Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Two words. Yuengling Light. 99 Calories per serving. That and baked or grilled chicken breast instead of fried wings. Get the wing sauce on the side. Baked potato with only a little shredded cheese, or just butter and salt & pepper. You'd be surprised at how good those alternatives can be, and if you are even just a little mindful of the portions, you can have it all for under 500 calories.

one word: why?

I mean come on people if you can't go out from time and time and enjoy some buffalo wings and beer, what the hell is the point of living? Are we just going to burry ourselves in our homes and eat baked chicken and veggies for the rest of our lives..??????????
    It's very easy to say that you wouldn't want to live if you couldn't have beer, but if your doctor sat you down and said your best chance at living was to change your diet and eliminate certain things, you might very well decide that you do want to live, after all.

You might not!

But you might.

When it's no longer hypothetical, people sometimes change their minds.

I fail to see how this is relevant in the context of this thread…as OP has identified no medical issue...
    I think it's relevant in that each of us weighs the pros and cons of eating certain things.

The OP made it sound like she couldn't have an 'on plan' night out or a 'maintenance level' night out, that it was either 1200 calories or a total rout. That sounds like all or nothing thinking, which is a hair away from binge thinking. If beer & wings means a binge you might choose to avoid it for health reasons, too.

my comment was directed at the grilled chicken substitute and light yuengling light comment, not specially at the OP ….

It would help if you clicked "previous quotes" …just saying...
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Two words. Yuengling Light. 99 Calories per serving. That and baked or grilled chicken breast instead of fried wings. Get the wing sauce on the side. Baked potato with only a little shredded cheese, or just butter and salt & pepper. You'd be surprised at how good those alternatives can be, and if you are even just a little mindful of the portions, you can have it all for under 500 calories.

I mean come on people if you can't go out from time and time and enjoy some buffalo wings and beer, what the hell is the point of living? Are we just going to burry ourselves in our homes and eat baked chicken and veggies for the rest of our lives..??????????
    It's very easy to say that you wouldn't want to live if you couldn't have beer, but if your doctor sat you down and said your best chance at living was to change your diet and eliminate certain things, you might very well decide that you do want to live, after all.

You might not!

But you might.

I fail to see how this is relevant in the context of this thread…as OP has identified no medical issue...
    I think it's relevant in that each of us weighs the pros and cons of eating certain things.

The OP made it sound like she couldn't have an 'on plan' night out or a 'maintenance level' night out, that it was either 1200 calories or a total rout. That sounds like all or nothing thinking, which is a hair away from binge thinking. If beer & wings means a binge you might choose to avoid it for health reasons, too.

my comment was directed at the grilled chicken substitute and light yuengling light comment, not specially at the OP ….

Why? Your comment about "this isn't relevant" wasn't talking to the person you quoted (Kalikel)? Shouldn't you have hit "quote" on the post you were replying to, not one six comments later?

• Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    One day won't ruin your life. HAVE FUN and enjoy once in a while :). Doesn't sound like this is even a monthly occurrence so you should be fine.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    jwtg44 wrote: »
    How often do the Royals win anyways? Enjoy it while you can and eat up :smile:

It's a generational playoff appearance. The fountains all look like smurf urine ... people who have no clue where Kaufmann is are suddenly "fans" ...
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Take the skin off the wings, and skip the fries! :p19507081.png
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

It's a generational playoff appearance. The fountains all look like smurf urine ... people who have no clue where Kaufmann is are suddenly "fans" ...

That's pretty much true for any Cinderella team. I'm just rooting for the Royals because I hate the other three teams (especially the other one from Missouri).

But I think it's definitely worth celebrating with some wings and fries.
  • ndj1979
    Options

You might not!

But you might.

Why? Your comment about "this isn't relevant" wasn't talking to the person you quoted (Kalikel)? Shouldn't you have hit "quote" on the post you were replying to, not one six comments later?

Ummmm I did …

the new forums can be confusing...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

You might not!

But you might.

You asked what the point of living was if you couldn't drink beer and eat wings. To a lot of people, there are other reasons to live. They might just give up things like wings and beer for them.

If you were presented with the choice, you might rethink your stance on life not being worth living without beer and wings.

You might not. Not everyone does. But you might.
  • suzi_quzi
    Options

Haha I can only imagine. I live in Austin now and it's nice to root for my "home" team (justified, for once!) ;)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Why not? For some people, a light beer and baked chicken with wing sauce is a good compromise. For others not. It's an individual thing.
    I wouldn't wish light beer on people I hate... except Dick Cheney.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    NDJ, you are wasting your time my brother. Save yourself the headache of going nowhere and go drink a beer. Trust me, the circles you will run get tiresome and pathetic with this argument.

its like slamming my head into a concrete wall...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options

You might not!

But you might.

Well, yes.. If I had an anaphylactic reaction to beer and consuming it ever again would mean the chance of sudden death - sure, I would stop drinking it (hypothetical example, I dont drink it in first place IRL)

But how is this relevant to OP's issue? and the general discussion of how to fit in special occasion meals?

It is reasonable to assume people fitting in such meals are not allergic to them and dont have medical reasons to avoid them.
    If you are looking for a fight, I will suggest that you keep on looking.

Looking for a fight??
    I dont think anyone on here has accused me of that before.

No, was just answering your post - in a rational and polite way, i thought.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Now I want hot wings...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

You might not!

But you might.

You asked what the point of living was if you couldn't drink beer and eat wings. To a lot of people, there are other reasons to live. They might just give up things like wings and beer for them.

If you were presented with the choice, you might rethink your stance on life not being worth living without beer and wings.

OP has indicated nothing other than general weight loss and specifically trying to look.good for her wedding as her reasons. Hardly the extreme example of medical necessity that you're trying to insinuate. I think what ndj and others are trying to say is that its possible to have both... a night out rooting on a favorite team, enjoying wings and beer, AND still achieve your weight loss goals...
  • dbmata
    Options

You might not!

But you might.

Well, yes.. If I had an anaphylactic reaction to beer and consuming it ever again would mean the chance of sudden death - sure, I would stop drinking it (hypothetical example, I dont drink it in first place IRL)

But how is this relevant to OP's issue? and the general discussion of how to fit in special occasion meals?

It is reasonable to assume people fitting in such meals are not allergic to them and dont have medical reasons to avoid them.
    If you are looking for a fight, I will suggest that you keep on looking.

Looking for a fight??
    I dont think anyone on here has accused me of that before.

No, was just answering your post - in a rational and polite way, i thought.

BULLY!
    47671419.jpg
  • erinb419
    Options
    Working out is the way to go. I joined a spin class and I go twice a week. Just 45 minutes makes all the difference! Then I feel like I can eat whatever I want. As for the days I don't work out, it's a little harder, but if I know I'm eating at a restaurant that night, I eat light the rest of the day to prepare. Good luck! :D
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

You might not!

But you might.

OP has indicated nothing other than general weight loss and specifically trying to look.good for her wedding as her reasons. Hardly the extreme example of medical necessity that you're trying to insinuate. I think what ndj and others are trying to say is that its possible to have both... a night out rooting on a favorite team, enjoying wings and beer, AND still achieve your weight loss goals...
    I didn't attempt to insinuate anything. I'm not even sure where you got that.

Like you are replying to me, I was replying to the guy who asked why life would be worth living without beer.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Friday night we went out to Duffys. I was craving red meat. Ordered my usual rodeo burger (a hunk of meat, cheese, BBQ sauce and onion rings on a white bread bun) more onion rings on the side, fries, and over the course of the night thanks to a rockin band at another bar I probably had 10 miller lites. I easily topped 2000 calories. It took 3 days of being back on my normal 1200, and one workout on Sunday, the Firms Cardio Sculpt DVD to really knock the water retention out, and today on my day off from work, after a really good sleep, I'm registering a half pound less than my last weigh in.

So, have fun! Just don't make it a habit. Its making nights like that a habit that causes weight gain. Not one offs.

• dbmata
    Options
    1200 calories and miller lite drinking. So much sadz here.