Options

Replies

• The_GingerBeard_Man
    Options
    Awesome Transformation
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome. I want to copy and paste this to an email to send to my mother. I wish she would start doing some strength training.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! This is totally awesome!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Look at those abs! You've done an amazing job! I didn't see if anyone else asked about your bone density since you started lifting. This is a fantastic post. I'm glad I creeped your page this morning! :heart:
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Look at those abs! You've done an amazing job! I didn't see if anyone else asked about your bone density since you started lifting. This is a fantastic post. I'm glad I creeped your page this morning! :heart:

Thank you so much! <3

I had a bone scan done last February (so 14 months from the first one) which actually showed more thinning, however, it was done on a different machine which I understand can show different results. Also, from the time I got that recommendation from my doc to resistance train, to the time I could actually start a program due to the physical therapy I did, I only got in 7 months of training. So while I am still concerned, I am hopeful things are getting better now, and next year due to an insurance change, I can go back to the clinic that did my first scan.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    sun_fish wrote: »

Thank you so much! <3

I had a bone scan done last February (so 14 months from the first one) which actually showed more thinning, however, it was done on a different machine which I understand can show different results. Also, from the time I got that recommendation from my doc to resistance train, to the time I could actually start a program due to the physical therapy I did, I only got in 7 months of training. So while I am still concerned, I am hopeful things are getting better now, and next year due to an insurance change, I can go back to the clinic that did my first scan.

That would be great, I hope that works out!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE !!! An inspiration to us all.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Really well done.
    So glad you did it pre menopause. It will be so much easier for you to maintain and keep your bone density and muscle mass as well as you may still get a little skin shrinkage.
    I started my much small journey half way through menopause and wish I had started a couple of years earlier so I wouldn't feel i was forever trying to play catch up with my muscles and bones.
    Well done!!!!
    For everyone reading this - please try to get in shape before you hit menopause.
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good job, very impressive!
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Those are incredible results. Very inspiring! :)
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You're 50? Bloody hell...I thought you were 25 with a body like that! Amazing.
  • sun_fish
    Options
    Really well done.
    So glad you did it pre menopause. It will be so much easier for you to maintain and keep your bone density and muscle mass as well as you may still get a little skin shrinkage.
    I started my much small journey half way through menopause and wish I had started a couple of years earlier so I wouldn't feel i was forever trying to play catch up with my muscles and bones.
    Well done!!!!
    For everyone reading this - please try to get in shape before you hit menopause.

Thank you!

Actually, I hit menopause 4 months into losing. While I wish I had started earlier, it's all good, as I am pleased I finally did it. No use having regret over something I can't change!
  • sun_fish
    Options
    You're 50? Bloody hell...I thought you were 25 with a body like that! Amazing.

Thank you! The last picture is me just shy of my 53rd birthday. Let's just say I am in better shape now than I ever have been.

Though to be fair - pictures often show our "best side". What you don't see in the photo is the cellulite and loose skin. I have both, but will happily take those instead of obesity.
  • brzflapdx
    brzflapdx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Great success, really amazing and inspirational!
  • SleepyGirl2
    SleepyGirl2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!!! What an inspiration!!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ditto Sleepgirl2_ WOW! what an inspiration. Thank you for posting
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow Congratulations! you look amazing
    You are truly inspirational ;)
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done you - Great Job!
  • RRBww
    RRBww Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!