Do you feel bad/guilty when you miss a planned workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Why is it that people look for things to feel guilty about?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Some people are just conditioned to feel guilty about everything. I am, and it's something I've been trying to get over.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    What was that joke I was told once by a man of the cloth...
    "Born Catholic, guilty by the grace of God."

lol.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I missed one on Tuesday b/c I got slammed at work.. Now I wish I had gone

Whenever I skip a workout, I get so mad at myself! I totally know how you feel. I always think to myself, why didn't I just go? It's only an hour! Don't beat yourself up. It happens to the best of us...some days you just aren't going to be able to go. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    thump418 wrote: »
    If I don't work out I feel guilty and automatically feel like I am going to go back to the way I was. this is probably the biggest hurdle that I have.

^this is exactly what I was getting at.

I think 'disappointed' is more appropriate than 'guilt'. I take a lot of pride in my work that when it gets busy I will skip my lunch (a.k.a. workout) to get the work done rather than take the much needed break to de-stress. I know work will always be there and I need to make sure I take care of me…

8931969.png

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have one planned tomorrow that I think I'm going to miss in order to remain sane and prepare for a trip on Friday. I feel guilty because I definitely won't finish all my fitness work by the end of the week :/ Usually if I miss I can think ahead and make it up. I'm missing chest this week...I guess I'll survive.
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    I never miss a planned workout. Hence the word "planned". :D:D I might have to alter it, though.

Well done!
  • Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel upset if I do.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I almost never miss my long weekend hike in the hills. I think I need it to stay sane. On the other hand, I skip the gym fairly often - like tonight, for example.
    -
    I don't feel guilty, but I definitely don't feel good about it, because even when I don't THINK I feel like working out, I always feel better once I'm actually doing it. Working out energizes me and melts the stress away. It's kind of dumb and lazy of me not to, because I KNOW I would have felt better if I'd gone. :\