Help I'm getting married in 9 weeks

Options

Replies

• shaun603
    Options
    Deal with it? It is BS misinformation and you're advising it to the OP. Right before their wedding day.

FYI - I am also an avid fight fan and have been my entire life. Maybe your "simple" Google search could have shown you this:

http://combatsportslaw.com/tag/mma-rapid-extreme-weight-cut-injury-list/

This is FAR from a comprehensive list of professional weight cutters that use the methods you're advising. Keep in mind that this list does not include wrestlers and boxers. If it did, you would be reading a LOT longer.

Educate yourself.

Yeah its unhealthy. I said that. But it's done. You can't deny it. As much as you want to claim its bs. If you think that this practice is few and far between. Then I suggest you educate yourself. You have no clue.
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    shaun603 wrote: »
    Deal with it? It is BS misinformation and you're advising it to the OP. Right before their wedding day.

FYI - I am also an avid fight fan and have been my entire life. Maybe your "simple" Google search could have shown you this:

This is FAR from a comprehensive list of professional weight cutters that use the methods you're advising. Keep in mind that this list does not include wrestlers and boxers. If it did, you would be reading a LOT longer.

Educate yourself.

Yeah its unhealthy. I said that. But it's done. You can't deny it. As much as you want to claim its bs. If you think that this practice is few and far between. Then I suggest you educate yourself. You have no clue.

We agree on one thing -- it's unhealthy. Then why advise it? It's a dangerous practice. You might as well tell the OP to start snorting coke to lose weight. A lot of people still do it and it's a pretty common practice as well. Does that make it a good idea or viable option? No.

- I never one time denied that it was NOT done.
    - I never one time denied that this practice was uncommon.
    - I never one time stated or thought that the practice was few and far between.
    - I simply stated that it was a dumbass idea because it's unhealthy.

I refuse to engage further in a battle of wit with an unarmed person. Please learn to read and take this dumbass "advice" elsewhere.
  • shaun603
    Options
    shaun603 wrote: »

Educate yourself.

We agree on one thing -- it's unhealthy. Then why advise it? It's a dangerous practice. You might as well tell the OP to start snorting coke to lose weight. A lot of people still do it and it's a pretty common practice as well. Does that make it a good idea or viable option? No.

- I never one time denied that it was NOT done.
    - I never one time denied that this practice was uncommon.
    - I never one time stated or thought that the practice was few and far between.
    - I simply stated that it was a dumbass idea because it's unhealthy.

I refuse to engage further in a battle of wit with an unarmed person. Please learn to read and take this dumbass "advice" elsewhere.

it's pretty typical that you would the equate a cutting practice to snorting coke. Keep up the good work code master flex.
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food. It's likely you're underestimating what you eat, and overestimating what you burn
    Strength train- don't just do cardio. That'll help with fitting into a dress.

• JusticejamesbMBA
    JusticejamesbMBA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep your calories at around 1,200, and your carbs < 20. Do this and you'll lose about 20lbs in 9 weeks.
  • christinapapou
    christinapapou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't go under your calorie count since that will make your body think its starving itself. Then the fat gets stored and any food you take in, the body will just store it. Just eat what your calorie count is and exercise one day cardio and one day weight intervals. Trying to lose it too fast and stress is not good before your wedding. Just relax you will fit into that dress.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Keep your calories at around 1,200, and your carbs < 20. Do this and you'll lose about 20lbs in 9 weeks.

No.
    I personally wouldn't go under your calorie count since that will make your body think its starving itself. Then the fat gets stored and any food you take in, the body will just store it. Just eat what your calorie count is and exercise one day cardio and one day weight intervals. Trying to lose it too fast and stress is not good before your wedding. Just relax you will fit into that dress.

No, stArvation mode, which it sounds like you are talking about, does not exist in the common dieter.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

There's is no starvation mode. The reason that 1200 is usually the minimum is because you want your body to get adequate vitamins, minerals, etc. Starvation mode had been debunked.

• 98bikinisuitedlbs
    98bikinisuitedlbs Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Start making lifestyle changes right about NOW!! Don't wait until tomorrow after dinner, etc Incorporate more veggies, fruits, water and protein and simply commit!!!
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    sexysexy1 wrote: »
    I NEED HELP !!!!!!!!

3 day military diet. You do 3 days on and 4 days off and then do it again. Can help you lose up to 10lbs a week(more like 4-6). It's not meant for long term but it will help you get in your dress. I haven't met anyone who it hasn't worked for. I reccomend calorie and deficit eating for long term healthy weight loss but this will help you for your wedding. I also reccomend body wraps. They melt off inches for a week or two in just 2 or 3 applications(water weight). You can order them cheaper than you can get one at a spa or you can google how to do them homemade. Between those two things, you will get in that dress :)
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Can you get it taken out by a seamstress

^^^^^
    Congratulations on your wedding, and as stated above, just have the dress altered.
    Don't get under pressure to crash diet for a wedding. Any program geared to reduce more than 1 pound per week might be something that craters at some point. For lasting, steady results, think long-term - not 9 weeks ahead. Fitness for life is the best road to take.
    Best wishes to you!
    :)
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat at a deficit, weigh (preferably) or measure your food. I would also cut out soda and alcohol until the wedding because they're empty calories, and things like beer can cause bloating ("beer gut"). Don't forget to log what you drink, too. Also, exercise so the weight you do lose is mostly fat instead of a higher percentage of muscle if you only diet.

I would make sure your logging is accurate and if it is the weight will come off. Sometimes people retain water weight at first but after a couple of weeks that should go away. Especially if the calorie cut is a lot less than what you're used to eating.
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Soooooo apart from the severe derailing of this thread I would love to know how @sexysexy1 is coming along.
    Are you still staying strict? Chosen any particular methods? Consulted a tailor yet?
    Congrats on your wedding! Don't stress, you'll realize after its done that you've worried over nothing, that even if you don't lose any weight and have to get the dress tailored you will still look STUNNING and I bet when you walk down that aisle your hubbies eyes will light up :)
    Best of luck!
  • sexysexy1
    Options
    just to keep you all informed, I do weigh everything, I am not cheating, I am sticking to my calories and I do exercise. This weekend I managed to gain 2lb ! my diet history is that I have been on a diet since I was 9 years old ..... I have been 8 stone and at my heaviest 14 stone. In the last few years I have tried to eat healthy and not go on a fad diet. I seem to just maintain my weight on 1250 cals a day .... I weigh myself daily so that I can see what my body is doing..... weight can fluctuate between 11st 7lb and 11st 11lb......... my doctor has told me that my body has just got used to being on a diet ! but this is not fair ....... all I want is to lose a stone ! and my dress is a size 14 and I wear a size 14 all the time ....... the dress came from china - hand made - and it is a size too small ! but it is beautiful ! It is now 7 weeks until I get married !!!!!!!!!!! enjoying the run up to it I just wish I could lose this weight ! and please remember I am 47 not 27 and this is just as important to me as a younger bride .......
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just to keep you all informed, I do weigh everything, I am not cheating, I am sticking to my calories and I do exercise. This weekend I managed to gain 2lb ! my diet history is that I have been on a diet since I was 9 years old ..... I have been 8 stone and at my heaviest 14 stone. In the last few years I have tried to eat healthy and not go on a fad diet. I seem to just maintain my weight on 1250 cals a day .... I weigh myself daily so that I can see what my body is doing..... weight can fluctuate between 11st 7lb and 11st 11lb......... my doctor has told me that my body has just got used to being on a diet ! but this is not fair ....... all I want is to lose a stone ! and my dress is a size 14 and I wear a size 14 all the time ....... the dress came from china - hand made - and it is a size too small ! but it is beautiful ! It is now 7 weeks until I get married !!!!!!!!!!! enjoying the run up to it I just wish I could lose this weight ! and please remember I am 47 not 27 and this is just as important to me as a younger bride .......

so how much longer are you going to wait before you find a seamstress and see if it can be taken out!??!!?!??!?!?!

as i already said, wedding dresses are cut small, you probably should have got a 16...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

If you're 47 and this impulsive, panicky, and stubborn... Well, good luck to ya.

Get the thing altered already. And maybe see a professional if you've really been on a diet since 9. Cripes.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options

If you're 47 and this impulsive, panicky, and stubborn... Well, good luck to ya.

Get the thing altered already. And maybe see a professional if you've really been on a diet since 9. Cripes.
    Yep, it's hard to just watch another bury themselves deeper and deeper...

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

As to the bold part: by "this" I suspect you mean your wedding. Therefore, if your wedding is this important, I suggest you contact that seamstress and get the dress taken out or, as others have suggested, get a corset put in.

As for the rest: I hate to tell you this, but it's highly unlikely that you are eating 1250 calories a day if you are maintaining your weight and not losing. You are most likely eating more. Not getting results is not about whether or not you are cheating, but more about how it is common to unintentionally:
    1. Underestimate calorie intake. Even if we weigh food, choosing the wrong entries in the database. In other words, we don't take the time to look up the nutrition information or read the packages to compare to the MFP database, because that database is off on a lot of entries. Just make sure you weigh everything you eat, including condiments and beverages, vitamins, and even Airborne (I found out this morning that 4 chewable tablets of Airborne have 25 calories) or other medications.
    2. Overestimate calorie burns. The calorie burn numbers in the MFP database are way overestimated, as are numbers on gym machines, exercise apps, and internet sources. If you use these resources for calorie burns, I suggest eating back only about 70% or so of those calories back.

Good luck!

ETA: I just looked at your diary. You indeed have some generic entries as well a several quick added calories, which seems to indicate you are not weighing each meal. Also, I note that you use a fitbit as well as log other calories in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it either/or with fitbit? In other words, fitbit makes those calorie adjustments for you, which includes cardio, therefore you don't log your calories on top of that? I bring this up because some days your calorie counts seem awfully high.

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    If your diary is any indication, you are absolutely not "weighing everything". Over the past 2 weeks you have a lot of days that aren't logged at all. You have a ton of "quick add calories" for 100, 200, and 800 calories. You're logging a lot of generic items. What is 1/4 tray of takeout food? etc, etc.
    If you were TRULY weighing and logging all your food, it would show in your diary. So you are either eating too much, or overestimating your calories burned, or both.

CONTACT A SEAMSTRESS TO ALTER YOUR DRESS.
  • sexysexy1
    Options
    I dont always upload my food intake onto mfp but always carry my hand written diary. I take calories off packets and total them and use as quick add calories. as for my exercise I use my heartrate monitor all the time to tell me how many calories I have used. it looks like I will have to alter my dress but I really did not want to. I also started this link as I thought some people may be able to help. to be honest I think I was looking for miracle ....... I am very young at heart and so desperately wanted to finally lose this stupid stone I seem to be carrying and I generally thought that I would ! I am sick and tired of being fat ..... some of you may laugh or criticize me but at the end of the day all I am looking for is happiness and self worth and of course to look stunning when I finally marry the man I love after being together for 18 years !