What food do you wish was available where you live?

Options
Are there any foods that you hear other MFPers talk about that you're a little jealous of? Something you would like to try but is difficult to get your hands on at home?

Id really like to be able to have the little pre packed bags of prepared baby carrots that Americans have. They're so adorable and convenient.

I'd also like to try some of the bread options we don't have available in Aus. Especially Ezekiel bread.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots
    Anything pillsbury
    EasyCheeze
    Arbys
    Popeyes
    Red Lobster (the bircuits in particular)
    Land of Lakes french onion dip
    Cheese curds
    Pepperjack cheese
    Cherry Coke Zero

... I should just move back to the States.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    horse and decent latino food of any non-island type.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Prawn flavor crisps and Tim Tams. Oh wait, probably a good thing I can't get either one!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fromage blanc/fromage frais. I really miss it!
  • nicor44
    nicor44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had Kebab flavor-coated peanuts when I was in Amsterdam. Those were amazing.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I don't usually get jealous of the foods that Americans have. I feel lucky to live in Montreal, one of the world's best cities for foodies.

...I do get jealous of all the *information* they have about their food, mind you. Here, a restaurant that provides nutritional information on meals is rarer than a Jewish pope.

...I'm also jealous of France. Period.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday, Pumpkin KitKats.

And vanilla Coke Zero.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Massachusetts and now live in Colorado so...lobster...steamers...real clam chowder...great pizza...tasty Chinese food...amazing Italian food...the list goes ON AND ON!
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I moved and no longer have easy access to tropical fruits. I miss guava so much! And really cheap sushi - not a fruit clearly, but I miss it all the same.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I used to work summers in Wisconsin, and I miss the entire cheese aisle at Woodman's! I swear, it's the size of a small convenience store, just for cheese :(
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well, nothing that gets talked about on MFP. But I do wish I could get some Cevap with kajmak from Bosnia
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    jaffa-cakes.jpg

This island needs a Taco Bell, too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Crunchy Granola bars, Apple Crisp flavor. I have to order the damn things now.

Other than that, I can get whatever I want.

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have seen these in Mexico and Los Angeles but not in my city. I haven't really looked.

imagejpg1_zps28041116.jpg
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Massachusetts and now live in Colorado so...lobster...steamers...real clam chowder...great pizza...tasty Chinese food...amazing Italian food...the list goes ON AND ON!

Connecticut to Montana, here...I miss fresh seafood!!! And all ethnic food. The china buffet (ICK!!!) is about the most ethnic I can get here. Would kill for some Ethiopian or Thai...or Chinese, Korean, Italian...oooh, Italian pastry...I would kill for a cannoli!!! On second thought, probably best I can't get any of that here.
    :|
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good Indian cuisine. Wish for a Whole Foods store! Wish for fresh local mangos, pineapples and papaya!
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I keep getting recipes from my Aussie friends that involve kangaroo mince. I will never be able to make those sweet Roo gainz living in new jersey.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head:
    - sour cherries
    - pickled tomatoes and cauliflowers that aren't sweet
    - real covrigi (pretzels don't compare)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    We don't have any of those sugar free syrups or alot of the other "diet" products Americans have. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Some times I think it would be nice to have a sugar free syrup for my coffee but I'm just as happy to have NO artificial sweetners. Too many chemicals.

What I do wish was available here is spaghette squash. Used to be able to get it when I was a kid, but now I can't find it anywhere.