Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Options
Hi, I lost the gratitude thread that I liked to post on most days. Somehow it helps me to stay on track with this weight loss journey and my life in general to post, each day, what I'm grateful for and what I've accomplished. Especially when things are tough it gives me a lift to acknowledge myself for little achievements and to connect with what I'm thankful for.

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I have friends that I can lean on in difficult times. That don't judge me for my crazy thoughts and weird ideas. lol
    That I have friends and family that love me for who I am.
    <3
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful that my transmission is acting the way it should after being worried about it. I'll have it looked at later in the month when I have a little more money. I'm grateful for chicken soup, a warm home, extra blankets on the beds now that it is getting colder. And, as Tracy says, friends that that sometimes even appreciate the way my weird mind works.

Today I made progress with an art series I'm working on (ideas and directions), started this thread, did some errands, made a to do list for this week and got organized a bit for classes that will start this week and soon. Stayed in calories despite a pumpkin muffin top (I ate one, not the one sticking over my waistband).
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Very simple gratitude for me today...I'm grateful for good music and good musicians that can move my soul (it was a concert weekend :p ).
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I am at a new low on the scale. Grateful that my buddy Frances posted: "It's more productive, I think, to think about changing your lifestyle to be healthier, and let weight loss be a consequence of that. If you're excessively focused on the scale, it's easier to become discouraged." to remind me about why I'm really doing this.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I am at a new low on the scale. Grateful that my buddy Frances posted: "It's more productive, I think, to think about changing your lifestyle to be healthier, and let weight loss be a consequence of that. If you're excessively focused on the scale, it's easier to become discouraged." to remind me about why I'm really doing this.

Yes! Good thought process. I fully believe you have to become healthy and happy from the inside first, and then the outside will reflect it. I try to view the healthy food and hydrating water as going to my organs and doing their thing so that my body can reap the benefits. Can't expect positive outward results if you don't give your body the tools to use to get there.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful to have a week between the teaching terms and time to read and prepare as well as goof off.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today grateful for wonderful food choices, my last vacation day before the term begins again.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    I'm grateful that my first night of the class I'm teaching went well and all of the present students are familiar with the topic. Grateful to be going to the Botanic Gardens tomorrow and also that my journaling group meets tomorrow.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for little temptations today and for being stronger than my excuses.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am grateful today that the results from the stress test were good. I am grateful that the weather was nice enough to take a ride on my trike.
  • hannah6109
    Options
    I am grateful for the support I get from my family. I also appreciate
    the success I got throughout the process of losing weight.
    Even though sometimes I feel it is not good enough...every pound is
    an accomplishment in itself. Instead of looking at the next 2 pounds
    or three I want to appreciate and cherish what I am at the moment (right now).
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everytime I hit a wall in life I turn to God sincerely and cry if I need to. Then I find that wall has crumbled and again I thank god...whether times are good or bad.
    Don't need friends to lean on as their advice is never good. I look at how prophets have dealt with matters and I'm a much stronger person for that :)
    Good look to everyone on their journey
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I found a vegan feta cheese recipe that is really delicious! Cheese is one thing I've missed since giving up dairy.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my friends who are also students in my botanical drawing class. It was such a beautiful day today at the Botanic Gardens and it was very relaxing. Good journaling group this morning. Bottom line: I am grateful for my supportive friends. Also, that I had the energy to teach last night and also facilitate a morning and afternoon class today.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for my family, my dogs, ...and my treadmill..
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I need this because today I am not grateful for nothing!
    No really I had a bad day, family has been difficult, hey glad they don't live with me!
    grateful I got my car door fixed, couldn't open it last week.
    grateful I am not sick, hubby had stomach stuff last week
    grateful to have my weight down and can wear my clothes
    grateful I only ate half my sub today at the restaurant.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I acquired a new Avon customer today!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the long talk I had with my bff today.
    I am also grateful for more new clients.
    I am grateful for my health.

• KNAMsMum
    Options
    Thank you for all your gratitudes. I am grateful to have a place online to write my gratitudes. I say them at night be fore I fall to sleep but there is something powerful about writing them out for others to read.
    I am grateful for Saturdays.
    I am grateful for having my dear cousin and her husband visiting with us this weekend.
    I am grateful for my vacuum cleaner. Our living room carpet looks great and that makes me feel more peaceful.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Grateful I lost a lb this week. Grateful DH is so supportive. Grateful that I feel pretty good and it's a beautiful day.