Carb-Loaded Documentary Film

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm devastated to learn that eating less and exercising more hasn't improved my health.

Why do you say that?

Science.

If you keep doing this I'm going to have to "friend" you.

lol.

*no one* likes me, except for my friends. heh.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    In for the fun :D
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Well its worked for me. 4 years I've been on myfitnesspal, 4 years of watching my carbs. Lost 160 pounds, And I dont have to kill myself in the gym, I can exercise when I want to and moderately. Im healthy and see processed junk food with no nutritional value can be consumed by some along with a healthy diet, its just cant be the healthy part of your healthy diet. Because our 'diet' is whatever we chose to consume. Some people can handle having junk food in moderation. Others of us who have had a bad relationship with food, mentally cannot handle it, or often times physically can not handle it because of the response our bodies give when consuming that crap. Who will deny You are what you eat, you eat junk, your health will be junk. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually it will catch up with you.

Context and dosage is very important.

Personally, I would rather develop a healthier relationship with my food than try to not only cut half of it out, but then espouse that mentality to other people as if it were a healthy option. But that's just me.

cd0d59453dae2cc9f0a3a37fc12a4c30.jpg

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Well its worked for me. 4 years I've been on myfitnesspal, 4 years of watching my carbs. Lost 160 pounds, And I dont have to kill myself in the gym, I can exercise when I want to and moderately. Im healthy and see processed junk food with no nutritional value can be consumed by some along with a healthy diet, its just cant be the healthy part of your healthy diet. Because our 'diet' is whatever we chose to consume. Some people can handle having junk food in moderation. Others of us who have had a bad relationship with food, mentally cannot handle it, or often times physically can not handle it because of the response our bodies give when consuming that crap. Who will deny You are what you eat, you eat junk, your health will be junk. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually it will catch up with you.

And the award for the most passive aggressive statement goes toooooooooo...

pvm6j1ansad9.gif

OP!!!!!!

I'm waiting anxiously, with my tinfoil hat on, for the horrible, terrible unspeakable things that will be done to me (sounds dirty)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    NOTE: If you search, tart, unspeakable things, sounds dirty....this may or may not be what 'pops' up as a result.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Fed Up is a joke... so much bro-science in that film it's ungodly. I'm sorry you watch these type of documentaries and think you actually learn something. Send me a check for $200.00 and I'll tell you the secret to Hogwarts School of Magic.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen seen this? They are having free showing on fmtv on Friday-Sunday. My husband and I plan on watching it. We have already seen Food Matters, Hungry for Change, Fed Up, Food Inc. and a whole list of other food and health documentaries. Nice to see accurate information being distributed instead of this "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage.

so your saying that I did it wrong???

hmmm and I lost 50 pounds doing it that way ….
  • ndj1979
    Options

congratulations..you replaced high calorie foods (carbs) with low calorie foods = calorie deficit…

for the record there is no "crap" food..there is food that we use for energy ..

just because you can't moderate certain foods does not make them "crap" ….it means you have issue with self control...
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You know, in these threads I usually like to compliment the best gif, but I already can't decide! The Boo one is hysterical, but the guy being thrown from the car is genius.

I know I really don't need to comment to OP, but...seriously?! Let me guess, you're an anti-vaxxer too.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like she might have an eating issue. I'm no doctor by any means, but, sounds like a fear of relapse from a previous life of eating. You did something to gain 160+ lbs. (eat a lot of high calories foods.... chocolate, pizza, pasta, etc.) and now you're scared it will happen again due to no self control.

Just like Ndj stated.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Important pieces highlighted in bold. OP, just because you have a lousy relationship with food doesn't mean that everyone who does not and is able to enjoy all foods in moderation is less healthy than you are, or that they kill themselves in the gym to make up for it. Stop projecting your own issues on everyone else and work through them with a therapist.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Nice to see accurate information being distributed instead of this "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage.

So I've been doing it all wrong all this time?

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

congratulations..you replaced high calorie foods (carbs) with low calorie foods = calorie deficit…

just because you can't moderate certain foods does not make them "crap" ….it means you have issue with self control...

Uh no, not quite. I ate way over what MFP suggested that I should eat to be calorie deficient to lose weight. For example MFP said I needed to eat 1500 calories, I ate 2200, High Fat diet, and lost weight. Foods that have highly addictive chemicals put in them to make you crave and want them, some people may be more sensitive to these things that others, congratulations if you are not one of those folks. But some of us, will trigger intense cravings and other bad side effects.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Physics has failed us all!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,911 Member
    Options

Uh no, not quite. I ate way over what MFP suggested that I should eat to be calorie deficient to lose weight. For example MFP said I needed to eat 1500 calories, I ate 2200, High Fat diet, and lost weight. Foods that have highly addictive chemicals put in them to make you crave and want them, some people may be more sensitive to these things that others, congratulations if you are not one of those folks. But some of us, will trigger intense cravings and other bad side effects.
    What are these highly addictive added chemicals?

• ndj1979
    Options

so you ate 700 calories over maintenance and lost weight??????????????????
  • dbmata
    Options

What are these highly addictive added chemicals?

anything with an -ose or an -ol, obviously. lol.