Replies

• silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    try being a 21 year old fat guy at a bar trying to pick up girls with your slim friends. Not happening.

There are probably as many women out there saying exactly the same thing in reverse.
    Maybe so. I think is a overweight female you can still have a more normal life though. You can still go out. Still get laid. Still gain life experience the same ways other people do. As a chubby girl you're not even going to get the same advice a guy would get. "Just wait on that special guy to notice you one day," said no one ever. It's all "Big is beautiful! Show of those curves! Etc." Why? Because big girls know they can still get men. Chances are most big girls don't even want a big guy.

Not necessarily true, it all depends on your personality and how you approach life. I've seen some big guys (not muscular but fat) get some serious play from some hot women all because of their personalities. It is no wonder you haven't had much luck with women if you're personality is as much a downer as your advice. Women pick up on that and no woman wants to be around a guy steeped in depression, guilt and self-loathing. You got to learn to love yourself first before someone else can join in.
    Yeahhhh ok. Go survey college age girls. Do they want a guy with a 6 pack, or at least a flat stomach, or a guy that weighs 300lbs. Ladies? Want to chime in on this one?

I'm assuming your attitude towards women is what's preventing you from getting dates and not your physique.

Exactly. All things being equal, would I prefer a partner who's physically attractive? I guess, though overall I'd prefer a partner who's about as attractive as myself, or at best a tiny bit better looking. But would I pick an arrogant jerk with a 6-pack over a 300 lb guy who's my best friend, who's fun, who makes me feel great about myself, and who I think would make a great dad and life partner? Um, no.

If you treat women as people first rather than conquests or potential hookups, you'll build relationships that are the start of something more.

You're right that the less conventionally physically attractive you are, the harder it is to get a date, and especially casual sex. However, that holds for others as well: less attractive women are in the same boat as you. Most men focus only on the top 10% of women by looks. Try looking for women you think you have something in common with, and who are about as physically attractive as you.

You mentioned college age women. 20 year old women within a normal weight range are the most desireable women in the world. It's ridiculous to set that as your standard. However, older women (visibly over 40) in particular get ignored by men (as well as overweight women of course) and may be more receptive to conversation, dating, or yes, even casual sex. Internet dating is fantastic for people without conventional beauty.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I didn't say every women. This is a general statement about females as a whole, supported by scientific data, not about your preferences.[/quote]

Based on what research?[/quote]

Varies scientific studies that I don't have access too but are referenced in almost any article talking about the subject.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2402851/A-womans-beauty-really-IS-important-thing-man--women-social-status.html

References a study that shows that men are more apt to choose long term partners based on physical attractiveness than women that choose based on social status.

http://static.squarespace.com/static/504114b1e4b0b97fe5a520af/t/5365a93be4b0d9a600e04147/1399171387042/Meltzer2014JPSP.pdf

Study shows that men are happier over the long term if they have what they consider a physical attractive mate while women are neutral on happiness related to physical attractiveness.

http://www.psyarticles.com/inter-personal/attraction.htm

Refers to two studies that show that from an evolutionary standpoint, men are more apt to choose a suitable mate based on physical attraction while women focused on men that presented themselves as more affluent than their peers.

• Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »

I'm assuming your attitude towards women is what's preventing you from getting dates and not your physique.

Exactly. All things being equal, would I prefer a partner who's physically attractive? I guess, though overall I'd prefer a partner who's about as attractive as myself, or at best a tiny bit better looking. But would I pick an arrogant jerk with a 6-pack over a 300 lb guy who's my best friend, who's fun, who makes me feel great about myself, and who I think would make a great dad and life partner? Um, no.

If you treat women as people first rather than conquests or potential hookups, you'll build relationships that are the start of something more.

You're right that the less conventionally physically attractive you are, the harder it is to get a date, and especially casual sex. However, that holds for others as well: less attractive women are in the same boat as you. Most men focus only on the top 10% of women by looks. Try looking for women you think you have something in common with, and who are about as physically attractive as you.

You mentioned college age women. 20 year old women within a normal weight range are the most desireable women in the world. It's ridiculous to set that as your standard. However, older women (visibly over 40) in particular get ignored by men (as well as overweight women of course) and may be more receptive to conversation, dating, or yes, even casual sex. Internet dating is fantastic for people without conventional beauty.

I like the sentiment, but I have to disagree a little on the bolded part. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and whatnot... and often people have distorted views of their own attractiveness. So "look for someone that is as attractive as you" is poor advice that plays to insecurities. Just look for someone who is attractive to you and also attracted to you (obviously). Perhaps that might end up with people with similar attractiveness by some subjective scale, but it doesn't have to.

I'm with all the other ladies that say they've met men with great personalities, and that weight doesn't much factor into it as far as whether or not you'll be attracted. In my experience, it is the men that more often discriminate against large women (I've even had a relative who is in his 30's state outright, in front of three other women and his wife, that fat women were disgusting and he'd never marry one; one of the women has struggled with her weight and I really wanted to punch him in the face). I've heard far far more men comment on women's weight and how they want skinny women rather than visa versa. I've had friends who've been brought to tears over boyfriends calling them fat, telling them to lose weight because they're unattractive, and women that will "get laid" but be insulted by the man afterwards and made to feel like crap (because, you know, men "will screw anything" and that has no bearing on their reputation, only the woman, who is lumped into the category of "anything"). And of course there are shallow men and shallow women, and people that aren't so shallow. But to say "women have it better" is just laughable.

• wilsoncl6
    Options
    Basilin, I tend to agree with you on the fact that more men discriminate against larger women than women do against larger men. For a guy that is dating, an attractive women can be a sign of social status and many guys won't date a larger women because of the stigma that comes with it. When I was single, I didn't discriminate. I've dated some women that were hot but didn't last because they had horrible personalities and dated women that were larger, even obese because they had amazing personalities and were fun to be around. I had a friend ask me why I was with a girl that was 5'4 200 lbs once when he'd seen me with what he thought was much better looking women. I told him because she may look like twice his weight, she was twenty times the person he would ever be. This bothered me because I was teased until I hit puberty because I was super skinny and then teased after gaining weight for being too fat. You'll never make everyone happy but it's a guarantee that there is at least one person out there that you will.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Basilin, I tend to agree with you on the fact that more men discriminate against larger women than women do against larger men. For a guy that is dating, an attractive women can be a sign of social status and many guys won't date a larger women because of the stigma that comes with it. When I was single, I didn't discriminate. I've dated some women that were hot but didn't last because they had horrible personalities and dated women that were larger, even obese because they had amazing personalities and were fun to be around. I had a friend ask me why I was with a girl that was 5'4 200 lbs once when he'd seen me with what he thought was much better looking women. I told him because she may look like twice his weight, she was twenty times the person he would ever be. This bothered me because I was teased until I hit puberty because I was super skinny and then teased after gaining weight for being too fat. You'll never make everyone happy but it's a guarantee that there is at least one person out there that you will.

B) Awesome.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There's less of it, but that's not because of the weight loss. I started going to college and my husband started a very physical job. He is so worn out and tired and pretty much wakes up just to go back to work again. The only time he has the stamina to participate is on the weekends. But he does do a lot of other things that let me know he's liking the progress, like smacking my behind constantly and obviously checking me out all the time. I don't think time we do spend together is any better or worse though. It's always been amazing, lol. :wink:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    try being a 21 year old fat guy at a bar trying to pick up girls with your slim friends. Not happening.

There are probably as many women out there saying exactly the same thing in reverse.
    Maybe so. I think is a overweight female you can still have a more normal life though. You can still go out. Still get laid. Still gain life experience the same ways other people do. As a chubby girl you're not even going to get the same advice a guy would get. "Just wait on that special guy to notice you one day," said no one ever. It's all "Big is beautiful! Show of those curves! Etc." Why? Because big girls know they can still get men. Chances are most big girls don't even want a big guy.

Not necessarily true, it all depends on your personality and how you approach life. I've seen some big guys (not muscular but fat) get some serious play from some hot women all because of their personalities. It is no wonder you haven't had much luck with women if you're personality is as much a downer as your advice. Women pick up on that and no woman wants to be around a guy steeped in depression, guilt and self-loathing. You got to learn to love yourself first before someone else can join in.
    Yeahhhh ok. Go survey college age girls. Do they want a guy with a 6 pack, or at least a flat stomach, or a guy that weighs 300lbs. Ladies? Want to chime in on this one?

My boyfriend is overweight. A decent amount, he weighs over twice what I do. Dude gets hit on ALL THE TIME. It's kind of irritating, actually.

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well the sex was always great, but I think feeling better about myself and how I look naked makes it better. Lingerie is certainly more fun to wear!!
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    my arm doesn't get as tired as before...

Burning calories laughing my butt off with that comment!
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    sydneydeb wrote: »
    What is this "sex" you speak of? ;)

lol, indeed!
  • johnmurphymfp
    Options
    Her drive is in "P" for park. Although WHEN we actually partake, she does love my increasing endurance. I just wish she would do something for herself. She wants the lights out for she is not happy with the way she looks, but refuses to do anything about it. Very depressing.
  • johnmurphymfp
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Eh no difference here.

is that GOOD of bad?

• johnmurphymfp
    Options
    sydneydeb wrote: »
    What is this "sex" you speak of? ;)

x1

It's been so long I don't even remember what sex is :(

I hear ya sister. :'(
  • johnmurphymfp
    Options
    funny.....now that I've lost 50 pounds, dress better, feel better.....I got it more when I was heavier. .....

That is odd. I think you look great !!!! just saying. ;)

• johnmurphymfp
    Options
    Noogynoogs wrote: »
    Less

any idea as to why?

• johnmurphymfp
    Options
    All I will say is VA VA VA VOOM :)

YEAH for you... lucky.

• johnmurphymfp
    Options
    I got laid more often before I lost weight.

with that back side photo... I;'d think more often. now.

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    one day, again
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Sex is the same, just more slapping sounds.
    Almost died. LOL

• wilsoncl6
    Options
    funny.....now that I've lost 50 pounds, dress better, feel better.....I got it more when I was heavier. .....

That is odd. I think you look great !!!! just saying. ;)

I think she looks awesome too but I think a lot of women of all different body types look awesome. I don't buy into what they try to sell as the perfect female form, there is no perfect female form as everybody has their own ideas of perfection. I do hear that women that lose all of the extra weight do sometimes get pullback sexually from their partners. Don't worry ladies, it's probably not you and is/was most likely something related to your man's feelings about himself and his relationship with you going forward. It would be good to sit down and have an adult conversation about the subject. Sometimes us guys need our egos stroked and our fears assuaged.