What's your favorite "healthy" cereal? Just curious.

Options

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I had to cut out cereal almost completely, not because I think it's "bad" but because I couldn't stay full enough on the amount of calories I was getting from it. However I do make a mean Greek yogurt parfait that always includes Grape Nuts (and almonds, and banana slices, and strawberry jam!!).
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love cereal, but I'm kind of a purist in that I don't like the "sugared" ones. Cheerios, Special K and Rice Krispies are my favorites.
  • gamerguy123
    gamerguy123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean, I like the protein content and the taste is just a little sweet, not too sweet.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Corn flakes and coco pops, especially with sliced banana and some of my son's gold top milk.

They're not inherently unhealthy, but they don't fill me up anywhere near as well as oats, weetabix or eggs. I then end up eating several servings.

I remember doing weight watchers many years ago and being shocked when I first learned what recommended serving size amounts to. You do get quite a few coco pops to be fair, but still, I can put away a lot of cereals. And I only drink full fat milk, so there's that too.

Sorry - just noticed the title 'healthy', I'd still go with cornflakes or weetabix. I eat a lot of weetabix.

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cereal is good for you.... great carb source.

Reese's Puffs (good with coffee yogurt)
    Craklin Oat Bran (amazing)
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Weet-Bix, and old fashioned oatmeal. Both are not ridiculously high in sugar, provide good amounts of fibre, and keep me full for hours. :)
  • Hope2036
    Hope2036 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Rice Puffs (1cup = 50 calories) with Silk Unsweetened Original or vanilla almond milk (1 cup =30 calories and no sugar)
    I do add bananas at times and it does keep me full plus it is great as a snack later in evening
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lactaid 2 % Lactose Free Milk - 100% Lactose Free, 0.5 cup
    Kashi - Go Lean Crunch - Honey Almond Flax - 28 grams
    Cheerios - Cinnamon Almond Protein - 55 grams
    Strawberries - Raw, 0.5 cup

My breakfast this morning. I tend to eat this, as it gives me a sufficient amount of carbs before I head out on an 8-10 mile run. If I don't get enough carb before my run, I'm dead 1/2 way in!
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Im that weirdo that liked special K with the dried out strawberries in it haha
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lucky Charms

Why isn't cereal good for weight loss?
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Porridge all the way
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    I know cereal isn't best for weight loss, but I only eat a cup with skim milk and its not even every day so I don't feel too bad indulging..I recently got the fiber one 80 calories chocolate cereal and I have found that it's more cocoa flavored than sugar flavored, which I like because i don't feel as guilty, lol.

What's everyone's favorite cereal when dieting?

I just look for whole grain (for fiber) low sugar. I'm usually adding it to something for good protein numbers.

The chicory root in FiberOne (flavored cereals) gives me really bad gas. So I usually go with Grapenuts mixed with Greek yogurt, or Kashi GoLean Original mixed in yogurt. Some of the flavored Kashi's have chicory root too, so I have to be careful.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Grapenuts...and they have to sit there and soak up the milk so that's they're just slightly crunchy.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like kashi go lean crunch personally
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I like Froot Loops, dry or with milk
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like corn flakes with a banana or a 1/4 cup raisins mixed in. I eat quick oatmeal or cream of wheat in the winter. Yum.
  • chetvr
    chetvr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean, I like the protein content and the taste is just a little sweet, not too sweet.

This
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    I know cereal isn't best for weight loss, but I only eat a cup with skim milk and its not even every day so I don't feel too bad indulging..I recently got the fiber one 80 calories chocolate cereal and I have found that it's more cocoa flavored than sugar flavored, which I like because i don't feel as guilty, lol.

What's everyone's favorite cereal when dieting?
    I like Fiber One protein cereal.
    It's guaranteed to help you lose weight and tone up.

STEP 1: eat 1 bowl of Fiber One cereal every day
    STEP 2: exercise hard and smart
    STEP 3: eat according to MFP recommendations

This is how Fiber One cereal works for me... :D

• JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like Corn Flakes, Special K, and Quaker oatmeal (just plain oats :smile: )
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I love the special k chocolate strawberry cereal :)

Also love HONEYCOMB! The calorie count in it really isn't that high. 1 1/2 cups has 130. I put some almond milk over it...bam. Delicious. Also room left for bacon or maybe even some pancakes or waffles because counting calories rocks :D