Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    @ForecasterJason
    The reason it seems ridiculous to you about the concept of how hard it is to do what you are talking about is because reading it and doing it are completely different. When you try it a few times, you outlook changes.
    Well, maybe you are right then.

Personally, I am not that far right now from the starting stats I mentioned in that example. For all intents and purposes, I would be considered a complete beginner in consistent weight training. For my entire life I have always been very lean. At this point, I am trying to do a slow bulk. I don't expect to be putting on 20 pounds in the next year at the pace I'm going. But because of my age, muscle/fat ratio, and perhaps other factors, I have been blessed with a lightning fast metabolism right now. I know it will slow down as I get older, and for that reason I am hesitant to slow it down by gaining unnecessary body fat right now. This is why I do believe (for me, at least) gaining muscle on a slow bulk is hard, and why I am setting my expectations low.

But clearly, I seem to be an outlier in this thinking.

If your metabolism is fast like you state then it's not not hard to bulk, you just have to ear more and train properly.

And that is the fun part :D. Not as easy as it sounds

Speak for yourself! :stuck_out_tongue: I'm a bottomless pit. Even when I'm stuffed I can keep eating. Granted, I filled my protein and my micros then ate whatever fit my macros (cheesecake, pizza, ice cream, pop tarts, cookies, etc.).

:D:D:D
    I get to the point at night I am sitting on my couch stuffed.....it sucks.
    I know there are days when I would be so crazy at work that I would come home at 8pm and have 2 meals still with me that I didn't have the time to eat. I would have never thought I would catch myself saying "Damn I have to eat how many calories for dessert?" "2 pop tart ice cream sandwiches?". First world problems.

it is nice to know that even after dinner I still have enough calories for two servings of talenti and some cookies….
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    @ForecasterJason
    The reason it seems ridiculous to you about the concept of how hard it is to do what you are talking about is because reading it and doing it are completely different. When you try it a few times, you outlook changes.

Personally, I am not that far right now from the starting stats I mentioned in that example. For all intents and purposes, I would be considered a complete beginner in consistent weight training. For my entire life I have always been very lean. At this point, I am trying to do a slow bulk. I don't expect to be putting on 20 pounds in the next year at the pace I'm going. But because of my age, muscle/fat ratio, and perhaps other factors, I have been blessed with a lightning fast metabolism right now. I know it will slow down as I get older, and for that reason I am hesitant to slow it down by gaining unnecessary body fat right now. This is why I do believe (for me, at least) gaining muscle on a slow bulk is hard, and why I am setting my expectations low.

If your metabolism is fast like you state then it's not not hard to bulk, you just have to ear more and train properly.

Speak for yourself! :stuck_out_tongue: I'm a bottomless pit. Even when I'm stuffed I can keep eating. Granted, I filled my protein and my micros then ate whatever fit my macros (cheesecake, pizza, ice cream, pop tarts, cookies, etc.).

I know there are days when I would be so crazy at work that I would come home at 8pm and have 2 meals still with me that I didn't have the time to eat. I would have never thought I would catch myself saying "Damn I have to eat how many calories for dessert?" "2 pop tart ice cream sandwiches?". First world problems.

it is nice to know that even after dinner I still have enough calories for two servings of talenti and some cookies….

Talenti Southern Butter Pecan for me last night.

Yeah, I'm in the bottomless pit category. I have to take a 3-mile walk at lunch to up my TDEE a bit so I can eat more.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

Ahhhh this is me... it's like a mission some days. Last night I kept adding Reeces pieces to my ice cream to up the calorie count! Boo-hoo for me, right? :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    @ForecasterJason

Yeah, I'm in the bottomless pit category. I have to take a 3-mile walk at lunch to up my TDEE a bit so I can eat more.

have you tried the new raspberry cheesecake =freaking heavenly!!!
  • PwrLftr82
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

have you tried the new raspberry cheesecake =freaking heavenly!!!

Oooohhhh...no! I'm going to have to look for it. Unfortunately BJs only carries like 4 flavors, so I gotta wait for a sale and Stop&Shop. The rate I go through that stuff, I should buy stock.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    NDJ, you never accepted the invitation to my ice cream and gelato group. Loser.

Pwr, I will send you one.

YES! I'm all in!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    NDJ, you never accepted the invitation to my ice cream and gelato group. Loser.

Pwr, I will send you one.

I am pretty sure that I did ....

I think when the new site switched over I lost it ....
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

What are your maintenance calories at out of curiosity.?
    Based on what I've been eating, I think around 2100-2200. MFP suggests about 1950, but I think that's a little too low.

• PwrLftr82
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

Based on what I've been eating, I think around 2100-2200. MFP suggests about 1950, but I think that's a little too low.

I agree, that sounds low. I'm a 5'6", 125 lb female, 16% body fat, with a sedentary job and my maintenance is closer to 2200-2300.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

Holy *kitten*! What are your stats? I maintain at 2600. I'm a 29 year old, female, 5'9",190 pounds and 23% body fat. MFP has me around 2200.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and only 5'8" 120 pounds with 8% body fat. I am sedentary most of the day, which is most likely why my maintenance/appetite is where it is.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and only 5'8" 120 pounds with 8% body fat. I am sedentary most of the day, which is most likely why my maintenance/appetite is where it is.

Just eat and lift heavy things
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

Holy *kitten*! What are your stats? I maintain at 2600. I'm a 29 year old, female, 5'9",190 pounds and 23% body fat. MFP has me around 2200.

You're friggin amazing. Can I be you when I grow up? (Even though I'm 3 years older than you LOL)
  • usmcmp
    Options

Eat all the food and lift all the weights. You have very low lean mass for your height. Get on a quality hypertrophy program and start eating at a surplus. You don't have to go wild, but start increasing your calorie intake until you start gaining. If you stall then increase it more.
  • usmcmp
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

You're friggin amazing. Can I be you when I grow up? (Even though I'm 3 years older than you LOL)

:blush: I just like lifting :heart_eyes:

And eating.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    @ForecasterJason

me too!!!! ( even I am 8 years older then you)

MrM27, Pwr and usmcmp you are all so amazing!!!!

I am also a bottomless pit and a binge eater and work at a desk job! currently bulking so it's great I can eat more... but there are days I wish I can eat more!