Help I'm getting married in 9 weeks

Options

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    OP- If it were me I would probably try this:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/new-rapid-fat-loss-flexible-dieting-book-package.html/

Either buy the Rapid Fat Loss handbook part or find a copy someone posted of the pdf online. I've read it and it's good advice for this sort of situation.

If you're going nuts on the exercise, that could be hiding fat loss on the scale due to water retention, too. Walk or do something that's not going to be a strain to your body instead, or at least back way off in the last week or two.

Good luck!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Well this thread is going off the rails quickly.
  • shaun603
    Options
    shaun603 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    daynerz wrote: »
    so basically whats happening here is you may be overestimating dear, cut down cals another 10% and since its urgent I encourage you to start practicing Intermittent fasting, and if nothing and in dire need, cut out all carbs and sodium, and find a sauna, you can lose significant amount of water weight in just a few hours...

I hate agree but it is possible to cut a drastic amount of weight in a short period of time. I've been in MMA for quite a few years and a week or so prior to a fight I can drop 10-15 lbs. As stated its water weight mostly. All carbs and foods with sodium are cut out. You can lather your skin in nail polish remover which opens up all your pores and either sit in a sauna or get on a bike or treadmill and start burning calories and sweating. Its extremely unhealthy and you will gain it all back very quickly. I'm sure I'll get shot for this. I would keep going on your current path as you said you have 9 weeks to go. Lose as much as you can with a proper deficit and if it gets drastic then this will work.

Shaun, I agree with losing on a proper deficit, but I don't understand why you would even advise the above (in bold) when you, yourself, say it's unhealthy. Also, the part about lathering yourself in nail polish....bad advice and bogus. What if someone actually does this and discovers they have a reaction to the polish or, worse yet, discovers they are allergic to it and they end up in a hospital?

It's not bogus. Its how its done. Simple as that. it is unhealthy for the facts that you're starving your body from what it needs and it reacts. After you're done your body bloats backup. That's why it's unhealthy. like it or not the method is pretty common.

Oh for goodness sake.

Please provide a link to a full study with peer review regarding weight loss results and overall benefits of rubbing yourself with nail polish and sweating on a treadmill or the sauna. :)

a full study with peer support? I don't need to, we do it lol:) of course under the advisement of a conditioning coach. a week before a weigh in, we go to our conditioning coach and weigh in with him. If it's too high then we do stuff like this to shed weight in a short amount of time.

This sounds like the worst idea ever. Let's rub acetone (active ingredient in effective nail polish remover) all over our bodies then go in a sauna to sweat like crazy and breathe in the fumes. Sounds to me like your coach is begging for a lawsuit.

sounds like someone likes getting high with other naked sweaty men...

So what if I did?

I was talking about your coach not you

and if i put lol :smile: it makes it ok, doesnt it!?

I guess..... I guess I didn't think this would turn into a gay bashing thread.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    so basically whats happening here is you may be overestimating dear, cut down cals another 10% and since its urgent I encourage you to start practicing Intermittent fasting, and if nothing and in dire need, cut out all carbs and sodium, and find a sauna, you can lose significant amount of water weight in just a few hours...

I hate agree but it is possible to cut a drastic amount of weight in a short period of time. I've been in MMA for quite a few years and a week or so prior to a fight I can drop 10-15 lbs. As stated its water weight mostly. All carbs and foods with sodium are cut out. You can lather your skin in nail polish remover which opens up all your pores and either sit in a sauna or get on a bike or treadmill and start burning calories and sweating. Its extremely unhealthy and you will gain it all back very quickly. I'm sure I'll get shot for this. I would keep going on your current path as you said you have 9 weeks to go. Lose as much as you can with a proper deficit and if it gets drastic then this will work.

Shaun, I agree with losing on a proper deficit, but I don't understand why you would even advise the above (in bold) when you, yourself, say it's unhealthy. Also, the part about lathering yourself in nail polish....bad advice and bogus. What if someone actually does this and discovers they have a reaction to the polish or, worse yet, discovers they are allergic to it and they end up in a hospital?

It's not bogus. Its how its done. Simple as that. it is unhealthy for the facts that you're starving your body from what it needs and it reacts. After you're done your body bloats backup. That's why it's unhealthy. like it or not the method is pretty common.

Oh for goodness sake.

Please provide a link to a full study with peer review regarding weight loss results and overall benefits of rubbing yourself with nail polish and sweating on a treadmill or the sauna. :)

a full study with peer support? I don't need to, we do it lol:) of course under the advisement of a conditioning coach. a week before a weigh in, we go to our conditioning coach and weigh in with him. If it's too high then we do stuff like this to shed weight in a short amount of time.

This sounds like the worst idea ever. Let's rub acetone (active ingredient in effective nail polish remover) all over our bodies then go in a sauna to sweat like crazy and breathe in the fumes. Sounds to me like your coach is begging for a lawsuit.

So what if I did?

its not... you're just projecting your feelings onto a comment.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

• shaun603
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

That's unacceptable.
  • shaun603
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

That's unacceptable.

i wouldn't go that far, but it leads to misunderstandings, as you're proving.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    e17q2ly7qybm.jpg
    Indeed
    Is that nail polish remover?

• shaun603
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

That's unacceptable.

Right.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

That's unacceptable.

Right.

lol :smile:
  • shaun603
    Options

Oh for goodness sake.

So what if I did?

That's unacceptable.

Right.

lol :smile:

:):):)
  • shaun603
    Options
    e17q2ly7qybm.jpg
    Indeed
    Is that nail polish remover?

Relax pal, that's iced tea.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Awwww so glad to see you two have made up :smiley:
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

tumblr_mgexlapJMW1s0epgqo1_400.gif
  • shaun603
    Options

Its not bro science unless your from the jersey shore, bro.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I don't care to keep track of who give what type of advice on different threads; too much to remember and not important enough to me.

I would not post any or all of the extreme ways MMA fighters, wrestlers, boxers, etc. lose weight rapidly for weigh-ins, but it's not like the OP couldn't find this type of thing herself. I realize it's not the type of thing to post on a webiste encouraging healthy habits, but I don't really get all the outrage. There are countless bad methods out there to lose weight and they certainly aren't secret.

My oldest son was a wrestler from elementary to high school. Won state his senior year. Believe me, I've heard all the terrible things they do to make weight. None of them would I nor have I ever done, but they are common knowledge.
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options

Its not bro science unless your from the jersey shore, bro.

Umm.. No. I believe in science and having an education. I'm also far from the Jersey shore. Unless you can provide scientific data to prove that this is NOT a dumbass idea, it's either "broscience" or *kitten*. Your choice.

I say it's both.
  • shaun603
    shaun603 Posts: 75
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Umm.. No. I believe in science and having an education. I'm also far from the Jersey shore. Unless you can provide scientific data to prove that this is NOT a dumbass idea, it's either "broscience" or *kitten*. Your choice.

I say it's both.

No offense man. But I'm not spewing some crazy secret. A simple google search would result in similar information. Your just beating a dead horse at this point calling it "bro-science or bs" get off your high horse. It works. Athletes do it. No big deal. Get over it and yourself. If you read the original post i said to use proper diet and exercise first, if you get in a bind then this method can work and provided the information that its unhealthy. Deal with it and quit the bro-rage.
  • CodeMonkey78
    Options
    Deal with it? It is BS misinformation and you're advising it to the OP. Right before their wedding day.

FYI - I am also an avid fight fan and have been my entire life. Maybe your "simple" Google search could have shown you this:

http://combatsportslaw.com/tag/mma-rapid-extreme-weight-cut-injury-list/

This is FAR from a comprehensive list of professional weight cutters that use the methods you're advising. Keep in mind that this list does not include wrestlers and boxers. If it did, you would be reading a LOT longer.

Educate yourself.