Please flag the spam !

Options

Replies

• 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The reprieve was nice while it lasted....

They've obviously noticed that their threads are getting blitzed quickly - they've started formatting their threads differently - including spaces etc to prevent searching for 119.me. They think a script is killing them... :wink:

They've also tried posting at different times - that's not worked either :)
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've got bad news: The bots're now creating groups!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115031-spu7
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, I saw this note under a minute before a mod / staff got to them and banned them :laugh:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    This is amazing, I saw this note under a minute before a mod / staff got to them and banned them :laugh:

Youre welcome
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Got it.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited July 2016
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Got it.

Thank you & I saw that you, got the others!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Got it.

I send one to the spam filter and then it gets them all. Hopefully no more will occur because i am about done for tonight.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Got it.

I send one to the spam filter and then it gets them all. Hopefully no more will occur because i am about done for tonight.

I didn't even know that you were on, until you posted here; so I had already PM Nova.
  • 35dollars
    Options
    got 'em. waiting for the next batch to surface....
  • 35dollars
    Options

Slightly off-topic, but is there any way to get to an author's posts like that, through the menu system? At the moment, I just come back to this thread and c&p/edit one of the existing links.

Logically, I would have thought you could get to it via the user's profile, but I can't see anything that leads there.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Its through the search link, then choose author in the drop down list. Type in author name (I have found it doesn't work if copying and pasting)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search
  • 35dollars
    Options
    Ah OK. Though it does rather raise the question of why you can't get to the user's posts from their profile 0 that's such an obvious/normal BB feature, that I'm amazed it isn't available here - I don't think I've used another forum in the last 10 years where you can't do that
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Use to be able to link to a members posts via the forums, the link was where it said Posts under the member name. Members were able to disable the link though and make it available to only friends.
  • 35dollars
    Options
    Can't see the point of being able to disable that, if you can reach the same point through another, less convenient, path.

I suppose it's a deterrent to casual stalkers, but seems a pretty weak barrier
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    35dollars wrote: »
    Can't see the point of being able to disable that, if you can reach the same point through another, less convenient, path.

I suppose it's a deterrent to casual stalkers, but seems a pretty weak barrier

We gained some features but lost a few as well with the October 2014 forum software update. I just always assumed removing that feature was unintentional, but based on you guys' comments it may or may not have been

On iPhone I use text replacements, which help me type most of the link, just not the username. Is there an equivalent feature on your device? If you're on a computer I might save it in a file or create a bookmark, just so whenever you start to type in the URL it pops up the full link and you could copy it from there

• psuLemon
    Options
    35dollars wrote: »
    Ah OK. Though it does rather raise the question of why you can't get to the user's posts from their profile 0 that's such an obvious/normal BB feature, that I'm amazed it isn't available here - I don't think I've used another forum in the last 10 years where you can't do that

Its because the front end is a completely different software than the forums. That feature used to exist on the old system and i miss it. The mods do have that capability through our dashboard though.