Help I'm getting married in 9 weeks

Options

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I wish I knew how to post a pic here. Anyway, rather than panic and starve yourself, find a good seamstress to do this to your dress:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RT02R4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005N329DU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=190MPCT5R6XYH5V4DP1A
  • shaun603
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    shaun603 wrote: »
    daynerz wrote: »
    so basically whats happening here is you may be overestimating dear, cut down cals another 10% and since its urgent I encourage you to start practicing Intermittent fasting, and if nothing and in dire need, cut out all carbs and sodium, and find a sauna, you can lose significant amount of water weight in just a few hours...

I hate agree but it is possible to cut a drastic amount of weight in a short period of time. I've been in MMA for quite a few years and a week or so prior to a fight I can drop 10-15 lbs. As stated its water weight mostly. All carbs and foods with sodium are cut out. You can lather your skin in nail polish remover which opens up all your pores and either sit in a sauna or get on a bike or treadmill and start burning calories and sweating. Its extremely unhealthy and you will gain it all back very quickly. I'm sure I'll get shot for this. I would keep going on your current path as you said you have 9 weeks to go. Lose as much as you can with a proper deficit and if it gets drastic then this will work.

Shaun, I agree with losing on a proper deficit, but I don't understand why you would even advise the above (in bold) when you, yourself, say it's unhealthy. Also, the part about lathering yourself in nail polish....bad advice and bogus. What if someone actually does this and discovers they have a reaction to the polish or, worse yet, discovers they are allergic to it and they end up in a hospital?

It's not bogus. Its how its done. Simple as that. it is unhealthy for the facts that you're starving your body from what it needs and it reacts. After you're done your body bloats backup. That's why it's unhealthy. like it or not the method is pretty common.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Get the dress altered.

Not to put too fine a point on it, you want to be healthy and energetic for the honeymoon, don't you?;)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Get the dress altered.

Not to put too fine a point on it, you want to be healthy and energetic for the honeymoon, don't you?;)

Shaun wants her to stink of nail polish remover
  • shaun603
    Options
    Get the dress altered.

what's wrong with that? That's hot.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You will need to cut out all processed food including anything with an artificial sweetener. So, pretty much a vegan diet, gluten free. Yes, it works.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    so basically whats happening here is you may be overestimating dear, cut down cals another 10% and since its urgent I encourage you to start practicing Intermittent fasting, and if nothing and in dire need, cut out all carbs and sodium, and find a sauna, you can lose significant amount of water weight in just a few hours...

I hate agree but it is possible to cut a drastic amount of weight in a short period of time. I've been in MMA for quite a few years and a week or so prior to a fight I can drop 10-15 lbs. As stated its water weight mostly. All carbs and foods with sodium are cut out. You can lather your skin in nail polish remover which opens up all your pores and either sit in a sauna or get on a bike or treadmill and start burning calories and sweating. Its extremely unhealthy and you will gain it all back very quickly. I'm sure I'll get shot for this. I would keep going on your current path as you said you have 9 weeks to go. Lose as much as you can with a proper deficit and if it gets drastic then this will work.

Shaun, I agree with losing on a proper deficit, but I don't understand why you would even advise the above (in bold) when you, yourself, say it's unhealthy. Also, the part about lathering yourself in nail polish....bad advice and bogus. What if someone actually does this and discovers they have a reaction to the polish or, worse yet, discovers they are allergic to it and they end up in a hospital?

It's not bogus. Its how its done. Simple as that. it is unhealthy for the facts that you're starving your body from what it needs and it reacts. After you're done your body bloats backup. That's why it's unhealthy. like it or not the method is pretty common.

Oh for goodness sake.

Please provide a link to a full study with peer review regarding weight loss results and overall benefits of rubbing yourself with nail polish and sweating on a treadmill or the sauna. :)

• SLLRunner
    Options
    You will need to cut out all processed food including anything with an artificial sweetener. So, pretty much a vegan diet, gluten free. Yes, it works.

Nobody needs to do this. This type of diet would be purely choice.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You
    Get the dress altered.

what's wrong with that? That's hot.

You sir need to stop your very lame advice!!
  • SLLRunner
    Options

fb-like-button.gif
  • shaun603
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

Please provide a link to a full study with peer review regarding weight loss results and overall benefits of rubbing yourself with nail polish and sweating on a treadmill or the sauna. :)

a full study with peer support? I don't need to, we do it lol:) of course under the advisement of a conditioning coach. a week before a weigh in, we go to our conditioning coach and weigh in with him. If it's too high then we do stuff like this to shed weight in a short amount of time.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

a full study with peer support? I don't need to, we do it lol:) of course under the advisement of a conditioning coach. a week before a weigh in, we go to our conditioning coach and weigh in with him. If it's too high then we do stuff like this to shed weight in a short amount of time.

Shaun, with all due respect, that is not good enough. And, posting a "lol" and a :), as you did next to the part I put in bold above, is not convincing.

The nail polish is 100% bogus.

Losing scale numbers after sweating on the treadmill, or doing any type of cardio, and/or sitting in a sauna, is not fat/weight loss, it is water loss only. It comes back as soon as you've hydrated.

If any weight/fat is lost it's due to a calorie deficit, and it does not come off overnight.
  • JoannaEngel84
    JoannaEngel84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

This sounds like the worst idea ever. Let's rub acetone (active ingredient in effective nail polish remover) all over our bodies then go in a sauna to sweat like crazy and breathe in the fumes. Sounds to me like your coach is begging for a lawsuit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

Shaun, with all due respect, that is not good enough. And, posting a "lol" and a :), as you did next to the part I put in bold above, is not convincing.

Losing scale numbers after sweating on the treadmill, or doing any type of cardio, and/or sitting in a sauna, is not fat/weight loss, it is water loss only. It comes back as soon as you've hydrated.

If any weight/fat is lost it's due to a calorie deficit, and it does not come off overnight.

you're forgetting you're talking to a person who said calories dont make you fat, carbs do in one sentence and then proceeded to claim to eat 65% carbs himself, and then said you could eat 5000 calories in fat and wouldnt gain weight because fat DOESNT make you fat...

i'd take his comments with a pinch of salt...
  • shaun603
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

Not bogus. And I clearly stated in the original post it was mostly water weight and it will return quickly after.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

This sounds like the worst idea ever. Let's rub acetone (active ingredient in effective nail polish remover) all over our bodies then go in a sauna to sweat like crazy and breathe in the fumes. Sounds to me like your coach is begging for a lawsuit.

sounds like someone likes getting high with other naked sweaty men...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    OP - If you can't zip up the dress from the waist to the upper back, I'd say that the dress is probably about 2 sizes too small. Yes, you can lose a few pounds before your wedding in 9 weeks, but it will be hard to go down 2 dress sizes.

If I were you I'd purchase some great shapewear and go to a tailer who can alter the dress.

Oh - and Congrats on getting married and whatnot :smiley:
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You would probably lose weight faster and for a significantly longer time if you just drank the nail polish remover.
  • shaun603
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

I was talking about your coach not you

and if i put lol :smile: it makes it ok, doesnt it!?