Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Only lost 1lb in nine days

13»

Replies

• SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    rainbowblu wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I think you might be overestimating your calories burned during your workouts-->600 calories burned on the elliptical in 30 minutes is pretty high...

I actually train on the arc trainer and it gives me a calorie estimate as well which is pretty similar. I go hard on that thing lol. All jokes aside, while it's true that it may be an over estimate, I never go over my calories anyway to dip into the exercise cals...at least not how i've been logging. I made a bunch of adjustments to my logs, and I still wasn't over in calories. ::shrugs::

Have you had any blood work done lately? I used to be in the same situation. I weighed and measured EVERYTHING! I used my own recipes and all. I did not check your diary, but there are some of us who cant eat what we want and lose weight, some of us are insulin resistant,pre-diabetic,PCOS,or have hormonal problems. Before I was aware of my health issues I told everyone that I WAS doing everything correct, but they assumed that I was incorrect.

Now, I lose weight easily when I take my medication, cut the carbs,eat real food and SLOWLY(very slow) when I don't. So,if you haven't I would suggest talking to your Dr. about this.
    You know maybe instead of writting out a post full of possibilities of disease and excuses you should have taken the time to actually look at the diary. I wish people would stop hoping on the I've got this or that disease bandwagon and realize how terrible their logging is.

Feel free to call me rude if you'd like. I'd rather be rude than give thoughtless advice.

My advice was not thoughtless. I have been in the same position so my information may be helpful to the OP or someone else in the same situation.

You seem to go into EVERY thread being rude to everyone, sorry sweets but I have a life so I'm not going to have an internet argument with you.

Someone is low in sugar today :) I think the advice is great! you do need to discard any medical conditions and she is learning to log her food so BACK OFF and be nice! geeez
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Some people are more crass than than others. No need for anyone to take offense :) I really do appreciate all of the great advice from everyone! Thank you for the lovely compliment, SweetMay! I really enjoyed the youtube vid that was posted in the thread about food measurements, it was definitely an eye opener! I am going to try to down my calories a little more and revamp what I'm eating. I'll probably have to wait until the weekend to get to the grocery store to buy some better, lower sodium options.

I am sad to report that when I got on the scale this morning I have gained 1.6lbs since starting 10 days ago :( Hopefully I can find a nitch so this weight loss can start taking off!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Just because you have decided to go on a diet, that does not entitle you to weight loss.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I think you might be overestimating your calories burned during your workouts-->600 calories burned on the elliptical in 30 minutes is pretty high...

I actually train on the arc trainer and it gives me a calorie estimate as well which is pretty similar. I go hard on that thing lol. All jokes aside, while it's true that it may be an over estimate, I never go over my calories anyway to dip into the exercise cals...at least not how i've been logging. I made a bunch of adjustments to my logs, and I still wasn't over in calories. ::shrugs::

I love the arc trainer!!! I've always wondered how accurate the calorie burn is, because it's a major work out if you push it! That thing is no joke!
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    I'm 2 pounds heavier since I weighed myself last week. I wonder if I gained muscle or it's just some temporary water weight.
  • AmberMagdalena
    edited October 2014
    deleted
  • AmberMagdalena

I love the arc trainer!!! I've always wondered how accurate the calorie burn is, because it's a major work out if you push it! That thing is no joke!

I love it too! It's a beast! LOL
  • sridharj23
    sridharj23 Posts: 11
    edited October 2014
    I have been losing an average of 2 lbs per month over the last 3 months. I am not too over weight for my height and so I am fine with this rate. I have seen that all of that loss is not a gradual week by week difference. The scale remains more or less constant for 2-3 weeks and then bingo! there is considerable difference on one of the weeks. And it repeats again.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2014

Have you had any blood work done lately? I used to be in the same situation. I weighed and measured EVERYTHING! I used my own recipes and all. I did not check your diary, but there are some of us who cant eat what we want and lose weight, some of us are insulin resistant,pre-diabetic,PCOS,or have hormonal problems. Before I was aware of my health issues I told everyone that I WAS doing everything correct, but they assumed that I was incorrect.

Now, I lose weight easily when I take my medication, cut the carbs,eat real food and SLOWLY(very slow) when I don't. So,if you haven't I would suggest talking to your Dr. about this.

I've been diagnosed with PCOS since 2009. It was great the whole time I was breastfeeding but now it's back and worse than ever.

Since you've had PCOS for this long, I highly recommend you speak to your doctor to get a referral to a registered dietitian that has a lot of experience with PCOS and weight loss. Also, make sure your medication dosages are appropriate since you say it's worse than ever. I don't know if that is based off actual blood work and what the doctor said or if it is based off of symptoms you are experiencing.

Talk to your doctor about this.

ETA: If you don't already know, ask your doctor (endocrinologist, I hope) how insulin resistant you are or if you are also pre-diabetic.
    And, I wish you much success.

• Rmntrose
    Rmntrose Posts: 23 Member
    I'm stuck at the moment also. I looked back on my logging and realized I have not been finishing out the day nearly as much as I thought I was. And chocolate is haunting me lately. Its calling my name lol. Good luck with the changes you have made. And there might be a point to revisiting the doctor if these changes don't work. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    I would work on correcting the easy problems first: the logging, and consistency down before heading to the doctor.

It's been 9 days well 10 now, definitely not enough time to say something isn't working. It's taken me 22 months, with many weight fluctuations and lots of learning.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    I know you've received TONS of advice here-- and it's really great.

I just want to add that adding a rest day in your cardio will help you. If you started 10 days ago and you haven't taken a day off, then your body is probably retaining a lot of water because of the new exercise. I normally don't see my REAL weight loss until my rest days.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    It's only been 9 days. Making sure that you're logging accurately, etc. isn't a bad idea, but it's too soon to tell whether or not your routine is working. The body has a tendency to do weird things for a couple of weeks when it's adjusting to a new diet and exercise routine and sometimes it takes a little while to see the results on the scale.

This! I think it took me 4-6 weeks before weight came off. Then after 15 pounds I stopped losing and it took another few months of going up and down before it started consistently going down again. Hang in there!

• AmberMagdalena
    Finally lost 5lbs! At least now it's finally coming off!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Good morning MFPs! I've been dieting for as long as I can remember, trying to find lifestyle changes that'll stick forever. Since I had my son a year ago, I haven't beening modifying my lifestyle as much. I took advantage of burning a lot of calories breastfeeding and I hadn't had the energy to exercise. Well, now I'm back to it, following a low glycemic index diet as well as daily gym time. I've only lost ONE pound! ONE! I weigh over 300lbs here, people! I should've dropped more than one pound in 9 days! Help!
    Sometimes it just takes time for weight to drop in a lasting, healthy way.
    1 pound per 9 days = 40 pounds per year...80 pounds in 2 years.
    You're heading in the right direction, and if you make slight modifications, you can tighten those numbers to 1 pound per week. Part of our new lifestyle is adjusting our expectations. It took me 2 years to lose my weight, so you can do this.
    Good Luck!
    <3