should i do a whole week of a high carb diet to fix leptin so i can boost my fat burn again?

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Your hatred for food seems concerning to me.

I just hate it. Because food dont seem beneficial to me.

Please seek professional help to work on your relationship with food. This isn't a healthy outlook. http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

QFT
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    See, the issue here, taylorblade, is that food supports life and generally speaking, people on the board support life. So few if any are going to support starvation. A secondary issue is that food tastes good and can be very pleasurable. If you once felt defeated by food, and ridiculed by others because of your weight, or if meal times have been been loaded with other kinds of negative emotional/physical freight, you might want to target food as "evil." But it isn't. It's just food.

I think that it would be helpful for you to look into the science of body transformation. Reducing weight is much easier when you have a lot to lose. As you close in on a range that most would consider healthy, it becomes harder and requires closer attention to nutrient intake. Cravings can be set off by inadequate nutrition, insufficient calories to support activity level, and mood disorders. Start with the first two and see if that helps.
  • TavistockToad
    edited October 2014
    Options
    just to clarify... you dont believe that people need food to survive?
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    See, the issue here, taylorblade, is that food supports life and generally speaking, people on the board support life. So few if any are going to support starvation. A secondary issue is that food tastes good and can be very pleasurable. If you once felt defeated by food, and ridiculed by others because of your weight, or if meal times have been been loaded with other kinds of negative emotional/physical freight, you might want to target food as "evil." But it isn't. It's just food.

I think that it would be helpful for you to look into the science of body transformation. Reducing weight is much easier when you have a lot to lose. As you close in on a range that most would consider healthy, it becomes harder and requires closer attention to nutrient intake. Cravings can be set off by inadequate nutrition, insufficient calories to support activity level, and mood disorders. Start with the first two and see if that helps.
    and thats just it! Thats the problem that word SCIENCE!!! no i've never been ridiculed about my weight. As a matter of fact people said it didnt look like i was fat. But in reality i was. Im proud of the new me so far and very confidence i have so much confidence right now its ridiculous!

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In any case, OP, you really need to get some professional help and do a little reading up on how the human body works.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You've got two options if you want to live. Eat food, or get hooked up to an IV or feeding tube and be fed that way.

You think can do otherwise? Provide one example of a person that stopped eating and lived solely on air and water, long term. Months won't cut it - we all know that people can fast for months.

I'll wait.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    dear whomever is modding this thread in real time,

you CANNOT selectively delete statements from the OP that will give people insight into whether this is a genuine thread, or if the OP needs professional help, or if we're being completely trolled. you want to take out "mean" (in your mind, anyway) responses, do what you feel. but if you're deleting the OP's actual words, what is even the point?

either snip the whole thread or let it stand on it's own merits. this isn't a movie where you get to edit the raw footage to tell a different story that what's on the tape.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Man if you people dont stop asking me all these crazy questions... All i want to know is how do i fix my leptin thats it. So I can go in head and lose the rest of this fat and go on with my life. Thank you!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

you CANNOT selectively delete statements from the OP that will give people insight into whether this is a genuine thread, or if the OP needs professional help, or if we're being completely trolled. you want to take out "mean" (in your mind, anyway) responses, do what you feel. but if you're deleting the OP's actual words, what is even the point?

either snip the whole thread or let it stand on it's own merits. this isn't a movie where you get to edit the raw footage to tell a different story that what's on the tape.

Seriously. Can someone please explain to me why my comment about how wrong it is to antagonize someone with an ED has been deleted? Are you serious?

For the record, folks. It is wrong to antagonize someone with an ED.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    In any case, OP, you really need to get some professional help and do a little reading up on how the human body works.
    Listen like i said bump science and how the human body works give me proof that we have to eat to live. Now if you dont mind please tell me how to fix my leptin im bout to go insane over here. I could really use your help.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Man if you people dont stop asking me all these crazy questions... All i want to know is how do i fix my leptin thats it. So I can go in head and lose the rest of this fat and go on with my life. Thank you!

carzy questions like whether you think people can survive without food? maybe ask yourself why people are asking these questions...?
  • taylorblade
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Are you being serious right now? With statements like the above how can anyone not consider the possibility that you are trolling the forum.
    No im not trolling. What the heck is TROLLING! anyway??? Im dead serious about my situation.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Are you being serious right now? With statements like the above how can anyone not consider the possibility that you are trolling the forum.
    No im not trolling. What the heck is TROLLING! anyway??? Im dead serious about my situation.

still ignoring my question though...
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Yes real talk.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Yes real talk.

i dont even know what that means....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You can't tell people that you don't believe food is required for survival and then expect them to focus on a question about hormones. You're asking too much of the MFP populace.

I second the recommendation to see a counselor about your relationship with food.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Have to agree with that^^^^

With every post the OP makes it becomes more and more apparent that his intentions are to stir things up though.

well OP must be really hangry, so its not surprising!
This discussion has been closed.