Juice Diet

Options
124»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    andreannab wrote: »
    I would not suggest doing any fad diet. I am 41 and had tried every single one of them THEY DONT WORK! They will not help you get healthy. if your looking to drop fast weight I suggest a HEALTHY detox then a balanced diet ( lifestyle change) of clean foods and exercise If your interested in what has worked for me and my family and friends message me. I have lost 44 pounds have tons of energy and feel amazing!!

by healthy detox do you mean that the process that your body naturally does to detoxify itself?????????????? Or are you referring to some magical master cleanse?
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I tried a green juice thing the other day and it was so horrible I wanted to cry. I just had a huge wonderful lunch that I prepared this morning (grape tomatoes, mini cucumbers, yellow pepper, tuna, shredded cheddar, balsamic vinaigrette). 323 calories, 23 g protein. It was very satisfying and crunchy and delicious. Why would anyone want to drink vegetables?
  • Mudler
    Mudler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LOL, I hate vegetables. Always have :)
    My mother made me eat them "Eat your vegetables, they're good for you"

Then you leave home, buy all the foods from the supermarket that you like the look or sound of, then 25 years later you end up on a website like this asking peoples opinions and advice on how to lose weight because you've eaten too much rubbish :)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you can still eat the rubbish (though it's not very good for you), just eat less of it. If you want to lose weight AND be healthy, grow up and eat your veggies. :)

• nuhorizons1814
    nuhorizons1814 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try googling sites for Joe Cross, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, or Drew Canole if you're interested in getting opinions from people who have lost weight/changed their health from juice fasts.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So juicing is just another way of hiding veggies, not some magic elixir? At least that's understandable. My guess is that you'd be better off figuring out how to like vegetables (proper preparation is usually the key, IMO) and eating them with other healthy foods, but if not I think Jessica Seinfeld wrote a book about how to hide vegetables in food for kids. Kind of the same thing.

Kale and spinach smoothies can be good, but I really prefer eating.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Try googling sites for Joe Cross, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, or Drew Canole if you're interested in getting opinions from people who have lost weight/changed their health from juice fasts.

*and received lucrative endorsement deals

And thanks, now I want a canoli. Think I can juice that?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Try googling sites for Joe Cross, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, or Drew Canole if you're interested in getting opinions from people who make their living selling juicing products.

FIFY
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Mudler wrote: »
    I'm 52, I love crisps (potato chips) I love Coke, i love crappy fast food. I've been poisoning myself with all this rubbish for decades. The results of which brought me to MFP in the first place and I'm willing to bet a lot of other people as well.

So, my body is full of salt, sugar and probably far more poisons than i know of. So, a diet, any diet that re balances surely would be a good thing?

Longer term, a balanced eating diet without all that other stuff would be desired but for short term to re balance surely it wouldn't be a bad thing?

This sounds about like me a couple of years ago. I wouldn't say juicing is a bad thing...I don't juice, but low sodium V8 is a pretty standard part of my diet to supplement my veggie intake...plus it tastes good.

My issue with juicing fasts and whatnot is that you're not going to learn anything...you need to learn to eat a balanced and varied diet or nothing will change.

I had much the same issue as you...I ate tons of chips, loved sodas, and while I didn't eat a ton of fast food, it was still a pretty good chunk of my diet. Ultimately, I decided that I needed to learn to just eat better. I basically made myself a meal plan template that consisted largely of nutrient dense whole foods. I made it a point to get in 6-8 servings of fruit and veg per day...mostly veg and like I said, I let a small can of low sodium V8 supplement one of those servings..but I found a way to eat the rest.

Slowly but surely, my diet improved...two years later and I rarely have a Coke..maybe one every couple months or so...and on rare occasions do I eat things like chips and I don't really miss that stuff anymore...but it was a process...it took place over the course of the last two years and I'm still making changes and efforts to better my nutrition and fitness and likely always will. It's not a quick fix...doing a juice fast isn't going to balance anything out, even short term...it's not going to teach you anything...it's just a gimmick really to make people think they can by-pass the actual process. Without the process, there will be no long term and meaningful change.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Well look, if you're obese and/or live off fast food, then almost any change will be an improvement. That's different from believing that your body is full of mysterious 'poisons' and that eliminating solid food will 'detox' you. And also different from believing that a diet consisting solely of fruit and vegetable juices is in any way 'balanced'.

Edited to barf at the ad I saw after posting this: "Are mysterious toxins ruining your diet?" MFP ads are the same as dailymail.uk!

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Mudler wrote: »
    Seen all the videos, the claims and the hype.
    I'm a sceptical person and I do think, nah, this can't be true but at the same time, I'm intrigued.
    Not sure if I could do it or if I'd even want to but has anyone here tried it?

Whats results did you get, how hard was it etc?

Waste of time and money. Eat well, train hard, rest and recover...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Well look, if you're obese and/or live off fast food, then almost any change will be an improvement.

+1