-TMI ALERT- Excruciating BMs

Options
124»

Replies

• Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Metamucil or any psyllium husk fiber supplement is the bomb. Bonus points if you take it twice or thrice a day because it absorbs fat and cholesterol from your intestinal tract.

Drink more water! Water is something you can track on MFP, start tracking it. You can also configure MFP to track how much fiber you're consuming.
  • alienbabyjen
    alienbabyjen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend anything anyone has said on here except the ones that said go to a doctor. Why in the world would you trust internet peeps for a medical condition. Seriously.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    lkbrummett wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I started taking a magnesium supplement and it has helped tremendously! It says its for the muscles and bones but I read somewhere it helped with this problem and it most certainly did!

I was looking for this before I commented. Fiber supplements did nothing for me.
    MAGNESIUM will cure this problem!
    The capsules helped but not as much as the powder you mix into water, you can find it at health food stores. Mine is called Natural Calm magnesium supplement. I had hard stools for most of my adult life. ONE DAY after taking 2 doses of the stuff and the problem is gone and has been for 2 years. Try it!

Why do you think I suggested ZMA?
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Got an appointment this morning, doctor told me that my Naproxen was causing the constipation which had resulted in a minor fissure, hence the blood. Rather than any additional medication she said to stick to what I'm currently doing to improve my fibre intake and stool softeners.