Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you do with your hair?

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    A super high bun, i can not stand my hair attacking my arms too lol if im outside i do that hat/cap thing with a low hair bun, I also find a need a descent hair ties also so my buns does not come flopping out when im jumping around like a mad cardio women haha
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Next time you go to the hair salon for a trim, ask them to work with you to find a way to best keep your hair out of your way when you work out. They might know of some things we haven't thought of. Your hair is gorgeous.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    I just put mine in a ponytail but mine curls up even more when I'm sweaty so I never have a problem with it getting in the way :) My bangs, on the other hand, go into a pompadour if I'm going to the gym because they'll start sticking to my face and getting in my eyes.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    pony tail, braided then in an a wrap, like a "buff" to absorb sweat and keep fly aways and stuff from bouncing out. Buff wear has a bunch of styles.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    The bun is just so heavy that after a mile or so, it starts pulling the whole pony down and start bouncing until it has unwound itself. What's the best way to secure it so it doesn't do this? I have bunheads pins, spin pins, claw clips, they all come down at some point. My pony tail braid is down to my hip, so it likes to wrap itself on my arm as I run and then I pull it accidentally. Many have said high ponytail, but that equals 3 feet of hair bouncing and swishing around--not safe and a mess when finished. My hair is too thick and long for a French twist. Scrunchies? Scrunchies do not hold my hair for longer than a minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhfqcU2W8q4 This girl does something similar to what I do. I hope this was at least a little bit helpful? Also maybe try those big U-shaped bobby pins to hold the hair and then the normal-sized ones to secure it
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    The buns always seem to come loose when I run so I stick to ponytails. Sometimes, mainly for races, I'll do two french braids and they tend to stay better. You can also tuck the ends around your head and bobby pin them in :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Have you tried a french braid? That is my go to when I have the patience. It distributes weight across the whole scalp, rather than in one clump of ponytail. It also lays flat against the scalp for minimum movement. Although, your hair is long enough that it still might swish against your back.

Now that I'm thinking about it, a braid that goes all the way down to the hip would probably feel like a whip when it smacks you. Ouch!

I agree that you should look into head wraps. My hair doesn't like to stay in pony tails when it is well conditioned, so an extra headband helps me out. Since your hair is long, perhaps you might want to find a way to secure a bun by wrapping some fabric around it and securing it that way.

It is really inconvenient to have hair as long as yours. I hope that you are able to find a good solution.
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Low bun
    Works for me
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Thanks for all the ideas! Things I'm gonna try:
    1. high braided bun, secured with hair stick or pins
    2. French braid with the tail folded up and clipped to the head braid--I need a big clip
    3.do my usual high bun, but use a pin on the inside, claws on the outside, and spray with water to make it tight

I like the idea of a buff or headwrap, but they are kinda expensive.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    my hair is only down to a little longer than armpit length... but i do a low relaxed bun, just like into a pony tail but when pulling it through the last time, only pull it half way so the hair is folded in the scrunchie. for some reason my hair/head really hurts when i put my hair in a tight bun or pony tail.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    i always put my hair in a pony tail and then I put on a baseball cap. The pony stays in place but I really only wear it because sweat drips into my eyes without it and it burns.... I have quite a few hats which I just launder with everything else.
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    My hair is about half way down my back, so not as long as yours. I often French braid my hair, either a regular, a sideways or a zig zag french braid.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    The bun is just so heavy that after a mile or so, it starts pulling the whole pony down and start bouncing until it has unwound itself. What's the best way to secure it so it doesn't do this? I have bunheads pins, spin pins, claw clips, they all come down at some point. My pony tail braid is down to my hip, so it likes to wrap itself on my arm as I run and then I pull it accidentally. Many have said high ponytail, but that equals 3 feet of hair bouncing and swishing around--not safe and a mess when finished. My hair is too thick and long for a French twist. Scrunchies? Scrunchies do not hold my hair for longer than a minute.

Truthfully, if it's that long, your best bet is a low bun. Won't bounce around, but also won't hit you in the face. Braid, then wrap into a bun.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    They sell these super light bun donuts at Sally. Buy the smallest one. You put your hair in a tight high pony and pull through the donut then basically roll it down your pony tail creating a very secure bun made even more secure with a few bobby pins if you don't trust it. Just need to made sure to tighten it once done by pulling the center of the bun in the same way/place you would tighten a pony tail. Anyways, look it up.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Simply loop the braid back up and stick another tie into it. :bigsmile:
  • DancingMoosie
    They sell these super light bun donuts at Sally. Buy the smallest one. You put your hair in a tight high pony and pull through the donut then basically roll it down your pony tail creating a very secure bun made even more secure with a few bobby pins if you don't trust it. Just need to made sure to tighten it once done by pulling the center of the bun in the same way/place you would tighten a pony tail. Anyways, look it up.
    Have you ever tried to roll over 3 ft of hair around a small bun donut? Its not fun.
  • DancingMoosie
    Simply loop the braid back up and stick another tie into it. :bigsmile:

this makes a horrible torture device that slams into my head with every step :(
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Low ponytail.
  • mworthen
    mworthen Posts: 11
    High pony, French braid, or my fav a messy top bun!! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i dont have long hair now, but i have had WL hair and since i'm growing it back, i pretty much use the same techniques for my APL hair .

2 side braids are pretty much good for anything, even swimming. my hair is super curly so it tangles very easily so the side braids help keep that at bay and also make handy sectioned off hair for when i wash since i have to wash my hair in sections