Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

NBA anyone? Who's your team?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Lol, my friend who has Warriors season tickets posted that he has 2 seats for sale. Only $2070 each. Hahahaha.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    What irritates me is that Lebron didn't have to go through concussion protocol after a head injury, yet of course Klay and Stephen did when they both got head injuries. Where's the consistency?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Game 5!!!! Let's go DUBS!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! DUBS are tough to beat at home and the CAVS tried to play the Warriors way. And it worked for a few, but when your team relies solely on one player, all that running up and down the court is eventually going to tire them out. Good game Lebron, but you can't score 100 by yourself.
    If the Warriors score 101 points, they are likely to win. Hoping that we get it on Tuesday night!!!!!!!!

And right now I have Iguodala as the MVP of the series.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! DUBS are tough to beat at home and the CAVS tried to play the Warriors way. And it worked for a few, but when your team relies solely on one player, all that running up and down the court is eventually going to tire them out. Good game Lebron, but you can't score 100 by yourself.
    If the Warriors score 101 points, they are likely to win. Hoping that we get it on Tuesday night!!!!!!!!

If LBJ has another triple double in the next game and the Cavs still lose, would you be okay with James receiving MVP?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

If LBJ has another triple double in the next game and the Cavs still lose, would you be okay with James receiving MVP?
    I'd be disappointed if the Cavs lost the series and James winning the MVP. He's the best player in the league for sure, but one man isn't a team and if teams that lose series get the MVP, then IMO that's a disrespect to the players on the winning team. Every team has an MVP and the winning team deserves the honor despite great numbers from an opposition. Does Tom Brady get the MVP for the Superbowl win when his team loses despite having much better statistics than the winning opposing quarterback? Or a great pitcher pitching a perfect game a couple of times, yet his team loses the series?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

I'd be disappointed if the Cavs lost the series and James winning the MVP. He's the best player in the league for sure, but one man isn't a team and if teams that lose series get the MVP, then IMO that's a disrespect to the players on the winning team. Every team has an MVP and the winning team deserves the honor despite great numbers from an opposition. Does Tom Brady get the MVP for the Superbowl win when his team loses despite having much better statistics than the winning opposing quarterback? Or a great pitcher pitching a perfect game a couple of times, yet his team loses the series?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's why I was asking. I do disagree, but I see the point you're making. My thinking is just that if you're declaring the Most Valuable Player, GS can change out 2 or 3 players who have been the most valuable for their team. If you take LBJ off of the Cavs, this series ended in 4 games, easy.

That's my only argument. It makes sense to me though.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's why I was asking. I do disagree, but I see the point you're making. My thinking is just that if you're declaring the Most Valuable Player, GS can change out 2 or 3 players who have been the most valuable for their team. If you take LBJ off of the Cavs, this series ended in 4 games, easy.

That's my only argument. It makes sense to me though.
    No doubt. James is having a historical series and is cementing his place as one of the best ever. However that's as an individual player on a team that's not won a championship. It's like Peyton Manning of the NFL. Definite Hall of Famer, but only 1 SB win even after breaking numerous quarterbacking records that will stand for awhile, while playing on teams that have had the ability to win it all. If the CAVS lose this series, James will be 2-4 in NBA Finals even with outstanding performances in all of those too.
    It would be a great consolation prize for James if he did get the MVP, but then to me that's disrespecting to the Warriors if they end up winning the series. Lol, even in sports there's politics.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This could come down to a game 7. I still don't think James has enough help and Golden State wins. He has played like a beast though.
    I wouldn't doubt it. I love the idea of the Warriors coming home on Friday to play for the fans one more time. I don't like the idea of leaving it up to a game 7 to decide it. As a fan, I want it to end tonight and just have them come home with the trophy. The SF GIANTS have already done it for the Bay Area 7 months ago on the opponents turf, so to have another championship happen again would be great.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    San Antonio and Houston

I hate watching the NBA though. I think it's the most crooked sport in the world, next to figure skating and gymnastics.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    San Antonio and Houston

I hate watching the NBA though. I think it's the most crooked sport in the world, next to figure skating and gymnastics.
    Lol, FIFA fans would disagree.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    It's about to get crazy here in a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The WARRIORS are the NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUB NATION RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat it Charles Barkley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And anyone else who thought that King James would be the reason that the Cavs would win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    swang45 wrote: »
    Much respect to James though...can't expect any more from anybody. He gave his heart and soul out there.
    No doubt. IMO, James is the best player in the NBA........................but the Warriors are the best TEAM!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Iguodala should be the MVP! What a stellar performance by him in this series. Especially tonight!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Iguodala should be the MVP! What a stellar performance by him in this series. Especially tonight!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    And RIGHTFULLY deserved! Great job Iguodala!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Warriors_zpsu31yabva.jpg

DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member