Help I'm getting married in 9 weeks

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - get a food a scale and meticulously weight/log/measure everything that you eat…

it has only been a week and it typically takes your body about two weeks to adapt to a change..if you are not losing, then you are not accurately measuring food...
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs from your diet

Eat 5 small meals a day, example Egg Salad, Chicken Salad, Steak and veg, then berries as snack

Drink laods of water, drink a pint first thing in the morning. Get a good mutlivit, and start lifting weights.
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    switch your porridge to egg whites.
    switch couscous to low-carb veggies like steamed broccoli or a salad.
    for the next few weeks cut almost all grains, do most lean proteins & veg.
    no sugars except fruit for dessert.
    report back.
    :)
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    How does a dress turns out 1 size too small ?!?

Maybe you did what 90% of women do, ordered it too small saying you would lose the weight, and it didn't happen ?

Looks like you should have thought about it some time ago and not 9 weeks before your wedding.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    shaun603 wrote: »
    Dave198lbs wrote: »
    daynerz wrote: »
    so basically whats happening here is you may be overestimating dear, cut down cals another 10% and since its urgent I encourage you to start practicing Intermittent fasting, and if nothing and in dire need, cut out all carbs and sodium, and find a sauna, you can lose significant amount of water weight in just a few hours...

I hate agree but it is possible to cut a drastic amount of weight in a short period of time. I've been in MMA for quite a few years and a week or so prior to a fight I can drop 10-15 lbs. As stated its water weight mostly. All carbs and foods with sodium are cut out. You can lather your skin in nail polish remover which opens up all your pores and either sit in a sauna or get on a bike or treadmill and start burning calories and sweating. Its extremely unhealthy and you will gain it all back very quickly. I'm sure I'll get shot for this. I would keep going on your current path as you said you have 9 weeks to go. Lose as much as you can with a proper deficit and if it gets drastic then this will work.

unless you somehow start with a body covered in nail polish, please skip the bold part

Actually no.

Oh it's you again.

Stop giving advice. You're not good at it.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Agree you do have time to lose the weight, but in the circumstances have a 'B' plan ie talk to a seamstress and see what's possible. Not my wedding dress but I was due to be a bridesmaid a few years ago and the bride bought my dress without me being there just after I had my son. When I tried it on a few months later it didn't fit, especially round the bust (always large and still breastfeeding so no hope!) I tried so hard to lose weight, and did lose a stone getting me back to pre baby weight but I lost no inches off my boobs and the dress would not fit and they couldn't alter it, and by now too late to change it. Having to tell my friend was awful, she was so cross and never forgave me. With my my boobs are always the last place where the inches come off.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Agree you do have time to lose the weight, but in the circumstances have a 'B' plan ie talk to a seamstress and see what's possible. Not my wedding dress but I was due to be a bridesmaid a few years ago and the bride bought my dress without me being there just after I had my son. When I tried it on a few months later it didn't fit, especially round the bust (always large and still breastfeeding so no hope!) I tried so hard to lose weight, and did lose a stone getting me back to pre baby weight but I lost no inches off my boobs and the dress would not fit and they couldn't alter it, and by now too late to change it. Having to tell my friend was awful, she was so cross and never forgave me. With my my boobs are always the last place where the inches come off.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

your friend sounds like an idiot...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Cut carbs from your diet

Eat 5 small meals a day, example Egg Salad, Chicken Salad, Steak and veg, then berries as snack

Drink laods of water, drink a pint first thing in the morning. Get a good mutlivit, and start lifting weights.

what does carbs have to do with it?

what does eating five meals a day have to do with losing weight?
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You have time. Must exercise along with diet to get it off.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    sexysexy1 wrote: »
    well its been a week since posting .......I have kept to 1200cals a day ..... measured and weighed everything before popping into my mouth....... exercised ......and what has happened.......NOTHING!!!!! not one pound has come off !!!!!! really really upset !!!!!

with a closed diary I'm calling BS on this..........

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    clarey265 wrote: »
    Perhaps cut out the 7up free, replace that with water as all the sugar free sweetners can't be good for you and may cause bloating
    No.

• shaun603
    shaun603 Posts: 75
    edited October 2014
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    so basically whats happening here is you may be overestimating dear, cut down cals another 10% and since its urgent I encourage you to start practicing Intermittent fasting, and if nothing and in dire need, cut out all carbs and sodium, and find a sauna, you can lose significant amount of water weight in just a few hours...

I hate agree but it is possible to cut a drastic amount of weight in a short period of time. I've been in MMA for quite a few years and a week or so prior to a fight I can drop 10-15 lbs. As stated its water weight mostly. All carbs and foods with sodium are cut out. You can lather your skin in nail polish remover which opens up all your pores and either sit in a sauna or get on a bike or treadmill and start burning calories and sweating. Its extremely unhealthy and you will gain it all back very quickly. I'm sure I'll get shot for this. I would keep going on your current path as you said you have 9 weeks to go. Lose as much as you can with a proper deficit and if it gets drastic then this will work.

unless you somehow start with a body covered in nail polish, please skip the bold part

Actually no.

Oh it's you again.

say what you want. You offer nothing except a useless pompous attitude. All you do is troll threads and criticize people's advice. I suggest you offer up your years of expertise instead.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    You're eating more than you think and burning less than you think.

Find a seamstress TODAY!

I agree with this.

SS, you can't rush weight loss. Just start now with healthy habits, such as weighing all your food, logging every single thing you eat, logging exercise, only eating only a portion of your exercise calories back, and enjoy the process of moving toward your wedding.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    as people are saying weigh EVERYTHING. eating such low cals and exercising should lead to weight loss.
  • SLLRunner
    edited October 2014
    Options

Shaun, I agree with losing on a proper deficit, but I don't understand why you would even advise the above (in bold) when you, yourself, say it's unhealthy. Also, the part about lathering yourself in nail polish....bad advice and bogus. What if someone actually does this and discovers they have a reaction to the polish or, worse yet, discovers they are allergic to it and they end up in a hospital? People can die from allergic reactions.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    sexysexy1 wrote: »
    thank you all for you comments. I will continue to try hard ...... so upset though ! the dress is beautiful - I just cant do the zip up from waste to top of back - the rest fits perfect which is why I thought losing a dress size would do it, I am doing all my own flowers and wedding cake....... eg food for a day ..... porridge with skimmed milk for breakfast - just had cous cous with roasted veg for lunch with 30g feta cheese, and I will be having chicken and salad for dinner. I only drink black coffee and 7 up free - I exercise three times a week but still do 10,000 steps per day ! so you can see where I am coming from as to see why the scales are not moving !!!!

Just keep up what you're doing. You are likely very stressed right now, which can cause water retention that may mask recent progress. Be sure that you are logging accurately and not over estimating calorie burns if you eat back your exercise calories.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

Actually no.

Oh it's you again.

say what you want. You offer nothing except a useless pompous attitude. All you do is troll threads and criticize people's advice. I suggest you offer up your years of expertise instead.

You need to learn the definition of troll. All you do is repeatedly give out *kitten* advice and turn into a little whiner when people tell you youre wrong and correct you. You also flag people who don't agree with you. But thanks for my first flag on the new forum system. You have zero expertise. I do more than criticize advice. I shut down poor advice and stick to the groups since there's less crap advice like yours there.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I will agree with the posters above about a corset back. Find a good (i.e. not the first one you find or the cheapest) seamstress to put in a corset back. I say find a good seamsterss because you will need someone who is experienced, it takes a lot of skill to do it, but it can be done. Corset backs have flexibility for sizing, when I bought my wedding dress I was told it can accommodate a couple of sizes each direction. As long as you can find fabric that matches your dress color, you will be fine.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Shaun, I agree with losing on a proper deficit, but I don't understand why you would even advise the above (in bold) when you, yourself, say it's unhealthy. Also, the part about lathering yourself in nail polish....bad advice and bogus. What if someone actually does this and discovers they have a reaction to the polish or, worse yet, discovers they are allergic to it and they end up in a hospital?
    Agreed. Especially since that's a night before last ditch effort type of thing, and I don't think I'd recommend anyone doing anything crazy the day before their wedding. You definitely don't want a huge itchy rash while trying to enjoy your big day.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Can you substitute paint thinner for nail polish remover in a pinch?