So any water fasters in here? or intermittent? NO BASHING.

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsHVaughn
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Raw?? So you chase your dinner around the yard?? Just wondering......

Think uncooked, unprocessed, mostly organic foods. Your staples: raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. Some eat unpasteurized dairy foods, raw eggs, meat, and fish.

Your food can be cold or even a little bit warm, as long as it doesn’t go above 118 degrees.

I would probably skip out on the meats though :/ Stick with seeds and nuts for protien
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    No water fast but I've tried intermittent fasting before and I've seen phenomenal results. I came off it to reset my body and I'm at it again. It's probably one of the best things considering I don't like eating that many meals anyway. It hasn't slowed down my metabolism or anything either. Win, win. :smiley:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    MrsHVaughn wrote: »

Think uncooked, unprocessed, mostly organic foods. Your staples: raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. Some eat unpasteurized dairy foods, raw eggs, meat, and fish.

Your food can be cold or even a little bit warm, as long as it doesn’t go above 118 degrees.

I would probably skip out on the meats though :/ Stick with seeds and nuts for protien

I will stick with old fashion way and cook my foods!! :wink: LOL
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Cooking chicken at 118 degrees probably might definitely absolutely will lead to a bad night in the bathroom.
  • MrsHVaughn
    MrsHVaughn Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No water fast but I've tried intermittent fasting before and I've seen phenomenal results. I came off it to reset my body and I'm at it again. It's probably one of the best things considering I don't like eating that many meals anyway. It hasn't slowed down my metabolism or anything either. Win, win. :smiley:

Well my day of nothing to do just vanished. Got called into work. Have a wonderful day everyone and best of luck on your wieght loss adventures!~ :)

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n0br6hFLlt1rmjplho5_500.gif

But hey.. it looks like it does exist...

raw_water.jpg

• MrsHVaughn
    Options

Cooking chicken at 118 degrees probably might definitely absolutely will lead to a bad night in the bathroom.

Thats why id skip the meat Lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So how are you planning on getting in sufficient protein? And if you juice, how are you planning on supplementing your fiber?
  • RubberBugggy
    RubberBugggy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There is good scientific evidence that intermittent fasting has profound health benefits. One of the scientists who has worked in this area is Dr. Krista Varady. She lists the research in her book, Every Other Day Diet. I am following this. It is the only approach that has ever worked for me.
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

So how are you planning on getting in sufficient protein? And if you juice, how are you planning on supplementing your fiber?

Im not doing that. I was saying if I did Thats what I would do.
    Im going to be doing intermittent.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    lol oh hush
    LeonCX wrote: »
    yes and don't forget garcinia cambogia!

Im not doing one. I have in the past and have done tons of reading on it. I just am curious as to what this community thinks.
    As of now Im just doing it the good ol fashion way
    But in my readings the benifits of a longer term water fast are absolutely mind blowing.

I've got some ocean front property in AZ you might be interested in.
    Oh you do not, you sold that to me! :smiley:

Mrs.H,

I did try a water fast years ago to try and lose some weight. I think I lasted one day and then was so hungry the next day that I ate everything in the house.

I think intermittent fasting is great, but that's where you refrain from food for a certain short period of time, but I believe you still adhere to your calorie goals (just eat them during a shorter time period). Someone described it upstream as not eating between 6 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. I'm sure there are great personal benefits in this.

Some people do water fasts for religious and spiritual reasons, which is pretty personal, but to do a water fast just to lose weight is a bit on the silly side (in my opinion).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A day without food won't hurt an otherwise healthy person. But it doesn't serve much purpose. It doesn't prove anything except that you can go a day without eating, which anyone can do.

I've seen some professional fasters, lol, and you know what is hard for them, the normal weight and the overweight people? Eating healthy. Eating a balanced diet of healthy food is the hardest thing of all.

Anyone can eat a box of Oreos or skip food. Learning how to eat healthy and then doing it - that is impressive.

• SLLRunner
    Options

If raw food of no to more than 118 degrees is your diet choice, then that is simply your choice. :smile: However, if you want to lose weight, you need to eat less calories than your burn no matter what type of diet you choose. Intermittent fasting is intentional and structured, and water fasting with no food is a drastic short-term solution to a long-term problem. In other words, none of us gained weight overnight, therefore we will not lose it overnight.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Intermittent. Usually eat most of my calories from 9am-2pm, then a light dinner at 5-6pm and that's it till the next morning.

• 200lb2go
    Options
    Water fasting is not an effective method of long-term weight loss, however is an excellent way to detox and take care of many health problems... I water fasted for the first time when I had a tumor in abdomen. 21 days of water fast took care of that one. The longest I have done is 29 day water fast and 9 day "dry" (no food or liquids) fast. I have not found too many places with info on water-fast in English, however there was a WaterFast forum on yaho groups few years ago. Most of my research was done from Russian sources.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Water fasting is not an effective method of long-term weight loss, however is an excellent way to detox and take care of many health problems... I water fasted for the first time when I had a tumor in abdomen. 21 days of water fast took care of that one. The longest I have done is 29 day water fast and 9 day "dry" (no food or liquids) fast. I have not found too many places with info on water-fast in English, however there was a WaterFast forum on yaho groups few years ago. Most of my research was done from Russian sources.
    There is not reason to detox.

I ask this sincerely and with absolutely no offense intended--was your tumor diagnosed by a doctor? Did your doctor prescribe a 21 day water fast? It seems to me that 21 days with just water and no food, hence no nutrients, would cause serious detrimental health issues.

Finally, it seems to me getting rid of a tumor by doing a water fast would have sent the medical community into a tailspin, so is your case documented somewhere? :smile:

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

In.

Also, I found a pile of these lying on the floor unused:

' ' ' ' ' '

(Anyone know what these are? They look vaguely familiar...like I have seen them before once upon a time.)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I would never go on a dry fast because I think water is so important to the human body. I sometimes just drink water/tea for a day when I feel I have been over indulging. I feel way better the next day