If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?

Options
13»

Replies

• fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wear sunscreen.

More seriously:

Nothing that happens in high school matters, go for it, if you *kitten* up it won't matter in 2 years, if you succeed you'll remember for a lifetime.

I know you think you want to go into IT as a career, you don't. I don't know what you SHOULD pick, but skip that.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Don't get fat.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Don't even get started smoking.
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    stop dumbing yourself down for dumb boys! wtf is your problem kid!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Spend as much time as you can with family... They won't be here forever. Also, Listen to your mother. She knows what she is talking about!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stop hating yourself. Learn to love and respect yourself and live for you.
  • DevilsNegu
    DevilsNegu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid and let people tell u how to be. Be u!!!!!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    WW_Jude wrote: »
    NEVER pay attention to medical people who say "It's going to be your normal....learn to live with it." Keep fighting until you find your diagnosis.

Amen! You NEVER give up! You keep fighting! There is always someone out there who can and will help you, you just have to keep fighting.

As for me, I would tell myself that when I went into labor, and they refused to call Dr. Hinton, fight. Fight hard. Rip the I.V out of your arm if you have to, and tear those bands off of your stomach. Raise so much hell that he IS called, and not 12 hours after you've been in labor, before that needle is put in your back. Don't let them do it. It's not going to work. They're going to try 7 different times, and bruise your back severely for nothing. You will be neglected. The things you will go through are unimaginable. Push to get your doctor there. Get that I.V back in your arm and go to sleep. Have a c-section. Be able to remember your child's first year of life. Don't live in terror of ever becoming pregnant again.

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stop. Eating. All. The. Food.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That timing is everything.. I timed lot's of things bad - still dealing with it..
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OMG I would have to give myself a lecture, but the best piece of advice would be 'don't settle for second best in anything or anyone ever'... That would probably have made my life turn out very differently!

Also no crash dieting and get fit NOW!!