Please flag the spam !

Options

Replies

• 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Realised today how to flag spam on the mobile app - now that's a valuable addition to my modern lifestyle!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    35dollars wrote: »
    Realised today how to flag spam on the mobile app - not that's a valuable addition to my modern liftstyle!

Is it any faster than regular or mobile websites? Come on, share already!!! :tongue:
  • 35dollars
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No quicker, just didn't realise until today that there was a "..." menu at the top of the message which led to the spam flag

Also didn't realise there were 2 typos in my original message until I saw it again
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Two persons reported me as spamming. Did I? No. It's mere perception. Sometimes, apparently, it doesn't mean a thing.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Don't stress about it, Raina. Some people flag posts they don't like just for the heck of it. The moderators know what's spam and what's not, and if you happen to break a rule they will let you know about it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    No quicker, just didn't realise until today that there was a "..." menu at the top of the message which led to the spam flag

Also didn't realise there were 2 typos in my original message until I saw it again

Ah! Thought maybe you could do eight at once or something ;)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Don't stress about it, Raina. Some people flag posts they don't like just for the heck of it. The moderators know what's spam and what's not, and if you happen to break a rule they will let you know about it.

And on top of that, we warn the ones who consistently flag inappropriately
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ^ gone
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Is there less spam or am I just not staying as late on the computer? I noticed less the last couple days in comparison.. It's all relative I suppose.. it'll never begone for ever. So I still get more chances to win at the 5th click! :D Got a lot of those the other night! :+1:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Is there less spam or am I just not staying as late on the computer? I noticed less the last couple days in comparison.. It's all relative I suppose.. it'll never begone for ever. So I still get more chances to win at the 5th click! :D Got a lot of those the other night! :+1:

Pretty sure you just jinxed it, Love :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Pretty sure you just jinxed it, Love :)

Probably.. :laugh:
  • 35dollars
    Options
    Without wishing to tempt fate, it has gone very quiet - our friends from Korea have either given up or are on holiday. There have been a few one-off gibberish posts advertising miscellaneous crap, but no more than a couple a day
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Without wishing to tempt fate, it has gone very quiet - our friends from Korea have either given up or are on holiday. There have been a few one-off gibberish posts advertising miscellaneous crap, but no more than a couple a day

Ok, I'm not crazy then... seemed that way to me as well. If we type very quietly ...they won't hear us nor spam us.
    @35dollars :laugh:
  • 35dollars
    Options
    The Korean spam is back, albeit not in major quantity yet - just killed 4 threads
  • RainaProske
    Options
    I was tagged as having spammed. What did I do wrong? Thank you!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options

Could me a a mistake or someone didn't like what had been written. Some people just flag for the sake of flagging.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    The Korean spam is back, albeit not in major quantity yet - just killed 4 threads

The reprieve was nice while it lasted....
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    @RainaProske Probably nothing at all, some members get bored I guess and click spam on ppl or abuse improperly. Almost seems if someone doesn't like a certain comment they flag it as spam or abuse. :noway:

In the future or if you see you still are flagged you can contact Nova or a Mod to remove a spam or abuse flag that someone on the boards decided to click on your post. Mods can remove those flags if the threads aren't deleted already. So if you do see one you can always report your own post then to have the flag removed. :smiley:

• RainaProske
    Options
    Thank you! It happened when I first came to the community, so it's no big deal. :smile: I just didn't know what I'd done wrong, but apparently, I was only tagged for spam twice. Thanks again!