No Crust Pizza

Options
1235»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    50jk.jpg

NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
    Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
    For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
    1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
    Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Have not tried this yet but it sure looks delicious.

the last time I spayed my 9x13 baking dish I realized I should have neutered it.

BTW wouldn't a better title be "Pizza Toppings Casserole"? Sincere question. Not even a meanie.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Isn't that container of cream cheese a TON of calories?

Yes, this pizza is basically a cheesecake...

Oh my bad, "Cheesecake Pizza".
  • bigfatguy3
    bigfatguy3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    looks good! thanks
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Well, nobody else has tried it yet, so I figured I'd be the guinea pig. I used reduced fat cream cheese rather than the real deal, but everything else listed. It came out pretty well, only I didn't bake the crust by itself near long enough. It had more of pancake consistency, rather than being crispy, which made it eat like lasagna vs. pizza. Still, if you're looking for low carb pizza, I'd say give it a try.

Nutrition for entire pizza w/ 4 slices of Canadian Bacon and 17 slices of Turkey Pepperoni as meat toppings:
    Calories: 1311
    Carbs: 35
    Fat: 91
    Protein: 90
    Fiber: 2

I ate half of it in one sitting, which is:
    Calories: 656
    Carbs: 18
    Fat: 46
    Protein: 45
    Fiber: 1

it probably needed the full fat cream cheese to bond to the parmesan and eggs to become more crust like. you know like parm crisps but sticking together? so yeah, can you post how it went if you end up following the recipe exactly? it looks yummy I wanna try it but I don't have money to throw around on iffy recipes.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I've made this a few times. To me, it's honestly better than delivery
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    nvm tanks doc
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I've made this a few times. To me, it's honestly better than delivery

thanks for the review. NOW I will try it.

I'll probably bring it to my next thing I go to.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious I'm going to try it...I'm always looking for healthy recipes :-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    'I know this egg-based crust is going to sound strange, but I urge you to trust me and try this. I've tried a whole lot of low-carb pizza crusts over the years, and this is really the best one. No, it isn't like regular, but it's really good. I got the recipe on which this is based from the Protein Power Forum, and have altered it somewhat.'

'Based on some of the comments, I'm now realizing that some people are expecting a crisp crust, or a thin crust. This crust is neither crisp nor thin. However, you can make it thinner by using fewer eggs and less cream cheese.'
    Ingredients:

6 eggs
    6 oz cream cheese (3/4 package) at room temperature
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1½ teaspoon oregano or other Italian seasoning
    ½ teaspoon salt
    pinches of black and/or cayenne pepper
    1 cup (or a little more) shredded Italian cheeses, at least half of which is a hard cheese (Parmesan, Assagio)
    Preparation:

Heat the oven to 350° F.
    1) Be sure the cream cheese is at about room temperature. Using a regular blender, food processor, or (my preferred) stick blender, mix the egg and cream cheese until well blended. Add the salt and spices and blend again.

2) Spread cheese in bottom of well-buttered 9X13 pan. I often use an Italian blend such as Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio. Pour egg mixture over the cheese, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the top is browning.

3) Remove from oven, add pizza toppings, and bake until done - about another 10-15 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

Nutritional Information: Each serving has 1.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 11 grams protein, and 179 calories.

Pizza Quiche.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I don't mean to come off as nasty, but it really should have been posted as a low carb, high calorie no crust pizza. For us counting calories, this would be a nightmare into burning off the calories. Plus there is nothing ( not much fiber in it) to prevent one from over eating. I am for high protein diets, but I worry about all the fat this pizza has. I may need a quadrupal bypass after eating the whole thing, or pretty close to one.

you can get your fiber on the side in the form of a salad. quit whining.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    bump to save
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Nommy
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LassVegas
    LassVegas Posts: 35
    Options
    Pretty much drooling all over my keyboard. Not one recipe on this thread will go untried.
  • Pauline252mfp
    Pauline252mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm going to make this Sunday, put all veggie toppings on it instead of the meat, and cut it into 6 pieces to pack for lunch every day this week. When I calculated it through the recipe importer, it came out as 1206 calories for the whole thing. I haven't had pizza since March.
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've made this. It's very good and I used the GREEK cream cheese adding protein, sparing some fat.
  • Pauline252mfp
    Pauline252mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've made this. It's very good and I used the GREEK cream cheese adding protein, sparing some fat.
    Thanks, sounds great!