What are the "good for you" foods that you detest?

Options

Replies

• Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I really dislike most of the leafy greens (in their raw form for salads) except for baby spinach so I usually make my salads with iceberg which is not anywhere near as nutritious. Oddly enough I can eat steamed leafy greens with no problem at all and really enjoy them but I guess the texture of them raw makes me yack.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Watermelon makes me gag...I could never eat it. Wish I could though... :(

OMG! I can't live without watermelon, however I can live without peanut butter and broiled catfish, oooo and califlower.
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't care for crab much, but love other seafood and shrimp.

I never cared for crab much either until I got pregnant with my first daughter! lol! That was actually one of the first things that made me think I was pregnant, I was craving it and had never really liked it! Now I love it and so does my daughter :)

I hate onions and peppers, and most mushrooms. And mangos...I think they taste like when you spray perfume and accidentally have your mouth open! Yuck!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I detest avacados, cooked spinach, yogurt, cheesecake and tea. yuk!!! OH wait! Cheesecake isn't good for you. HAHAHAHA

HaHa! Soooooo wish it was! Maybe I wouldn't have all this weight to lose if it was! It's my favorite (absolutely NOT healthy) dessert!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm weird! There is practically no food I don't love. All vegetables, yes! Cottage cheese, fish, you name it. Love them all! Nuts, beans, brown rice, every kind of fruit: all my favs. I draw the line at stuff like escargot, caviar, haggis, or brains since I figure my problem is having too many choices already.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    whole grain pasta!!!!! :sick:
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    fish/shellfish - I can smell it a mile away and it always makes me feel nauseous. I can't sit at a table with people who are eating it, it puts me off my own meal. I have never enjoyed any form of seafood, except calimari, and even then only if it's cooked well.
    mushrooms - who wants to something that grows on another type of food to tell you that it's no good anymore??? also, chewy :sick:
    diet jelly - the sweeteners leave a bitter after taste! This goes for most diet soft drink too, except coke zero. also, the texture of jelly is just icky.
    capsicum and onion - even if it is really finely chopped up, I have feel it straight away and will pick it out. It just feels wrong in my mouth...

After reading through the thread I feel positively good! I will eat most fruit/vegies/grains.

I don't really see the fuss on organic though... It doesn't taste any different. Maybe it's a cultural thing? Most of our produce in Australia is of high quality even if it isn't labelled organic, and I'm pretty certain that they can't use chemicals on produce crops here anyways...
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I agree! They are nasty. And bananas, GAG! I think they are Gods joke. He put them here to see who would eat such nasty stuff and laughs everytime someone does!
    My son used to say that bananas smelt like monkey sick. :huh: Erm, how did he know?

Having said that, I can't eat bananas or berries as I'm allergic to them. Unfortunately I don't like much in the way of any fruit aside from melon. Considering I'm a vegetarian, it's not good! However, I do love almost all vegetables (not beetroot!) and could eat brussels sprouts every day for the rest of my life! xx
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of vegetables...kind of just eat them because we have to.
    Damn, if weight gain didn't exist, the only vegetable i would be eating would be fries!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    omg if u guys hate all those veggies.. what do u eat to stay healthy?!?!?

i love allll veggies. except celery
    and oh my ill take fruits instead of dessert =]

when i was young id just wash a cucumber/green pepper/ romaine heart/ or carrot and walk around eating it as if it was a lolly pop ( i mean starting at the ago of 4!!!) id be around where my mom is cooking and id be like mommy... give me a tomato pleeeeease. and she would actually be so weirded out like "umm well dont ruin ur appetite honey!" lol

as if i was snacking on ice cream before dinner. lol
    I LOVE HEALTHY FOOD... i just also love unhealthy food .. thats my problem lol

:love: i love food!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    mango!! yuck - its like soap! but every other veg and fruit i pretty much love! :)
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much an equal opportunity eater, but I can't get past olives! I've tried all types, and I just don't like them! :sad:
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Brown Rice! ICK. I cannot choke it down, I either skip rice altogether or eat 1/2 serving of white.

Onions, Edamame, Spinach. Those are the worst of things people like.
  • patwil73
    patwil73 Posts: 28
    Options
    My wife always jokes she only needs to know how to cook 5 things and I am good to go. I hate (and by hate I mean almost get physically ill) most foods not on the following list:

steak - shrimp - dark chicken - pork - ham - bacon
    2% milk - orange juice - grape juice - apple juice - coke
    corn with butter, green beens with seasoned salt, celery with peanut butter, oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries, apples
    potatoes (fake not real) - fries
    white and wheat bread - pork fried rice - white rice from a teriyaki store not home - pancakes - french toast

As you can see, I hate almost all vegetables and a lot of fruit, healthy meat choices (can't stand breast meat), healthy drinks, healthy starches. The only way I have survived so far is simply limiting my portions and working out a lot.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    mango!! yuck - its like soap! but every other veg and fruit i pretty much love! :)

I hate mango too!!! Totally forgot about that. It's pretty much the only fruit I don't like.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options

steak - shrimp - dark chicken - pork - ham - bacon
    2% milk - orange juice - grape juice - apple juice - coke
    corn with butter, green beens with seasoned salt, celery with peanut butter, oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries, apples
    potatoes (fake not real) - fries
    white and wheat bread - pork fried rice - white rice from a teriyaki store not home - pancakes - french toast

This post just made me hungry!!

Growing up we ate everything--my cooked all of our meals and we rarely went out to eat. I love most veggies and all fruit, and recently starting to like seafoods I didn't like before like shrimp ...

Things I don't like: Liver, salmon, brussel sprouts, asparagus, pork chops, apples,
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Fish! All fish, I hate the texture and the smell and the taste. I will eat Lobster, Shrimp, Crab, Scampi - but cannot tolerate any other critters from the sea.
  • cccng
    cccng Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of vegetables...kind of just eat them because we have to.
    Damn, if weight gain didn't exist, the only vegetable i would be eating would be fries!

HILARIOUS. I laughed by myself for a little while there!

Thankfully I love veggies! I just can't stand raw onions and any fish except halibut or cod (mostly because they have no taste!)
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    as soon as anything sweetened with any kind of artificial sweetener passes my lips it's like alarm bells go off in my head screaming "THIS TASTES FAKE AND WEIRD AND WRONG AND IF YOU KEEP EATING IT YOU'LL DIE!!!!!!!!"

i'd rather have things that are completely unsweetened than sweetened with splenda, sweet n low, etc
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There are very few things I don't like. BUT ... I hate bananas. The smell is awfully.