Options
13»

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Miss_1999 wrote: »
    Jennloella wrote: »
    we want our kids to be accepting, sure. But we are also their role models....I wouldn't want my kids to think being overweight is ok, because I want them to be healthy. No one should be calling names or making fun of anyone for their looks, whether it is something they can't control like a birth mark or something they CAN control, like their weight, but to sugar coat it and not really talk about it.....I dunno.

I think the most important thing she can teach her child is how not to be rude- and it seems like she nailed it. We don't need to have the debate about who can and who can't control their weight, as we don't know who's struggling with issues like thyroid problems, uncontrolled PCOS, and a host of other conditions. Her mother is showing her that she's making positive changes to lead a healthier lifestyle. There's one thing for sure, you can control being rude- like the child that pointed out the "fat mommies", and teaching your children to respect the dignity of every human being is one of the most important things they will ever learn.
    amen!!!