Dr Oz is a putz.

Options
Had the TV on in the background and he continued the myth about eating before bed. "Those who eat their calories at night put on weight". He failed to mention if you are within your calorie range or not. Of course, if you ate your allotment of calories by 6pm and at 8 pm you eat 500 more calories, you will gain. But it makes no difference when you eat your calories as long as you are within your range. I eat a good amount of calories at night and Im down 75 lbs. *shaking my head*

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes he is.
  • meglo91
    meglo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    He is a putz for many, many, many reasons, like promoting herbal supplements that absolutely will not help one to lose weight.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, putz. And yes, he is.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Dr. Oz. I saw one episode years ago where he recommended a specific diet that could improve Parkinson's disease instead of medications. It's a degenerative disease, you can't fix it, you can only treat the symptoms.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    a1581f9c17c2e3ffdcb71e3b7ece42f397bd263aa6c94c816c72beb634c0c480.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I try not to go to the gym while his show is on (the televisions are only set to two stations) because I don't want to be liable for anything that may be thrown that way.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    While I am not a fan of Dr. Oz at all, there was a time when I was flipping channels and happened to come across his show and I just had to watch it.

I'm sure it's a normal reacation when you flip across a channel and hear the words "toilet yoga".... Yes, he said toilet yoga and was actually doing some of it on tv.... so yeah, I had to watch that.

Still agree he's a putz and should be forced to air nothing but toilet yoga (no discussing "health benifits"!) until he is booed off the stage.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Would really like to tell him where to put his green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketone and garcinia cambogia :s
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Yes. Yes he is.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I liked when he got yelled at by Congress.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Dude, needs to stick to surgery and give up his day job as a snake oil salesman.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

it's just too bad it was about as effective as raspberry ketones
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

it's just too bad it was about as effective as raspberry ketones

True, but hopefully he gets yelled at again, and all of us on MFP can have a field day with it again.
  • Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I can't watch more than 5 minutes of his show. I have a couple friends who (at least used to) love his show. Anytime they start a sentence with "Dr. Oz said..." I ask them what their doctor said. Does he or any of his team put any research into the products they're peddling or methods they're promoting. It doesn't seem like it.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is the best post I've read all day.

Thank you, OP.

\m/
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yes, and he knows he is lying.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    Dude, needs to stick to surgery and give up his day job as a snake oil salesman.

Snake Oil pays better :mrgreen: