125 day positive challenge

Options

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Day 66 - Today I am grateful I am half way done with this challenge. It has really helped me to stop and think each day about how lucky I am, even on the worst of days.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    176 - hugs feel good
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Today was a day of revelations, good and not so good but I feel I am moving toward a good place. Two days 12 hours to starting gun for my first ever race.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    177 - feeling a bit down the last couple of nights, perhaps lack of exercise. On a positive note I finished the baby's afghan last night. It is about twice as big as the pattern called for, but she will have it forever!
  • cblue315
    Options
    Jean, such a lovely gift for the baby. I made a quilt for my youngest when he was born. He still sleeps with it and he just turned 23.
    Today I am so very grateful God is in charge of my life. I could not manage nearly as well as He does.
  • cblue315
    Options
    Attitude is a choice. Think positive thoughts daily. Believe in yourself. ~ Pat Summitt, Head coach of the ladies Tennessee Vols basketball team
    I love this quote, makes me believe I can be what I want to be.
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 67 - Grateful for my husband today.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    178 - today has been a beautiful day, hours spent outside doing things I enjoy!
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Congrats for successfully focusing on the good things in your life and for carrying on even after you met your goal!
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    179 - "The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you." - Unknown
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    TLL09 wrote: »
    I love this thread! Congrats for successfully focusing on the good things in your life and for carrying on even after you met your goal!
    Thank you! Come back and contribute at any time!
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Jeanmk56 wrote: »
    35 ~ A negative mind will never give you a positive life.

Still going back to read older posts.
    I love this thought. Gives me hope that I can be a positive person if I decide to have a positive mind.

@cblue315 I have become a more positive person by doing this challenge. With my depression when I started this I was always looking at the negative in everything. Not to say that I still don't see the negative, but I see so much more positive.
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1 - I spent the first truly hot day of the year basking in the sunshine! I love this time of year!
  • hopesrup
    hopesrup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. I didnt even know there was a community out therem :)
  • cblue315
    Options
    Beliefs drive behaviors and self-limiting beliefs lead to self defeating behaviors. Believe in yourself and your abilities.
    I believed I could run my first ever race and I did it today. I am 54 years old. A little over 3 years ago I weighed almost 300 pounds. Today I ran/biked/ran my first race ever, I finished with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    @cblue315 I am so proud of you! I remember the feeling when I crossed my first finish line (it was an Irongirl sprint tri), it was amazing and I was 54 when I did it too!. Today I get that same amazing feeling whenever I cross a finish line and even at times when there is no finish line, just my own it is sooo good to be able to do the things I now do.

@hopesrup please come back and read or contribute or both, all are welcome!

@TLL09 I'm glad you like it here! keep coming back!
  • JeanMBK
    Options
    180 - Today was another day spent in the sunshine and we went for a hike at a small falls today. We discussed other places we can go to and hike, etc. Life is good!
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 68 - Grateful for the courage I have to deal with an issue that is long overdue.
  • JeanMBK
    edited May 2015
    Options
    181 - for some reason I'm exhausted tonight and can't think straight. Goodnight, Peace.
  • cblue315
    Options
    Mental training teaches you to think clearly and use your mind effectively. Just the way you learn not to swing at bad pitches, you must learn to not to chase bad thoughts. Learn to turn your negative critic into a positive coach. ~ Gary Mack, Mind Gym

While I believe it is good to prepare for bad things to happen, I think I will focus on positive outcomes for my life choices to allow them to come into my life.