Light Laughing Cow Cheese Love!

Options

Replies

• suzybee30
    suzybee30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For those of you that want to recipe for Om Nom Chicken, I make the Hungry Girl version which she calls Chick Cordon Bleu. http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1230-true-bleu
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love it too and have some $1 off coupons. However, I only have one grocery store in my small town and they now have all the Laughing Cow products on a rack in the aisle by the deli, and it's NOT refrigerated! I've been hesitant to buy it. How bout everyone else? Do you find it refrigerated or not?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    I eat 'em all by themselves, right out of the foil... the cat gets the very tip. I also like to use them to make breakfast sandwiches... mine start with a whole-wheat English muffin, cheese wedge, fried egg, maybe some crispy turkey bacon if I have it on hand. Delish and much better for you than the kind they serve at Mickey D's.

It never occurred to me to spread this on my egg sammich. I <3 you right now.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    iggyboo93 wrote: »
    Evil has a new face and it is Pepper Jack Laughing Cow. I can't keep that in the house or I eat the whole container in one evening.

I know the feeling :confounded:

• zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    toasted english muffin with LLCC and any jam - delicious!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use as a dip for my pretzels for a mid-morning snack.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I call it the Happy Heifer cheese. My favorite is the Queso Fresco (sp?) stuffed in a celery stalk. Sounds a bit meh, but it is so yum!

My favorite flavor too! I just ate 2 wedges for the hell of it. It's delicious on anything though!

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I call it the Happy Heifer cheese. My favorite is the Queso Fresco (sp?) stuffed in a celery stalk. Sounds a bit meh, but it is so yum!

My favorite flavor too! I just ate 2 wedges for the hell of it. It's delicious on anything though!

:smiley:

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I put this stuff on everything! I also use it as a "dessert" to my lunches. Not sweet, but I just love savoring it by itself at the end of a meal. The swiss flavor is my fave.

Just a few things I do-- spread it on plain toast, use it as mayo on a sandwich, use it on vegetarian beef tacos with a little bit of lite spicy ranch, mix it in with my scrambled spinach and eggs for breakfast, melt slightly and eat with refried beans. Now I will have some tonight.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff already, but have to make the Om-Nom Chicken Cor Don Nom this weekend.
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    With marmite on hot toast
    Chopped up on hot steamed cauliflower
    On Ryvita
    Mixed in scrambled egg
    Mixed with breadcrumbs and spread on flat mushrooms, then under the grill
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I like using it to make creamed spinach.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They have chipotle ones!!!!! I saw it at the store, and it was on. DH and I have eaten all but 2 already. If he eats the last two before I can get more I will hurt him. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So many variations!! I use it in place of butter for jacket potatoes or melt a couple with some boiled water to make a cheese sauce for meals like zucchini pasta and add some chicken, tomatoes and spices! tastes exactly like high fat cheese sauces :O
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OK, this thread has made me really bitter and jealous because I can only get the original ones, NONE of the flavours!!!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love these little wedges! I add one to sauteed zucchini noodles as a creamy side. Also to egg whites and microwaved. I will add to cooked brocolli slaw and tomatoe soup. I add it to low carb bread for a grilled cheese. On a Wasa cracker. I love, love, love the new Spicy Jack flavor!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Valereee wrote: »
    I love it too and have some $1 off coupons. However, I only have one grocery store in my small town and they now have all the Laughing Cow products on a rack in the aisle by the deli, and it's NOT refrigerated! I've been hesitant to buy it. How bout everyone else? Do you find it refrigerated or not?

I've seen it in non-refrigerated displays too... I've bought it and it's been fine. Maybe it's full of chemicals that keep it fresh? I know that's a gross thought but seriously, in my mind cheese needs to be refrigerated. I keep my LC cheese in the fridge starting the second I get it home, but I've never had any problems buying it at room temperature from the store.
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yum - so many great ideas!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    Valereee wrote: »

I've seen it in non-refrigerated displays too... I've bought it and it's been fine. Maybe it's full of chemicals that keep it fresh? I know that's a gross thought but seriously, in my mind cheese needs to be refrigerated. I keep my LC cheese in the fridge starting the second I get it home, but I've never had any problems buying it at room temperature from the store.

I also have bought them both ways. Refrigerated and room temp. They tasted the same both ways.
  • amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    suzybee30 wrote: »
    For those of you that want to recipe for Om Nom Chicken, I make the Hungry Girl version which she calls Chick Cordon Bleu. http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1230-true-bleu

I made this tonight and it was amazing!!! Thank you for that!