Favorite Snacks You Have Abandoned haha

Options
12346»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Chips of any kind. I hadn't had them in months. Then my son brought some home from the store he works at == he said, "They're organic so they're OK." A half a bag and 2 lbs. on the scale later, I was very, very sorry.
  • beckyjopdx
    beckyjopdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I gave up Canadian cuisine.

Wait, Canada has a cuisine right?

Poutine, maple sugar cookies, and beer...

false, poutine is hockey cuisine. ;)

Hey, it's not just for breakfast anymore you know!
    While Founders Breakfast Stout IS!

I had one version in Maine, the fries were fried in duck fat. The gravy was made from duck fat. The curds were made from raw milk.

oh, duck confit, yes. I make my own and store it in the fridge for just this treat....totally worth every calorie/fat....all the nom.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    BaltarVK wrote: »
    Once I started counting calories, the days of me grabbing a Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tart were over. I used to grab a package (2 pastries) and snack on that. Then I saw this:

Calories 420
    Calories from Fat 126
    Total Fat 14g

It was nice knowing ya Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tarts lol I didn't like em THAT much. :D

Why in the heck would I cut out something I love? Never would I deprive myself like that...smh.

I love when people respond when they obviously don't read the whole thing. I think it's pretty clear from how I wrote it that I wasn't loving the things. I even said I didn't like em THAT much meaning..they were more a snack of convenience. Here's my own "SMH" now. sheesh

But yeah, cutting out crap that you don't love is a smart thing to to. There's no food I couldn't live without. I'm stronger than any one craving.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    It is possible to be in both "camps" here.

I haven't technically "given up" anything. I'm firmly entrenched in the IIFYM school.

But "If if fits" means something. You have to make choices. Fit Jruzer can't eat everything fat Jruzer used to eat. I used to eat Pop Tarts every morning for breakfast. But the way my macros work out now, if I ate Pop Tarts today I wouldn't be able to fit in the ice cream and beer that I love. So I don't really eat Pop Tarts any more.

It's the same with other foods: I haven't foresworn anything, but I find there are many things I used to eat that I just don't bother to make room for, because there are other things I want more:
    - Candy
    - Prepackaged bakery items like Swiss cake rolls
    - Takeout meals
    - Chips
    - Breakfast cereal
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Early on in this journey I made a pact with myself that I would deprive myself of nothing. I did not want to set up deprivation - binge cycles. On the other hand, education has me choosing differently most of the time. When I do indulge in a former favourite food, I restrict the portion so it stays comfortably in my limits for the day. So cheezies aren't nearly as appealing as they once were, and watermelon is much more so!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    - Prepackaged bakery items like Swiss cake rolls

This. I never really liked them that much to begin with. I get a weird greasy mouth feel from this kind of stuff, and yet I was known to polish off more than a few at a time. Same thing with those Entenmanns boxed donut holes.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I try to limit candy bars, nuts, chips
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    It is possible to be in both "camps" here.

I haven't technically "given up" anything. I'm firmly entrenched in the IIFYM school.

But "If if fits" means something. You have to make choices. Fit Jruzer can't eat everything fat Jruzer used to eat. I used to eat Pop Tarts every morning for breakfast. But the way my macros work out now, if I ate Pop Tarts today I wouldn't be able to fit in the ice cream and beer that I love. So I don't really eat Pop Tarts any more.

This!!
    I've not totally eliminated anything, but certain things just aren't worth the opportunity costs (or exercise) for me. I probably eat up to 300 calories of non-nutritional foods per day, but I choose those carefully.

The three biggest cuts for me have been peanut butter, alcohol and kraft mac and cheese.