Should I or Shouldn't I?

Options
I have 847 calories for the day in my 1200 calorie diet and I am going to work out later and I will only eat a small dinner (probably fruit or veggies.. There is a hot dog vendor outside who sells jalapeno stuffed pork hot dogs.... it seems like I can budget it in there but I don't know how many exact calories are in there? Should I eat it or not?

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Go for it!! If you are working out, then you are supposed to be eating back your exercise calories. I am sure it will fit. You will just have to look it up in the database and do an estimation.

Either way with only eating 1200 calories, I bet you will still be in a deficit after done with eating and working out for the day. 1200 is the lowest.
  • legowrangler
    legowrangler Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Yea cause they smell so good and I want to treat myself
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I vote for eat it.
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Go for it!! If you are working out, then you are supposed to be eating back your exercise calories. I am sure it will fit. You will just have to look it up in the database and do an estimation.

Either way with only eating 1200 calories, I bet you will still be in a deficit after done with eating and working out for the day. 1200 is the lowest.

I agree....I say eat it!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you can fit it into your calories for the day, go for it.
  • serialmahogany
    serialmahogany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, they sound delicious!!!!
    Doesn't look like they are that many calories that you wouldnt burn off in your workout.
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-oscar-mayer-hot-dogs-i320519
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it too! I've been able to squeeze in some stuff myself on my journey to a slimmer me. While I realize that if I wouldn't have done that then I might have possibly been closer to my goal weight (maybe? maybe not?), I feel that occasionally treating yourself to something that isn't normally in your diet doesn't hurt you in the long run and helps when you are craving it too.

Working out later will help too. Personally I don't eat back my exercise calories, but having them gives you a good buffer too.

Now you got me thinking about how good a corn dog would taste! lol
  • romachel1978
    romachel1978 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree. If it isn't something you do all the time and you have the room for it, ENJOY !!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Not. I'll be the lone wolf.

You don't know the calories, you might end up hungry later.

But it's up to you. If you really want to eat it, then do that.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Sure. Your calorie goal is most likely too low anyways, so if you wind up going over without meaning to it will probably do your body good.

You don't get fat from one day of eating.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I would not. That's my personal choice. But it's entirely up to. Let us know what you decide
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If I can't track it, I'm not eating it. My goals are too important for me to just say "it should" fit my calories. So I say, no.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I can't track it, I'm not eating it. My goals are too important for me to just say "it should" fit my calories. So I say, no.

Sad post is sad.

ETA:you know everything you log isn't 100% accurate right? I mean, you could pick a wrong entry in the database, not account for an extra lick of ketchup, your avacado might have had a small bad spot on it you threw away, the nutrition facts on foods have a several calorie margin for error.

Life isn't perfect. Your macros and calorie count don't always have to be either AND you can still be successful. Doesn't mean your goals aren't important because you want a hot dog that you might have to guess the calories for.

I know for a fact I guessed every time I ate out for sushi or at a restaurant that didn't have items in the database and there's not an ounce of regret for it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, but mainly because it sounds gross.
  • legowrangler
    Options
    I ate it but I will probably only eat celery and hummus for dinner and it says I have 500 + calories left so I have some wiggle room :smiley: thanks guys
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That dinner sounds... sad! Glad you're happy with your decision though, go kill it in the gym :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I ate it but I will probably only eat celery and hummus for dinner and it says I have 500 + calories left so I have some wiggle room :smiley: thanks guys

If you have 500 calories left over (give or take) then why no just eat a real meal for dinner? You can get a protein, veg and carb meal in for that amount.

• legowrangler
    Options
    Gym is actually in front of my desk
  • legowrangler
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

If you have 500 calories left over (give or take) then why no just eat a real meal for dinner? You can get a protein, veg and carb meal in for that amount.
    I get home late so I don't want a heavy meal that late

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to focus on protein if you have only had 300 or cals today and don't plan on anything except fruit/veggies for dinner. If that is the case, there are better things to eat in my opinion.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have 847 calories for the day in my 1200 calorie diet and I am going to work out later and I will only eat a small dinner (probably fruit or veggies.. There is a hot dog vendor outside who sells jalapeno stuffed pork hot dogs.... it seems like I can budget it in there but I don't know how many exact calories are in there? Should I eat it or not?

If you are Jewish, don't do it.