Freelee the Banana Girl...SMH

Options

Replies

• thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to make it political or religious, just saying that she is extreme and making comparisons of her extremities that people would understand.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am not trying to make it political or religious, just saying that she is extreme and making comparisons of her extremities that people would understand.

Referencing those groups as part of your "extreme" comparison is inappropriate and unnecessary.
  • thefatveganchef
    Options
    ...and true.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Referencing those groups as part of your "extreme" comparison is inappropriate and unnecessary.
    I think the analogy is apt. She's extreme and fanatical. A perfect zealot. It would be hard to find a better comparison.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »

I think the analogy is apt. She's extreme and fanatical. A perfect zealot. It would be hard to find a better comparison.

But seriously...can we not.
    We're talking about a woman who eats fruit. Not a hate group or extremist group.
    Politics and religion is absolutely inappropriate for this conversation.
  • thefatveganchef
    Options
    Her views are political and extremist. People look at her and some will think that her views represent all vegans. Just like a lot of Americans look at ISIS and the taliban and think all muslims are extremists. She only represents a very few extremist vegans out there and most vegans and vegetarians are not like her. It isn't a religious rant, it is a comparison of her extremist and political views to most vegans. It is an analogy and I will not apologize for making the comparison because it is a good analogy. She is more than just a fruitarian, she has extremist views and she preaches them on her youtube channel and condemns those who does not have her views. She gives a bad image for the rest of us and there are people who try to eat like she does which is dangerous, especially for young and impressionable minds. People are going to be malnourished trying to follow her advise.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

We're talking about a woman who eats fruit. Not a hate group or extremist group.

The reference that is being made has nothing to do with the eating fruit. If you can't get that then you are missing the whole point of this thread. She can eat what ever she wants, just like people can believe what ever they want (religion, politics), but once you start trying to shove it down other peoples "throats", you become a zealot. Especially how fanatical her and her boyfriend are about it. They have no science based evidence, just their beliefs (hmm, there is that word belief, something seen a lot in religion and politics).

Sadly, there are a lot of young women and men that are uneducated, or unwilling to research for themselves, and they fall for her garbage. So much so that she gets national media attention with some health magazines which gives her a bigger "pedestal" to spout her nonsense.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »

The reference that is being made has nothing to do with the eating fruit. If you can't get that then you are missing the whole point of this thread. She can eat what ever she wants, just like people can believe what ever they want (religion, politics), but once you start trying to shove it down other peoples "throats", you become a zealot. Especially how fanatical her and her boyfriend are about it. They have no science based evidence, just their beliefs (hmm, there is that word belief, something seen a lot in religion and politics).

Sadly, there are a lot of young women and men that are uneducated, or unwilling to research for themselves, and they fall for her garbage. So much so that she gets national media attention with some health magazines which gives her a bigger "pedestal" to spout her nonsense.

I am not missing the point.

I do not condone what she does. But I dislike that religion and politics was dragged into this conversation.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Meaning she is very extreme and dosn't represent true christians or musilms.

Does she talk about religion a lot? Or are you just being weird?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Well, to play devil's advocate for a moment...

Vegans ARE an extremist group.
  • thefatveganchef
    Options
    She is to vegans as isis is to musilms. There is no religion being implied, only an analogy of extremism. She is like the alf of animal rights supporters. There, no religion...
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yeah, you're just being creepy.

Not that it surprises me coming from a vegan. :(
  • thefatveganchef
    Options
    Whatever. I am just saying she does not represent most vegans views including mine. She is an extremist.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    In a world of idiots, she is a cretin.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You are what you eat.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Jezza!
    It's about time you did something about that gut! <3
  • ClairePear14
    Options
    You've literally got to be an idiot to follow Freelees advice.
    She takes being a vegan to the next level and everyone is below her if they dont eat 3000+ calories a day of fruit or if they are not like her. Like who wants to just eat fruit for the rest of their lives anyway? eugh.

She promotes unhealthy things like ''being skinny'' and ''having a thigh gap'' and saying the skinny is the only good thing - everyone has to be skinny to be healthy and if you dont have a thigh gap, you're unhealthy.

Her diet has made so many people ill and she is drawing in the mentally unstable with eating disorders. Making matters a lot worse.

Also, she is so aggressive. Have you seen her comments on Youtube? YIKES! I dont know why she feels the need to be aggressive though.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Disagree. It's not inappropriate at all. She is a zealot, in every definition of the term. She is hateful (calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "fat" and "stupid" and "wrong" is extremely hateful and intolerant.) She is extreme, promoting something that most people couldn't possibly sustain long-term, with probable albeit unforeseen future health problems. I can't see how that's so very different from any other group that does the same thing, be they religious or political, or whatever else.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Disagree. It's not inappropriate at all. She is a zealot, in every definition of the term. She is hateful (calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "fat" and "stupid" and "wrong" is extremely hateful and intolerant.) She is extreme, promoting something that most people couldn't possibly sustain long-term, with probable albeit unforeseen future health problems. I can't see how that's so very different from any other group that does the same thing, be they religious or political, or whatever else.

I'm done repeating myself, and I won't be entertaining your argument.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »

I am not missing the point.

I do not condone what she does. But I dislike that religion and politics was dragged into this conversation.

Then perhaps you should consider dragging yourself out of this thread. No community guidelines were violated here, and I think an interesting and valid parallel was drawn here with regards to extremism.