Carb-Loaded Documentary Film

Options

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You know they say your brain can do ok without carbs. But .... evidence suggests otherwise.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Well its worked for me. 4 years I've been on myfitnesspal, 4 years of watching my carbs. Lost 160 pounds, And I dont have to kill myself in the gym, I can exercise when I want to and moderately. Im healthy and see processed junk food with no nutritional value can be consumed by some along with a healthy diet, its just cant be the healthy part of your healthy diet. Because our 'diet' is whatever we chose to consume. Some people can handle having junk food in moderation. Others of us who have had a bad relationship with food, mentally cannot handle it, or often times physically can not handle it because of the response our bodies give when consuming that crap. Who will deny You are what you eat, you eat junk, your health will be junk. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually it will catch up with you.

congratulations..you replaced high calorie foods (carbs) with low calorie foods = calorie deficit…

for the record there is no "crap" food..there is food that we use for energy ..

just because you can't moderate certain foods does not make them "crap" ….it means you have issue with self control...

Uh no, not quite. I ate way over what MFP suggested that I should eat to be calorie deficient to lose weight. For example MFP said I needed to eat 1500 calories, I ate 2200, High Fat diet, and lost weight. Foods that have highly addictive chemicals put in them to make you crave and want them, some people may be more sensitive to these things that others, congratulations if you are not one of those folks. But some of us, will trigger intense cravings and other bad side effects.

so you ate 700 calories over maintenance and lost weight??????????????????

Guessing that the calculated calorie deficit for MFP was not done correctly, or was wrong for her.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,911 Member
    Options
    Well its worked for me. 4 years I've been on myfitnesspal, 4 years of watching my carbs. Lost 160 pounds, And I dont have to kill myself in the gym, I can exercise when I want to and moderately. Im healthy and see processed junk food with no nutritional value can be consumed by some along with a healthy diet, its just cant be the healthy part of your healthy diet. Because our 'diet' is whatever we chose to consume. Some people can handle having junk food in moderation. Others of us who have had a bad relationship with food, mentally cannot handle it, or often times physically can not handle it because of the response our bodies give when consuming that crap. Who will deny You are what you eat, you eat junk, your health will be junk. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually it will catch up with you.

congratulations..you replaced high calorie foods (carbs) with low calorie foods = calorie deficit…

just because you can't moderate certain foods does not make them "crap" ….it means you have issue with self control...

Uh no, not quite. I ate way over what MFP suggested that I should eat to be calorie deficient to lose weight. For example MFP said I needed to eat 1500 calories, I ate 2200, High Fat diet, and lost weight. Foods that have highly addictive chemicals put in them to make you crave and want them, some people may be more sensitive to these things that others, congratulations if you are not one of those folks. But some of us, will trigger intense cravings and other bad side effects.

Probably still in a deficit.....most people I see around here jump right to the max allowed by this site and then eat less....wait.....then they complain they don't lose weight, i guess I'm wrong...carry on.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »

Guessing that the calculated calorie deficit for MFP was not done correctly, or was wrong for him.

agreed ...just trying to show the lunacy of that statement.
  • eatmindfully
    eatmindfully Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I hadn't heard of it but looks like something I would like to see
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Guessing that the calculated calorie deficit for MFP was not done correctly, or was wrong for him.

Or, something we wouldn't see often... over estimation in logging for a consistent period.
  • Basilin
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

What are these highly addictive added chemicals?

anything with an -ose or an -ol, obviously. lol.

OBJECTION. phenol is not addictive. At least not for long. :smiling_imp:

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

We need to get you to a laboratory ASAP. Clearly MFP numbers are 100% accurate and your calorie counting was totally without error and you learned what your BMR was and you defied the laws of conservation of energy and thermodynamics. You take more fuel than you spend and you lose mass!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying there is a one size fits all diet. I'm saying that for some, who try to just eat what they want, but stay within their calorie range, and continue to have health issues, problems with diabetes, food addiction, or just can't lose weight. There is other options out there. Eat less and Exercise more has been pushed for years, along with the Crazy Food Pyramid that has NEVER been tested to see if it really makes people healthier to follow it. People are terrified of fat, and think that restricting calories is the only option to lose weight. And the obesity rate has continued to climb. Cancer, and heart disease continue climb, and we have a new generation of people that are metabolically sick.
    Eat less and exercise more doesn't work for everyone, just like my choice of how to eat, doesn't work for everyone either. I'm just saying there are other options for those who want to see what other options are available to lose weight.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Love me some carbs. Especially bagels. But not the crappy "bread that has a hole in it" bagels. Need me some fire oven baked bagels from Montreal. Now those are addictive in the best way possible
  • dbmata
    Options

I was thinking more ethanol and to a lesser extent methanol, but yeah... you're right about phenol. Many garments in the dresser have holes from phenol.
  • dbmata
    Options

We need to get you to a laboratory ASAP. Clearly MFP numbers are 100% accurate and your calorie counting was totally without error and you learned what your BMR was and you defied the laws of conservation of energy and thermodynamics. You take more fuel than you spend and you lose mass!

Yes.

8960edf56335f10e708f0ebb11a32550.jpg
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @Alisha_countrymama - Dr. Atkins!! You're alive again!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm sorry but it is hard to take this seriously - "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy garbage". Is this trolling? I totally understand that some people enjoy low-carb and it works for them and I'm not going to talk them out of it. Most low-carb advocates/posters still say that they also eat less and exercise. This is a new one. Should I be waiting for the "eat low carb, stuff your face and be at one with your couch diet".
  • Basilin
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm not saying there is a one size fits all diet. I'm saying that for some, who try to just eat what they want, but stay within their calorie range, and continue to have health issues, problems with diabetes, food addiction, or just can't lose weight. There is other options out there. Eat less and Exercise more has been pushed for years, along with the Crazy Food Pyramid that has NEVER been tested to see if it really makes people healthier to follow it. People are terrified of fat, and think that restricting calories is the only option to lose weight. And the obesity rate has continued to climb. Cancer, and heart disease continue climb, and we have a new generation of people that are metabolically sick.
    Eat less and exercise more doesn't work for everyone, just like my choice of how to eat, doesn't work for everyone either. I'm just saying there are other options for those who want to see what other options are available to lose weight.

I know what you mean. :smile:

But, eat less and exercise more is a component of living a healthier lifestyle. Basically, you can't go wrong as far as health goes by doing this. Perhaps you'll need to make other adjustments and have very particular dietary restrictions or changes to lose weight, but overall, exercising more and eating less (especially less refined/processed foods) is one of the most important things you can do.

• dbmata
    Options
    @NextPage
    What is hard to believe about the concept of eating less and exercising more makes you healthier?

If someone is overweight, are they healthy on average? Nope.
    If they eat less, will they lose weight on average? Yes.
    If they move more, will that aid in losing weight and building a better body on average? Yes.

So, could you explain your position as to how:
    NextPage wrote:
    I'm sorry but it hard to take this seriously "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage. Is this trolling?
    ... you believe that.
  • Basilin
    edited October 2014
    Options

I was thinking more ethanol and to a lesser extent methanol, but yeah... you're right about phenol. Many garments in the dresser have holes from phenol.

Methanol?? Methanol is put into "pure" ethanol to discourage consumption (and ethanol is almost impossible to distill to 100%). I had the pleasure of working with "food grade" ethanol in college. It was amazing when I had to go get it from the stock room. To carry it across campus I was instructed to "hide" it so no one would notice, and got sideways glances from the stock room personnel whenever I'd request it. :joy:

• dbmata
    Options
    methanol is always a concern for me, since I tinker with distillation.

I was sat down once for a very serious conversation. I was told in no uncertain terms, that if I begin experiencing methanol poisoning symptoms, to start drinking everclear, stat. lol.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    @NextPage
    What is hard to believe about the concept of eating less and exercising more makes you healthier?

If someone is overweight, are they healthy on average? Nope.
    If they eat less, will they lose weight on average? Yes.
    If they move more, will that aid in losing weight and building a better body on average? Yes.

So, could you explain your position as to how:
    NextPage wrote:
    I'm sorry but it hard to take this seriously "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage. Is this trolling?
    ... you believe that.

I don't believe they were saying they believe "eat less exercise more, makes you healthy" garbage. I believe they asked if the individuals spewing that were trolling....

That's how I read it.