125 day positive challenge

Options

Replies

• JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    162 - Surround yourself with people whose dreams are as big as yours.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Day 57 - Today I am grateful for all the loving people in the world.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    163 - don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
  • katieflaniken
    katieflaniken Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea. I think I'll do this also! I need a little more positivity in my life as well!
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    164 - a day spent in sunshine enjoying myself, just what I needed.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea. I think I'll do this also! I need a little more positivity in my life as well!

Katie, please feel free to post here so we can all enjoy.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    This is a very good thing. I've been reading some of your posts. I plan to come back and read more. Love to see how you are doing.
    My mantra today - A huge part of losing weight is believing you can. . . . then realizing it will not happen overnight.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    @cblue, please come back! I enjoy other's contributions.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    165 - first outdoor bike ride today! Not a fast or hilly ride, just a leisure one along Onondaga Lake.
  • cblue315
    Options
    I have my first race coming up in two weeks. I did a test run today.
    It is a Duathlon. 2 mile run, 20 mile bike, 2 mile run. Today at the gym I ran 1.3 miles, did spin class then ran 1.1.

My legs were pretty wobbly for the second run. I think for the race it may be different. In spin class we really push hard the last couple of songs. I will not be pushing quite this hard for the race.

Later this summer I am doing an olympic length triathlon. That one has me on a training schedule.

I am so glad you did an outdoor ride today. I ended up working the rest of the day. I want to take weekends off this summer so I have to work some extra days now so I have time later for training and racing.

Don't wish for it, work for it.
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 58 - Grateful for my wonderful daughter. I am truly blessed to have her.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    166 - it's the small things. I am now in my own cubicle at work. I spent a little time printing out some family photos to hang in my work area. Looking over at the pictures throughout the day made me smile. :)
  • cblue315
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jeanmk56 wrote: »
    109 - "she believed she could so she did 13.1"

That is what is inscribed on the bracelet my wonderful niece gave to me today. Four years this weekend I did my first 13.1 in a blizzard because I believed I could do it. I wasn't happy with my time and 8 months later I ran my next 13.1. While helping my niece train for her first 13.1 and I felt no injuries as I did for my second one, I decided to do a 3rd. Four weeks from today I will be completing my 4th half marathon and in October my 5th.

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but I only became "athletic" in 2010 when I was 54. And I have inspired my niece to do so as well. I never saw myself as being an inspiration to someone else.

Last year on my birthday I was laying on the couch again, eating again, watching tv again. One of the channels on my satellite tv was dedicated to triathlons at the time. I watched a show of one of the Kona Ironman in which one of the athletes was Gordon Ramsey. I thought to myself "If he can do an Ironman I can do a triathlon". I do not like him very much.

Part of this story is that at the time my weigh in was exactly the same for three weeks in a row. I had just picked a new personal trainer at my gym. He was starting to get on me about my weight. At the time it was 254.

All of this was a perfect storm for me. So in 2015 I would:
    1. Turn 55
    2. Have my 35th wedding anniversary
    3. My "baby" would have his golden birthday - 23

I was tired of being the biggest thing in my life and instead do something big. I wanted to be down a total of 100 pounds (done in December of last year), and do a triathlon. Not a sprint either. I needed a big goal. I would do an Olympic length.

Today I thought about this thread several times. It reminds me of my goals and how much I want this. Thank you for inspiring me also.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    167 - reading what @cblue wrote above makes me smile because she is accomplishing her goals!
  • cblue315
    Options
    Happy day today!
    The weather is not good, my piriformis syndrome woke me up several times during the night, I am having a hungry day.
    Today I will:
    Be thankful I do not live in Australia where there is massive flooding right now.
    Be thankful I can go the the gym anyway and get in an excellent workout.
    Eat within my calories today as tomorrow is weigh in.
    Be mindful of my choices, food, work and social.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    168 - Don't be upset by the results you don't get with work you didn't do.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    169 - It's only a thought, and a thought can be changed. Louise Hay
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 59 - Grateful that I can spend time with the family this evening.
  • cblue315
    Options
    Revelations today - I am responsible for myself, I have choices, I can live with my choices.
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 60 - Grateful I got a good workout in today. I was not feeling like it at all, which is how I feel every Friday. But I got it done.