Replies

• aterner
    aterner Posts: 2
    Options
    Is there a group for 60 year olds?
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do C25K at the end of the year. I'm in FL & it's just too hot to run... and I don't like running on a treadmill. When I was in college, I ran 2-3 miles every night & that was nearly my entire fitness routine. I would love to be able to run comfortably again.

I'm doing the Wii EA Sports Challenge right now & love it. It's 30 days, but I'm going to do the 45 day one next. I also have a home gym... which is nice... my favorite piece of equipment is the rower. I used to love my elliptical, but I had pneumonia a month ago and tried to use it when I was recovering... it didn't go well at all. It's almost like I'm scared to use it again. Granted it's only been a month since I had pneumonia, but my lungs still can't handle it when my heart rate gets high. So, I've just been doing light cardio and my heart rate usually doesn't go over 130 ish.

Other than that... tomorrow I'm going to start the sit-up, squat & push-up challenge.
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    ♥♥♥♥ Woman Fit for Forties ♥♥♥♥

CHALLENGE!!! Come on ladies! ~Starting June 7th~

200 Sit-up Challenge

http://www.twohundredsitups.com

==========

200 Squat Challenge

http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

==========

100 Push-up Challenge

http://hundredpushups.com/

==========

Pick one or pick them all... JUST JOIN ME!! I'm doing all 3 in an effort to kick-up my routines. I love sit-ups & squats, but the push-ups will be a challenge for me. I will be doing "girlie" push-ups! Don't forget to update your progress. Good luck!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Selbyhutch, I am in. I'll let you know what I am doing tomorrow.

blue, I think joining the community gym and getting into the water is a wonderful idea. I know you can come close if not right on that 100 pound mark by your birthday. Good lUck with that.

aterner, I have not seen a 60 group, but I have seen a 50+ group. Either way welcome to mfp.

By the way blue, I so love your little quotes at the bottom of your ticker. My absolute fave is "maybe the hokie pokie is what's all about":laugh: :laugh: I am so glad that you are here .
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Thanks, Momma! :heart: I'm glad I'm here, too.

Oooh Selby, you throw out a pretty hefty challenge there, kiddo. :tongue: I think I will try it, though! Modifying everything, unfortunately, because of my bad knee; but hey, you only live once, right? :wink: Just if I don't come back on here by Tuesday someone call 911 for me! :laugh:
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    Thanks ladies! My hubby is sssooooo sweet... on each of the websites, there is a link "complete program"... it prints out the challenge on a full page & then you fold them to make a little book... he did that for me. :heart:
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Wow selbyhutch...what a challenge...between Zumba and Leslie Sansone Super Walk, thinking how can I work that into my exercise schedule by June 18th when Chalene Turbo Fire is release...

B
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Second day back and I am below my calories! YIPPEEE!! Didn't do so well on my water or the excercise. I'll try and start on the challanges tomorrow. So glad to be back:drinker: :love:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    wow Beleau, zumba and Leslie Sansone. Good job on the exercise. Is Zumba a workout dvd or do you go to the class at a gym?

Lisa, good job getting back on track.
  • Solandra
    Solandra Posts: 84
    Options
    Oooh, challenges!

I've printed the booklets, I'll probably start with the pushups and squats, I'm working on reading through the material now.

I mowed the front yard on Saturday morning, really thinking about getting out to do the back yard tonight after dinner, since it's light out so late, and it's a good social thing to do with the dogs (they think I'm patrolling, so they come out patrolling with me).

On track today for my water.

Maite Zaitut!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals..

Great to see everyone this morning. I had a busy weekend I managed to get the upstairs cleaned pretty well and the stairs shampooed (took me about 2 hours on the stairs). Now today my goal is to get the basement done. We really don't use the finished basement much other than that is where my workout room and office are so, it should not be too bad. Then I am hopefully going to get some more paint touching up done.

Did week 6 day 1 of C25k (on the elliptical) this morning and I am feeling pretty good about it!

I will start the sit ups challenge (but, I am going to do it on an exercise ball because of issues in my sacral from a car accident years ago) Strengthening my core will be a good thing!

Well, I should get off of the computer and get my butt in gear!
    I will check back in later!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies or I should say good almost early afternoon. Just got done with Kinder Camp for my son. It was boring for me but I think he had a good time.'

Okay, I am in on the squat challenge and I will add the other challenges in as I go. I am also going to start couch 2 5k today. I will be mowing my front lawn! Solandra, you made me laugh I had a vision of a group of dogs pacing back in forth behind the lawn mower.:laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Okay, I am really struggling to get my self into gear for exercise today. I think I may set some goals so that I feel like I have to do it, because I told you all about it.

Goals for June 7th

1. couch 2 5k week 1 day 1
    2. Begin squats challenge
    3. Drink 80 ounces of water ( I have 32 ounces down, 48 to go)
    4. Stay within calories.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have 2 short walks in on my breaks @ work today so far.

When I get home I'm going to start C25K Day 1 and hopefully get a bike ride in as well as long as the rain holds off.
    If not, I'm going to do some house cleaning! :smile:

Here's to a happy Monday, everyone! :drinker:

Kelly
  • llowry
    Options
    I am under on my calories today, but not so good on my water! And the excercise I haven't even began yet!! I get up at 4:15 am, out the door by 6:00 and back home in between 5:00 and 6:00 pm. I know I'm not the only one with long hours but, I have NO energy!!:grumble: Any ideas?
  • llowry
    Options
    OK, I did do 50 situps!!:drinker: That is a start!
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    OK, I did do 50 situps!!:drinker: That is a start!

Yay - great job!! Here are my results:

W1D1
    200 Situp Challenge - 71
    200 Squat Challenge - 63
    100 Pushup Challenge - 26

EDIT: my situp # was wrong
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am under on my calories today, but not so good on my water! And the excercise I haven't even began yet!! I get up at 4:15 am, out the door by 6:00 and back home in between 5:00 and 6:00 pm. I know I'm not the only one with long hours but, I have NO energy!!:grumble: Any ideas?

Do you get breaks @ work? I take a walk during both my breaks, and occasionally on my lunch as well. Since I try to bring my lunch everyday and can eat at my desk, I can sometimes walk the entire 1/2 lunch break. I also saw someone else that posted when they go to the bathroom they try to do wall pushups & some stretches, etc. Also taking as many walks around your workplace as you can, like getting up to go get water, then go to the bathroom a bit later, then go get a copy off the machine, etc things like that. Hope that gives you some ideas. Oh another thing...I park as far away from the door as possible so I get just that little bit extra walking in!

Well I started Day 1 C25K again...this time I made it 18 minutes!:sad: Last time I only made it 10! Gonna give it a shot again tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish it this time!

Good night everyone! Kelly
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I'm exhausted! Three hours up and three hours back to visit the Amish in Illinois. I had a great time. Had no idea the Amish were good bakers, and fell prey to some pretty delicious little desserts. :embarassed: Will talk more tomorrow - I am beat! :yawn:
  • llowry
    Options

Do you get breaks @ work? I take a walk during both my breaks, and occasionally on my lunch as well. Since I try to bring my lunch everyday and can eat at my desk, I can sometimes walk the entire 1/2 lunch break. I also saw someone else that posted when they go to the bathroom they try to do wall pushups & some stretches, etc. Also taking as many walks around your workplace as you can, like getting up to go get water, then go to the bathroom a bit later, then go get a copy off the machine, etc things like that. Hope that gives you some ideas. Oh another thing...I park as far away from the door as possible so I get just that little bit extra walking in!

Well I started Day 1 C25K again...this time I made it 18 minutes!:sad: Last time I only made it 10! Gonna give it a shot again tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish it this time!

Good night everyone! Kelly

Thanks, good ideas! I'll try to throw in some stairs too. Have a good day!