I got my feelings hurt.

Options
So my husband and I were talking this morning about liposuction and tummy tucks. He proceeded to ask me how I got all that excess skin on my belly. I was so hurt and I cried. I'm trying to be forgiving but it's hard. I weigh 130 now but still need to lose a little more. Surgery is not an option and in comparison to what I've seen, mine isn't really that bad.

Replies

• sonjabowler
    Options
    Don't you worry about that sweety, a little work in the gym and it'll tighten up after putting in the work. A little insensitive of him--but hey, men suck sometimes! :)
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    He's your husband and he doesn't know how you got the belly? Is it brand new?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Does he really not know how you got excess skin on your stomach, or was he trying to be rude? This post isn't very clear.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Did you tell him that he hurt your feelings? I think that should be the first step.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt and I hope your day gets better.
  • MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No I had a child from a previous marriage.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and show his *kitten* the couch. (Men are insensitive sometimes).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mistypile wrote: »
    No I had a child from a previous marriage.

And he doesn't know what happens when a woman has a baby?
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    ...? I guess you'd have to be there to get an appreciation for tone. The question could come across as being critical or just as a request for information.

Depending on how it was asked, if someone had asked me that question, I think I'd answer with: "The excess skin gnomes were feeling generous this year. How do you think it got there?" And then smile sweetly.
  • MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Apparently his ex-wife didn't have any problems rebounding after 2 kids.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Nice man bashing. Don't you mean people suck or are insensitive sometimes? What happened to equality?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    We don't understand the details, just as many women you have not given birth don't understand the gory details. Mars/Venus - don't read too much into it. We say stupid things sometimes.
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    im sorry that he is an *kitten*, but men sometimes are clueless, thankfully my husband has a child from a previous marriage and is not clueless from his experiences.
    However, its very hard to get rid of but not impossible you are amazing that you lost all that weight, believe me I balled my eyes out when my husband, then only my Boyfriend says to me if your not happy with your weight just get the surgery my aunt had a gastric bypass and they tyed her stomach I looked at him gave him the meanest look and walked away in tears I was so upset, I was like are you freaking kidding! NO! I am not eligible and no I will not get surgery! ill do this and work my *kitten* off for it!
    some men are clueless!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You're beautiful. Dump him, marry me.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Lift weights and show his *kitten* the couch. (Men are insensitive sometimes).

^^. Done.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Wow.

Kind of glad I'm married to another man at this point. I don't usually buy into the Men are from Mars crap, but some of the commentary here is just...odd.

Jeebus.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'm lost. :huh:
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Strange that your husband didn't know the answer already.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Apparently his ex-wife didn't have any problems rebounding after 2 kids.

Don't go there with the comparing between you and her, that will only make things worse (or at least it would for me)

It sounds like its not fat, but if you start lifting it will help. But I would say something to him if you're bothered by the comment enough. You know your husband better than we do, but for my husband, so I didn't come off as just overly-emotional, I would say "You know that comment about my stomach? Yay, it was rude so knock it off with those okay?"
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So my husband and I were talking this morning about liposuction and tummy tucks. He proceeded to ask me how I got all that excess skin on my belly. I was so hurt and I cried. I'm trying to be forgiving but it's hard. I weigh 130 now but still need to lose a little more. Surgery is not an option and in comparison to what I've seen, mine isn't really that bad.

why is surgery not an option? is it the cost?

men can be insensitive like that. my husband knows full well why my torso is a disaster area (i've had a floop of lower belly skin/fat all my life, lost 70lbs and it had just started to finally shrink, then got massively pregnant with twins... now i have an inverted T-zone of permanent damage that will only come off with surgery), and we've talked about getting me a tummy tuck to get rid of it. he tries very hard to be understanding without acting like an *kitten*.

i told him that we'll talk to another plastic surgeon after i've gotten more blood tests and talked to an endocrinologist again to see why i'm not losing weight the way i should. i'd like to be thinner and have stronger muscles before surgery so that the results will be better.