What's your favorite "healthy" cereal? Just curious.

Options

Replies

• maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bran flakes
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Cereal is basically empty calories, it doesn't really fill you up, you'll be hungry in no time. If I eat it, it's homemade granola.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    I know cereal isn't best for weight loss, but I only eat a cup with skim milk and its not even every day so I don't feel too bad indulging..I recently got the fiber one 80 calories chocolate cereal and I have found that it's more cocoa flavored than sugar flavored, which I like because i don't feel as guilty, lol.

What's everyone's favorite cereal when dieting?

why isnt cereal best for weight loss?

all you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit?

Haha. I ALWAYS support this but honestly, cereal is not best for MY weight loss because I need to eat like 9 bowls to be satisfied. I haven't bought a box of cereal in about 5 years.

But yeah, CICO.
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Cereal is basically empty calories, it doesn't really fill you up, you'll be hungry in no time. If I eat it, it's homemade granola.

It depends on the cereal. I eat cereal and some do make me hungrier faster than others.

• soultrouble
    soultrouble Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Organic frost flakes from HEB...sometimes I use vanilla soy milk
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Special K with berries
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Huh
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    aldi berry flakes
  • Kristinemomof3
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just meant that it doesn't keep you full long and a LOT of cereal on the market is full of sugar and not really healthy, even if it has crap added.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I need to shake up my routine. Count chocula and chocolate soy milk sound very good......
  • Kristinemomof3
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I just meant that it doesn't keep you full long and a LOT of cereal on the market is full of sugar and not really healthy, even if it has crap added.
    So sugar makes cereal unhealthy and because it's fortified with vitamins and minerals those are actually crap?

Cereal is a processed food. If you want to fool yourself into believing it's good for you, that's your call. Sorry if what I'm trying to get at, is not coming across.
  • catrina125
    Options
    kashi cinnamon harvest, now I got my mom addicted.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So sugar makes cereal unhealthy and because it's fortified with vitamins and minerals those are actually crap?

Cereal is a processed food. If you want to fool yourself into believing it's good for you, that's your call. Sorry if what I'm trying to get at, is not coming across.

Well, I love cereal, and my body swears that it's good for me. In what ways is it "bad" for me? Could I be running faster if I don't eat processed cereals? I'm confused.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Frosted mini wheats, it's basically like fruit sugar aka good sugar. Has fiber and vitamins just like fruit
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    The Frosted Mini Wheats with the raisin in the middle is delish.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    THIS:
    KelloggsFrostedMiniWheatsTouchofFruitintheMiddleRaisincereal_1327208.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    THIS:
    KelloggsFrostedMiniWheatsTouchofFruitintheMiddleRaisincereal_1327208.jpg

I'd put that in my diary under "Paleo Power Hour"