What do you do with your hair?

Options
Are there any others with long hair? What do you do with your hair when you work out? I usually pony tail and then braid it, but it likes to attack my arm when I run. I do a super high pony tail bun with claw clips for my morning videos, but I think it would fall on a long run. I hate the braid bouncing and slapping me when I rebound and do yoga. Any ideas? There is a pic of my hair down in my profile.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Top knot
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    huge knot on top of my head!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Bun
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I usually do a bun, but my hair is not half as long as yours is....
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    High ponytail or top knot
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have really long hair, and I've tried so many things. If I do anything on top of my head, I get hit in the face/eye. I do a braid that starts at the nape of my neck. Because it's so low, it doesn't bounce around very much and it can't smack me anywhere. Sometimes I braid it and then wrap it into a very low bun. Because it rests on the back of your shoulders, it doesn't bounce around, which is what I've found to be really annoying with working out in a bun.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If your braid is bouncing try wearing it a little lower, If im lifting I do a ballerina bun (so my head can lie flat on the bench) but if im running I need to wear a braid at the back of my head, if its too high it will bounce around and if its too low it feels gross on my neck
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Low ponytail but with those cloth scrunchies so my hair doesn't get damaged.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    High ponytail.
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that is some nice long hair!!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My workout is usually dancing, so I do a bun or a French twist... lol. But when I run, I either do a messy bun or twin braids. I hate having my hair on my neck when I'm working out!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    High bun.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Braid it up high like that, then twist it into a bun and stick a bunch of bobby pins or clips or something in it. Being braided, it's less likely to fall out.

My hair is shorter than yours, but I just put it in a high pony tail most days. Today I ran 5K and actually didn't do anything with it at all. It was loose the whole way. If it had been hot, I would have put it up, but it was just cool in the early morning, so I left it down. It never bothered me. But if the wind had been strong, I would have wanted it up to keep it out of my face.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I usually put it in a high and tight ponytail.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i just let it flow into my face. im really considering shaving it all off though
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    High bun, definitely
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    The bun is just so heavy that after a mile or so, it starts pulling the whole pony down and start bouncing until it has unwound itself. What's the best way to secure it so it doesn't do this? I have bunheads pins, spin pins, claw clips, they all come down at some point. My pony tail braid is down to my hip, so it likes to wrap itself on my arm as I run and then I pull it accidentally. Many have said high ponytail, but that equals 3 feet of hair bouncing and swishing around--not safe and a mess when finished. My hair is too thick and long for a French twist. Scrunchies? Scrunchies do not hold my hair for longer than a minute.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I just do the ponytail thing. I haven't found a better solution for me.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a top knot? Is it different than a bun? How do you secure it?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    The bun is just so heavy that after a mile or so, it starts pulling the whole pony down and start bouncing until it has unwound itself. What's the best way to secure it so it doesn't do this? I have bunheads pins, spin pins, claw clips, they all come down at some point. My pony tail braid is down to my hip, so it likes to wrap itself on my arm as I run and then I pull it accidentally. Many have said high ponytail, but that equals 3 feet of hair bouncing and swishing around--not safe and a mess when finished. My hair is too thick and long for a French twist. Scrunchies? Scrunchies do not hold my hair for longer than a minute.

I just use an elastic band and twist it several times, like you would a pony tail, but only get the hair half way through, then half way through again, until it forms a bun. I don't know if this makes sense.