Would you ever date a co worker.........?

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I'm married to my boss.

Yeah. So am I, but we never worked together.

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i'm the same way, but i guess it really depends on how closely they work with you. If its a small office where your definetly going to see them everyday, forget it. Who could possibly stand that anyway? lol. if you work on different floors and its not typical that you run into each other, and your work is different enough that you're never going to have to work together on something... then its a little different, but even then it wouldn't be my first choice.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    That's how I met the only man I ever loved, way back in 1985... it didn't last, but it was tons of fun because in-office dating was verboten so we had to sneak around... when I was late for work because I'd stayed over at his place I couldn't tell the truth about why I wasn't on time... he was handsome and exciting and funny and I wouldn't trade the memories of that year for anything! I ended up moving out of state after we split up so we were no longer co-workers; I can see how that could have been a serious problem.

RHB, wherever you are, I still love you..........

better to have loved and lost.

but if you moved out of state just so you would no longer be working together post break up... i'd say this is an example of what not to do
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My wife doesn't let me date. ;)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Same department- no. Different department/area- good to go.

This. Things are very competitive where I work, almost to the point of being cutthroat. :grin:
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    I'm married to my boss.
    All women are married to their boss....hehe - just kidding... >:)

Been with him since he was a teenager though so it didn't start out at work :) Oh and I'm the boss ;P
    Wow, you folks sound like us. We started getting frisky at age 15...lol
    And she's the boss though I pretend to be...
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It's a personal decision, obviously. :) I started dating a co-worker 20 years ago this coming December. We've been married 18 years! We were part-timers that both had different full time jobs, so it's a little different scenario, but dating a co-worker doesn't always automatically spell doom.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    That's how I met the only man I ever loved, way back in 1985... it didn't last, but it was tons of fun because in-office dating was verboten so we had to sneak around... when I was late for work because I'd stayed over at his place I couldn't tell the truth about why I wasn't on time... he was handsome and exciting and funny and I wouldn't trade the memories of that year for anything! I ended up moving out of state after we split up so we were no longer co-workers; I can see how that could have been a serious problem.

RHB, wherever you are, I still love you..........

better to have loved and lost.

but if you moved out of state just so you would no longer be working together post break up... i'd say this is an example of what not to do

Nope; I was planning on leaving the job anyway and the move was back to where I had originally come from to be closer to my family... if we'd stayed together I would have remained in the area and found a new job nearby. I agree, better to have loved and lost... if I had the chance to do it all over again I would. No hard feelings; I was just more serious than he was but he never lied to me so I have no complaints. At least I picked a good guy.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My general rule is a big no. But in this world we live in we spend most of our time at work so there's a pretty good chance you'll meet someone there too.
    I wouldn't suggest dating someone from the immediate team, but if it's not someone you're working with all the time it could work I guess.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I did! Then I married him!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have several times. It only became a problem with one guy. I broke up with him but he wouldn't let go, then I had to get my manager involved because he was making an *kitten* of himself, like stalking me at work! So don't think I would do it again.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I dated a coworker once... please, do not.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I actually met my fiancé in orientation at a new job 7 years ago. Granted we don't work together anymore, and didn't start dating until after we were no longer working together, but that being said, don't write someone off just because they are a co-worker. You never know where you may meet your other half :blush:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I did. We broke up which is fine he worked in a different department we didn't see each other until he became my assistant because my boss hated me.

lol!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    We married 17 years ago
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    If it was ^^^^^^ I would.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I dated my husband when we worked in the same shop in the military. Yes, we lived dangerously. And then we got out of the military because we were tired of all the BS we dealt with from supervisors.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Same department- no. Different department/area- good to go.
    This.
    I've seen it go very wrong and I've seen it go right.

• JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I might, it depends on the situation I suppose. In my current job it wouldn't be a good idea.