Would you ever date a co worker.........?

Options

Replies

• SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dated my manager, now we are happily married and recently welcomed a baby boy.
    We are from similar backgrounds so it flowed very easily. We now run a business together and I'm very close to his family.
    He always said to me that I looked too maternal to work in corporate and I said I was made to work in corporate to please my family, so he read me like a book.
    People's intentions are different. We never dated, we got engaged and married straight away and its been a Few years now.
    I don't believe in the whole dating arena because that's flaky and there's no solidity, so check their intention first and I urge you. To look at their family as well as that's says a lot about a person.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have two jobs. One has a no dating policy, guys greatly out number the women. Cute hard working men.
    My other job, no policy but there's only two men with a large age gap that I have no interest what so ever in.
  • ssmkgp
    ssmkgp Posts: 1,425
    Options
    If got chance........YES :p
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I have. On several occasions. But nobody I worked with directly. At my first job I dated not one, but two, art directors of other magazines published by my company. At my next job I dated a freelance designer brought on to work on one of the magazines I worked for. I guess I had a thing for graphic designers...artists with a steady paycheck...perfect. We dated for over a year, after we both left the company, until he moved cross-country to go back to school (we are still friends, and married to other people). At my next job, a colleague had a huge crush on me...we became close friends although I wasn't interested in him the same way he liked me. He actually ended up sharing an apartment with my best friend from college when both were looking for a roommate. But when I met the man who later became my husband, it drove a wedge between us.

I have no problem with coworkers dating, provided one is not a direct report to the other.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I know it's a gamble but people usually meet their lovers through school, work or mutual friends. Even now, in the cyber age.

If the opportunity arose, I wouldn't turn down a social invitation from a person at work with a romantic interest.

But I don't become sexually involved without a marital commitment so I protect myself that way. It's a good insurance policy for a woman to take out for herself. Too bad more don't.

When a woman decides to protect herself that way, she can go out on dates without feeling pressured or anxious. She knows she's controlling the situation and she can just relax and enjoy herself. Chat, laugh, enjoy the stroll, the Starbucks, the meal or the movie. Maybe cuddle and smooch a little before saying goodnight if it seems like the thing to do and both are feeling lovey dovey. It's all good :blush:

Oh lawd. :neutral_face:

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    But I don't become sexually involved without a marital commitment so I protect myself that way. It's a good insurance policy for a woman to take out for herself. Too bad more don't.

When a woman decides to protect herself that way, she can go out on dates without feeling pressured or anxious.
    Or you could just use a jimmy...

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I had a crush on the guy, sure. It's hard enough to meet people nowadays. Otherwise, definitely not.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    No! If it ended badly one of us would have to quit our job!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm married to my boss.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Same department- no. Different department/area- good to go.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Date? no. Bang? yes.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Dating involves emotions which tends to get messy.

• harrybeanbag666
    Options
    Rule number one... Keep your pen out of the company ink!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Tanie98 wrote: »

I have had few co workers ask me out and I always turn them down because I am not comfotable dating someone I work with.I just don't want to mix business with pleasure.Is anyone the same way?
    I am with you totally.
    Mixing business with romance is a prescription for pain of the heart and wallet.
    If others can pull that off, good for them. Count me out!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I'm married to my boss.
    All women are married to their boss....hehe - just kidding... >:)

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I've been with my former co-worker for 9 years.

He's upstairs reading bedtime story to our two daughters. :heart:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

When a woman decides to protect herself that way, she can go out on dates without feeling pressured or anxious.
    Or you could just use a jimmy...

Aaaand I choked on my water. Thanks. :laugh:
  • hebronc28
    hebronc28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did once and it was a huge mistake...never again!!
  • MW2K
    MW2K Posts: 7
    Options
    Date a co-worker? I nearly married one...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I'm married to my boss.
    All women are married to their boss....hehe - just kidding... >:)

Been with him since he was a teenager though so it didn't start out at work :) Oh and I'm the boss ;P
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Date? No. But there was that one night, after the Xmas party, a little too much alcohol ... the rest is history ;)

A guy I worked with "dated" a chick at work. While he was married. And expecting a kid. And had just bought a new house. He dumped his pregnant wife a few days before Xmas. And married the slag from work. Lovely.