Over 50 club

Options

Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and a mfp retread. I don't need to lose 50 lbs but do need to get in shape.

sodakat, you're right. I looked at the groups and there is no way to search for one by name. Even google didn't bring it up.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi all, u r right it's not easy to find the over 50 group. I thought u could put in over 50 group & u could find it. I try & find the link
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hopefully this link will work
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That's it! I put a join request in.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Great stuff,
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    53 and I'm working on my last 12 pounds and then will be maintaining. Can I join?
  • Meezat
    Meezat Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hello, thx for the link to join! Even after going through 40 pages, I could not find the name of this group!
  • Meezat
    Meezat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    slimgirl64 wrote: »
    Meezat wrote: »

Hello, thx for the link to join! Even after going through 40 pages, I could not find the name of this group!

I got to 48 pages before i gave up lol

This then is definitely motivation! Good luck!

• TeamJoZig
    TeamJoZig Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you'll let me join in, please? I'm 47 and would love some support from people of a similar age and stage
  • ebfmfp
    ebfmfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Group join request sent.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi all not sure what's going on with over 50 group. So I set up another group
    Busybee over 50 group
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100850-busybee-over-50-group
  • Flowerbaby2
    Flowerbaby2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Busybee so you really have been a BusyBee as it seems that there are many of us over 50 crowd.I just want to ask people out there about exercises .I have bone on bone arthritis in my knee that is very painful and I can not walk with it
    So I am limited .I would like to know of non weight bearing exercises and videos on YouTube that demonstrate them.suggestions ladies?
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Hi Flowerbaby2
    My sister has the same condition as u. Very painful. She uses a trampete ( mini trampoline) when she does any star jumps etc. she also does Pilates which is gentler on the knees.
    Hope that helps :)
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options
    I am happy to say I made it through my first day back on regular duty today.I took Ibuprofin this morning and wore a Capsiacin patch and did ok,just 6 years and 1 month until retirement yeah ha.If anyone else out there has none on bone arthritis I would love to hear what you do to minimize pain as it really does hurt and. Doctors are not very nice ,very condescending
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options
    srcurran wrote: »
    53 and I'm working on my last 12 pounds and then will be maintaining. Can I join?

• Flowerbaby2
    Options
    I like having a group that we can discuss the challenges of low estrogen and excess wt and don't forget. The thinning hair.Oh joy
  • BBee5064
    Options
    6 Years & I month to go before retirement. What will you do with your self?
    Ive got 17 more years to go. :(
    He ho, not to worry .... time flies when your enjoying you self .... :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me! LOVE MY WINE!
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options
    I just want to pay down bills so I can decrease the amount of hours I work.Ive worked 31 years as a hospital nurse and it wears on your body