Protein shakes...but I don't have a blender.

Options
124»

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    brimingus wrote: »
    lol also discovered the secret of water first. makes a big difference. though some will still mix well regardless

Is the water even potable where you're going? You might be better off with protein bars just in case.

could always bring bottled water, or put some water in the shaker before you leave home. wont be cold unless you plan for it, (and some bottles have built in cooling solutions), but its liquid and you can drink it.

You clearly haven't read any of this post either. :)

I don't understand, are you saying there is zero drinkable water in west Africa, that's going to suck lol. I'm sure there must be some solution for your water there.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    lol also discovered the secret of water first. makes a big difference. though some will still mix well regardless

Is the water even potable where you're going? You might be better off with protein bars just in case.

could always bring bottled water, or put some water in the shaker before you leave home. wont be cold unless you plan for it, (and some bottles have built in cooling solutions), but its liquid and you can drink it.

I don't understand, are you saying there is zero drinkable water in west Africa, that's going to suck lol. I'm sure there must be some solution for your water there.

That's because it's all filled with teh ebolaz.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

She's saying Ebola and water don't mix well without a blender
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Spoon. Cup. Problem solved.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    To give you an idea of how much you might need, I usually have a shake each day and the the one pound can of Vitamin World Whey Protein for women lasted me about one month. Also, if you use the link above and you don't see the BOGO 50% off deal for the whey powder, go to home page and click on the BOGO slide to access it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    hopefully someone travelling to Africa is a little more up on the facts about ebola
  • sautercl
    sautercl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Blender Bottles if you want a shake and don't have a blender. I also find that if you shake it up the night before, it often dissolves better after another shake in the morning. They are plastic so they're durable for travel.

There are tons of high protein bars, but I agree that the Quest ones are delicious albeit pricey. Think Thin bars are also pretty good - love the new chocolate mint one.

I have also made my own protein bars using whey protein powder. Lots of recipes on the internet, but mix with nut butter or cream cheese until it is consistency of playdough and wrap in some plastic wrap and chill. You could certainly add fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc too.
  • brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options

You just really made it sound like you hadn't read I was going to be in West Africa. The whole "home" part is what really threw me. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    I thought everybody knew to put the powder in after the liquid? How can you measure the amount of liquid your adding if you put the powder in first? A good mixer cup isn't that expensive. You can get one anywhere. I preferably like the ones with the built in mixer grid, in the lid or detachable. If you're looking for a good protein powder, Syntha6 is the best that I've ever had and I've tried a lot of them. It has a thicker consistency than any other I've used and tastes, looks and smells just like a milkshake. I preferably like the vanilla or strawberry if you can find it at most Vitamin Shops, GNC, Max Muscle or other supplement stores. It is a little more pricier than others but I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks for the taste alone. I use it as a breakfast replacement because it has 200 calories per svg. with 22gs of protein per scoop. I double it up (that's what it recommends for men twice a day).

you really bother to measure how much water goes in?

I have no idea why- but this post is so funny to me. perhaps it's late in the day.
    -
    Either way-amused.

I use almond milk/regular milk depending on what I have in my house- and since I use a mason jar- it has markings on the side- I just eye ball it and round up a half serving of what that is. It's just easier- I'm not anal retentive enough to isolate out BOTH serving sizes... I also know a flat non-tapped (settled) scoop of protein is LESS than the actually serving size for my protein (did measure them original to get a feel for what it is) only because I think they use "heaping" and I don't heap- I usually use a mostly full scoop- so I know rounding up on liquid and then using a full serving of protein (where I'm actually consuming less) I'm probably evened out.

Measuring that much stuff out is to much work. I'm a lazy lifter.