Chip Addiction!

Options
123457»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people that eat chips do it for the TEXTURE and crunch. I eat a LOT of ice because I like crunchy things. Maybe find a different option that can offer the same, but not so many calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

What else has the texture and crunch of chips? I've tried kale chips and seaweed chips. Both are okay but neither will ever take the place of chips. They are nothing at all like potato or corn chips. They lack the greasy crunchy carby awesomeness of chips.
    I'm sure there are lots of crunchy things to substitute, if it's just the crunch that people are looking for. But TASTE is a different matter. I'll agree that there isn't much of a substitute for chips, fries and thin pizza dough.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How about people taking responsibility for their actions.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    OP you don't have an addiction, you just don't have self control. When you own up to it, you are more able to succeed, but if you keep making excuses, you will never succeed.
    ^^^ so very much this!!

When you are broke, on the streets, in jail, in the hospital, selling your body or dead...then yeah its has become an addiction.

This people is simply a bad habit. One that you have control over and can stop at any time, but choose not to. Your choice.

This response makes no sense. So, smoking is not an addiction then? Alcohol or drug abuse is not something that anyone can stop or control? It's all choice. Some choices are just harder than others.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    If you want a bag of chips, go out and buy a small bag and eat it. Only one small bag, only once per day, never keeping the small bags in your house. Then, either you decide you don't want to go out to buy your small bag of chips, so you don't eat them, or you eat only one small bag per day. Doable. That is my suggestion.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    How about people taking responsibility for their actions.
    I like your Spunk!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    wow such a long thread for such a simple answer for someone who just cannot say no to chips.....Don't buy them

I think a lot of us can relate to this thread. That's why it turned so long.

I got flagged for telling the truth, how uncanny....
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The sad story of that we are convincing ourselves that we can be addicted to potatoes when actually, some of us just use this as an excuse for not wanting to use their willpower...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    The sad story of that we are convincing ourselves that we can be addicted to potatoes when actually, some of us just use this as an excuse for not wanting to use their willpower...

PSH clearly the potatoes are slowly taking over the planet 1 pack of chips at a time. Then when we're all obese, they will eat us. That's my theory.

I ate a whole 180gm bag of chips today, It fit in my calories. I will not contribute to the potato attack awaiting us. So I will eat them responsibly.. 1 massive packet at a time. Oh wait.

Hilarious!!!!