Over 50 club

Options

Replies

• Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    After you have a reasonable portion of dinner, push away from the table, go brush your teeth, then drink a big glass of water.
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just read thru the posts! What great advice. I have sent a couple of friend requests, it isn't easy finding friends that are in our age group! Anyone wanting to add me, let me know.

I would add water to the list of weight loss tips. Everyone knows they should drink water, but I am a life-long water hater! I have been addicted to iced tea, brewed and with added sugar. I have completely given that up 75 days ago. I never thought I could do it, but I have. I don't even want it anymore. I found one kind of water that I actually could swallow (ha) and of course it is not easy to find in the local stores, but have found it at Sams Club Warehouse in bulk. So I pay the extra and treat myself to what I believe is the best water money can buy, Smart Water. I taste a difference with it compared to all the other bottled water.

Go.Get.Healthy!!
    :)
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining this group. I have been off MFP a few months and now ready to resume and be more active. I am going to be 53 next month and I want it to be a better year for me. I gained some weight in July and it never came off! I do yoga and walk but not near enough exercise. I am trying to be mainly vegetarian but do eat some fish and poultry and beef occasionally. I think some of you have wonderful advice. Marianne Williamson is a very smart and inspirational writer so I hope that books helps you, glingles. I would recommend anyone interested in getting over heart disease to watch FORKS over KNIVES. It is very inspirational and educational! Please add me I need new friends!!!
  • lmkt1
    lmkt1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 this year and am really tired of the yo you dieting. I'm hoping to find some support and get motivation to start this journey, (once again)
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I would like to say to our new group members 'Welcome'
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Suggestion:
    How about a weekly weigh in?
    Including measurements
    That way we can monitor each other's progress.
    Let me know what u all think
  • NebraskaGirl59
    NebraskaGirl59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on MFP for a while and realize I need to get involved in groups and make some friends. I just turned 55 and have a lot of weight to lose. If anyone is looking for friends, please let me know. I'd like to be part of this over 50 group.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Welcome to the group, we all need support to lose weight.
    I have over 50 pounds to lose myself. Its tough going, but with the right people around us. we can do this :)
  • Sztheday
    Sztheday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi - Busybee, you're right, having support is a great motivator to stick with it. I also agreed with the advice above that weight loss is 80% diet...and the comment regarding water.
  • Chemist1964
    Options
    I am 50 even. I wanted to lose 50 by 50, but lost 15. Now the rest needs to go!
  • loveyhowellthethird
    Options
    51 yr old, Mom on the Go Go Go. Gotta take of 60 lbs! Used this site a couple of years ago, lost 37 lbs. I believe in exercise and tracking calories, it works. Good luck everyone
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi Sztheday & Greg961964
    We have a group called the over 50 group. please join our group. I look after it with heart2health.
    We can all motivate each other & when ever we feel down or cant cope. The group will help
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and have lost 57 pounds. It's a lifestyle change that requires healthy eating, sleep, strength training with limited cardio. If I can do it anyone can.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi Loveyhowellthe...
    Please join our group it will help you & the rest of us to support each other.
    I look forward to hearing from you all :)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi Topsking2010, would you be kind enough to come on board & help us over 50's to get the same results as you?
    We have a group called
    the over 50 group
  • BBee5064
    Options
    over 50 club
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hey BB, I am having trouble finding the Over 50 Club in the groups, can you message me a link or tell me how to locate it?
  • BBee5064
    Options
    im going nuts?? must be my age :D
    My group is the over 50 group
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi NC Servant, If you go unto groups & input over 50 group. we only have 15 members so far. Heart2health & myself look after it.
    Let me know if you struggle.
    Welcome aboard
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    There is no place to "input" a search for a group name. What is the link to the group page? No way we can find it since there are 1000s of groups. How did the 14 members find it?
    55835802.png