it out is a bonus of the new system. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    In for milk, bad advice, increasing flagged post count, etc. :mrgreen:
  • MandyGraham73
    MandyGraham73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink fat free skimmed milk. I find half fat & full fat taste too creamy
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Recently switched from 2% to 1% because there's not a *huge* taste difference and those extra 20 calories make a difference when you can clear a quart at dinner. I don't do that often anymore, but if my calorie allowance could handle it I'd probably be drinking even more.....
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I'm starting to wonder if people are flagging stuff just because they don't like the people making the post without even reading what they're saying....
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if people are flagging stuff just because they don't like the people making the post without even reading what they're saying....

That would never happen. Ever. Have you lost faith in humanity?
    You're presuming I had faith in humanity....or anything else for that matter really.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Can't believe the number of flagged posts in here... this whole system is going to allow people to flag posts for the slightest of things.

It's going to turn into a circus of people just flagging posts for no reason. Stuff that there is nothing wrong with. Just because people don't agree with what's said.

I like to move it move it!

Afro_circus.gif

• amusedmonkey
    Options

It's a new feature, of course people are going to abuse it. The abuse will taper off eventually when it becomes less "new". I think the flag button is being used as a "dislike" button.

• nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have an allergy to cow's milk, and have tried goat and sheep's milk and they just don't turn my crank. I can tolerate a tablespoon or two of 10% cream in my coffee, but for the most part I use coconut milk. Almond, soy, hemp, flax, etc. are all okay, I just prefer the unsweetened coconut stuff (the one in the dairy case, not the thick and creamy canned one)