Light Laughing Cow Cheese Love!

Options

Replies

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I use the French onion as a base for a white pizza on Josephs flax wrap. Add a little garlic, shredded pizza cheese, and baked chicken. Low cal and YUM.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Omg what is this cheese that I've been missing? Do I need to buy some tomorrow? Is it a cream cheese or just a super soft cheese?
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    It's a soft spreadable cheese that comes in several different flavors, packaged as single-serving triangles in a circular "wheel" box... give it a try; join the fan club!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like there are many flavors I'm missing out on! We've got regular, swiss and cheddar. But I love them, especially on sandwiches/wraps of any kind. Sometimes I put a couple in my spaghetti sauce to make a creamy/rosée kind of tomato sauce.

Definitely going to try that chicken recipe...sounds delish!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kpedersen3 wrote: »
    I use the French onion as a base for a white pizza on Josephs flax wrap. Add a little garlic, shredded pizza cheese, and baked chicken. Low cal and YUM.

YUM!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I found brie-flavored once at Trader Joe's... if it wasn't LC brand, it was packaged exactly that way and fooled me.
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I make sweet potato soup. I use one sweet potato two zuchinnis onion and bowl all in a pot with vegetable bouillon. Once cooked puree and add laughing cow cheese 4 wedges. Voila a delicious creamy soup......
  • b4tb4t
    b4tb4t Posts: 30
    Options
    Oh gosh, love all the ideas here. I just use them for my wraps.. But using them for cooking and stuff. Why didn't I think of that! :open_mouth:
  • kctus3
    kctus3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use them on grilled portabello mushrooms. Grill stem side down, after lightly coating with olive oil or lite balsamic. Then flip it over and put one wedge (sliced) on the hollow side. Finish grilling and enjoy!!! So yummy!!!!!
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me that loved this stuff!
    I was feeling so guilty that it's full of chemicals and isn't cheese at all but it's so low cal and yummy that it's impossible to justify full fat cheese over laughing cow!
    I use it in pitta breads instead of mayo / butter or any high fat condiment - I use it on Muffins with fried egg ( soooooo delicious! ) on rivitas multigrain are the best!
    And I have to try the chicken!
    I'm in the fan club haha x
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just used the chipotle and fresco one this morning. I made an over easy egg, one slice of turkey bacon and the wedge of cheese on a homemade biscuit. I havent tried it in cooking yet , but you all have gave me some great ideals.
  • Flab2Fab32
    Flab2Fab32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use 2 of the Light Swiss and mix them with the Starkist Smoked Tuna in the package. Add some celery and green onions and you have low calorie tuna fish!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas to try! All I've ever done was spread it on crackers for an afternoon snack.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Stick a wedge of the garlic and herb in a wonton wrapper with some chicken, buffalo sauce, and celery for a buffalo chicken cup.
  • SlimmerShelly
    Options
    iggyboo93 wrote: »
    Evil has a new face and it is Pepper Jack Laughing Cow. I can't keep that in the house or I eat the whole container in one evening.

I'm trying to find that one, I want to try it. I love Pepper Jack.

• SlimmerShelly
    Options
    I mix together 3 hard boiled eggs (but only use ONE yolk), 1/2 tbs light mayo and a laughing cow cheese wedge (whatever flavor you like) and make egg salad. It's delish! I also like the cinnamon cream cheese one they have, spread it on reduced fat wheat thins and add a nestle chocolate chunk. Mmmmm helps that chocolate craving.
  • SlimmerShelly
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    I eat 'em all by themselves, right out of the foil... the cat gets the very tip. I also like to use them to make breakfast sandwiches... mine start with a whole-wheat English muffin, cheese wedge, fried egg, maybe some crispy turkey bacon if I have it on hand. Delish and much better for you than the kind they serve at Mickey D's.

LOL my daughter was freaking when she saw I was just going to eat it "as is", not with anything.

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Must follow this. I love this stuff and just bought the giant pack from Costco.
  • smb1186
    smb1186 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Went on their website and they have a whole page of snack ideas!
    http://thelaughingcow.com/snack-ideas/
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    iggyboo93 wrote: »
    Evil has a new face and it is Pepper Jack Laughing Cow. I can't keep that in the house or I eat the whole container in one evening.

I know the feeling :confounded:

Oooooh, I just bought some because they were out of my fave. Can't wait to try it.